Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

I have this wicked original star trek series adventure game that was on 5.5 inch floppies (25th anniversary).... One of my favorite games evar. I have a mac though, and having an OS greater than X makes it impossible to play games from OS 9 or earlier (unless you want to pay a crap load of money, and all the hassle needed).

Also, I'm a huge RPG nerd. Playing Chrono Trigger DS currently. Havent really used the extras yet, except the battle arena, which seems completely pointless.

Ya i remember that one! My friend had it. All i remember from it is when you're down on some planet & there's a locked door, u pick up this dude's hand that was blown off after he died & use it to scan entry into the door. hahaha good times.

There's nothing funnier than watching a bogey on your six crash into a hill after failing to duplicate your double barrel roll going under a bridge.

Also: slicing infantry with your wings. GG Geneva convention.

I played Guitar Hero: World Tour for the first time today. After playing Rock Band for two years I find this game to be not very good. The set list was half decent but the menus, note charts and band interaction(one fail, you all fail) was just terrible. Not to mention the career mode pales in comparsion to the depth Rock Band has. I really wanted to like this game but alas. I played it with Rock Band instruments, so I can't really give an opinion on GHWT's gear.

I played Guitar Hero: World Tour for the first time today. After playing Rock Band for two years I find this game to be not very good. The set list was half decent but the menus, note charts and band interaction(one fail, you all fail) was just terrible. Not to mention the career mode pales in comparsion to the depth Rock Band has. I really wanted to like this game but alas. I played it with Rock Band instruments, so I can't really give an opinion on GHWT's gear.

Word on the street is the guitar hero drums are much more durable/better as well as the guitar. Personally I like the RB one better.

You just said what I said first time messing around with the game. It's balls compared to rock band. then you get into the iffy download content = pass. the ONLY good thing is it's compatibility and hotel California lol.

If it ain't broke don't fix it doesn't really apply to videogames on the same level as other things. Hundreds of games come out every year advancing ever genre and taking bits and pieces from their predecessors. Which is what makes Resident Evil 5 feel dated, compared to say... dead space. It's one thing to keep the same mechanics, but you also have to keep up with the competition.

Well they DID add a co-op mode, which is pretty important to some people (not me particularly, but I understand).

RE has appeal because of the gameplay and the story. It's just a quality franchise and RE5 is going to be a quality game with an interesting story and interesting characters. That's what I'm looking forward to.

The turning in RE4, while better than it's predecessors, is still not as fluid as I feel it should be. I love the game, and it's just a minor gripe that doesn't really detract from the experience, but it still is a little bit of a flaw, and if controlling Chris in RE5 feels like controlling Leon in 4, then yes, it will be another minor gripe that doesn't really detract from what is likely to be an excellent game.

This may sounds completely ridiculous to you, but controls that don't give you the full range of motion and maneuvering you'd hope for is better for a game like Resident Evil. Making it more difficult to get around/avoid zombies makes it a bit more tense.

That's partly what made the original resident evil a scary game. The controls sucked and you couldn't get away when you wanted to because of crappy controls and shitty camera angles.