Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Just finished the main story of Syndicate.  It's a great game.  I would definitely recommend it if you've liked the franchise in the past.  It's too bad that they'll apparently be taking a year off from the series, and not release a new game in 2016.  Hopefully it will give them more time to perfect the next title.

Guest Idioteque

I was never a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, more into Lord Of The Rings so I never dabbled in Star Wars video games until recently, starting the "Old Republic" series.

Anyone else give those games a go?

I was never a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, more into Lord Of The Rings so I never dabbled in Star Wars video games until recently, starting the "Old Republic" series.

Anyone else give those games a go?

Those games were sooooo AWESOME when they came out.  I played them so many times. I just loved them.  They really captured that Star Wars "feel".  You really felt like you were immersed in the Star Wars Universe.  Well done!  Funny moments too.  HK 47 is hilarious.

Guest Idioteque

I always zone out playing Metal Gear thinking it's just an awesome war game, then a cut scene happens & im fighting zombies & a guy on fire.

Buzzkill for someone who knows nothing about the plot but still a fun game.

I've been playing waaaay too much mgsv. First game in a long time that I've bought almost full price. Gameplay is great, story is kind of dumb though.

Same here.  My wife bought it for me back in the fall (first time buying new or not on discount in over a year), and I agree with you.  I couldn't finish it.  I found that I had to spend too much time doing repetitive actions/missions to keep my base going, equipment upgraded and staffed well.  I don't even know how much of the actual story I progressed though. I did play over 40 hours though, and I think that for that amount of time, I should have gotten more out of it, story-wise.  I think that was Hideo's plan though. He probably wanted to do something more along the lines of Peace Walker or whatever that PSP game was called.  I think the original MSG is still my favourite out of all of them.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - so pretty, so many sweet bow skills - fuck guns

The Division beta - I feel like this will fill the Destiny sized hole in my heart when it comes out

Slowly getting through Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth Vol 1 and so anime, very fanservice, kinda interesting combat

I actually played Unravel the other night and it's so awesome! Love the game and the concept. I even made my own Yarny doll (the site has instructions on how to do it). But I also played Madden 16. It's funny how I get the urge to play that game or any Madden game sometimes. I've been playing those since like 93, so it's hard to just stop. Besides, I like them.

Guest Idioteque

Just started Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic 2. I've been eyeing XCOM 2, I love that style of gameplay.

There's this new game out called "Firewatch" and it looks sooooo good. I love story-heavy video games like Life Is Strange/Any Telltale game. I never have the patience to play them personally so I just watch people on youtube or twitch play them.

If anyone else likes PLAYING those types of games though I'd recommend it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ7Sw9psfMU

Sometimes it's $10-$90 cheaper to just watch someone play a video game for you lol. 

I haven't yet started Firewatch and I need to finish the last episode of Life Is Strange.

Also need to play Read Only Memories, Kentucky Route Zero (waiting for the last 2 episodes to come out), Her Story, Charnel House Trilogy and a bunch of other stuff (I like indie games if this was apparent).

I am probably gonna go through Firewatch this weekend though.

I'm about 3/4 through Fire Watch and recommend it despite it being a bit different. It's one of those games that feels a bit like a book in that you don't seem to actually do too much except let the story unfold around you. It's $20 currently and apparently clocks in at about 4 hours, so if that's not your thing then you'll want to avoid. So far the story is cool and it's done a good job of being funny, sad, and creepy. 

I'm about 3/4 through Fire Watch and recommend it despite it being a bit different. It's one of those games that feels a bit like a book in that you don't seem to actually do too much except let the story unfold around you. It's $20 currently and apparently clocks in at about 4 hours, so if that's not your thing then you'll want to avoid. So far the story is cool and it's done a good job of being funny, sad, and creepy. 

Walking simulators for the the win! I also enjoy "visual novel" style games are also great if you just want a good story.

• Upvote 1

Just finished 2013 Tomb Raider and finally finished Hydrophobia after owning it for years and not playing it.  My wife is playing the New Far Cry game (Primal?) and I decided to go back and give Mass Effect 3 another run.  I'm also going to give "The Last of Us" another run because I never played the expansion.

Just finished 2013 Tomb Raider and finally finished Hydrophobia after owning it for years and not playing it.  My wife is playing the New Far Cry game (Primal?) and I decided to go back and give Mass Effect 3 another run.  I'm also going to give "The Last of Us" another run because I never played the expansion.

The expansion for Last Of Us is well worth your time.  Really well done.

The expansion for Last Of Us is well worth your time.  Really well done.

Yeah I'm going to give it a shot while I'm on holidays next week.  I forgot to mention I also just finished Metro Last light.  Got the "bad" ending, I guess I killed to many people even though I knocked out most. Oh well.