Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Picked up a Switch a couple weeks ago and have been playing Breath of the Wild, that game is fantastic; It's exactly my type of game. I spend most of my time having fun exploring the world and finding cool things, and I love how the game looks, it's not the most technically impressive game but the landscapes are beautiful regardless and I could spend hours just looking at them. I don't even use the fast travel system; I estimate it will take me 200+ hours to complete, I'm 55 hours in and still in the 3rd area out of 11 (not including the starting zone).

Edited by IamNick

Just picked up Mass Effect Andromeda for PC.  I like it so far, runs good with my ASUS GTX 1070 OC at 1080p!  Had to turn down some settings from ultra to high though, and I don't like post processing or ambient occlusion so I get good frame rates turning that stuff down. :)

So I've been playing Persona 5 the last few days as well. I kind of alternate between Persona and Breath of the Wild, they are both amazing and very long games; I think I have enough hours of games ahead of me to last until summer.

Oh man, Breath of the Wild is a really fun game. I've been running around doing random shit most of the time and it's still fun.

It's about time a really good Zelda game was released. I haven't really enjoyed Zelda since Ocarina of time.  Mind you wind waker was good, never finished it though.  Couldn't even get past the first dungeon of Twilight Princess, I just couldn't get into it.

Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. A little rough around the edges, starts off slowly, a lot of the quest design is bullshit, but the character writing is great and the interactions between squadmates is fantastic. The combat is a lot of fun and when you go on missions with a more constrained level design (like in the original trilogy) instead of the open world map, the game really finds it's stride. It's a shame those types of missions are very limited.

Overall, it's solid, but generally unspectacular. 

Guest Idioteque

Has anyone seen the gameplay footage for "Days Gone"? Looks absolutely stunning, possibly the next 10/10 PS4 exclusive game after the Last of Us.

Speaking of which, if they could have made the main character of Days Gone to be Ellie's dad or older brother & interlock both games into a giant series, it would have been biblical.

Guest Idioteque

All I want is a Lord of the Rings video game not surrounded by controversy. WB really knows how to consistently fuck with games, micro-transactions & lootboxes were cute in mobile games but seeing them in AAA $80 video games is disgusting.

All I want is a Lord of the Rings video game not surrounded by controversy. WB really knows how to consistently fuck with games, micro-transactions & lootboxes were cute in mobile games but seeing them in AAA $80 video games is disgusting.

Agreed!

Started playing No Man's Sky for the first time in around year or so. I'm liking it a lot better now than I did at launch.

Games I've played and finished since my last post:

Horizon Zero Dawn (completed it just after I finished ME:Andromeda) - best game I've played this year

Pyre (2nd best game I've played this year)

Resident Evil 7 (scariest game I've ever played, and 3rd or 4th best game I've played this year)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (3rd or 4th best I've played this year, stupid title, incredible sound design, bullshit puzzles)

PC Games I've played-thru or intended to play thru, but only played part way thru since Last fall:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Played thru)

Life is Strange (Played Thru)

Hydrophobia Prophecy (Played Thru)

Outlast (Started)

Mass Effect (Played thru) - Beat many times

Mass Effect 2 (Played Part way, changed games) - Beat many times

Mass Effect Andromeda (Played thru)

Black Mesa (Played Thru)
Half-Life: Blue Shift (Played Thru)
Half-Life: Opposing Force (Played Thru)

Half-Life 2 (Played Part way, changed games) - Beat many times
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Played Part way, changed games) - Beat a few times 10-12 years ago.

Ryse: Son of Rome (Played part way, changed games) - Beat over a year ago.

Firewatch (Played Thru) - Beat a few times already

Fallout 4 (Finally played thru)

The Evil Within (Started)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Played Thru) - Beat 2 years ago

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Started but Just can't get into it)

Day of Infamy (Ongoing once and a while)

Left 4 Dead 2 (Once or twice with friends) Have never uninstalled it since 2010.

The Walking Dead Telltale game. (Played Thru) - Beat a few times over the last few years

Currently Playing The Walking Dead Season 2, and moving on to the third game after that, A new Frontier.  (Finished Season 2 when it came out)

Just purchased RAGE, Alien Isolation (on Sale games) got a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I have so many games I want to try but not much time which is why I often abandon games these days.  I have usually 2 hours after 8 pm to play if I want to be a hermit and not have sex.  It's a trade off.

I've been playing Mario + Rabbids on the Switch which is really good. Also playing an indie game i found on the Switch called Kingdom: New Lands, it's a 2d, side-scroller, base-building game that's actually super fun and addicting. 

Picked up the newest Assassin's Creed.  It's pretty good so far.

Also Super Mario Odyssey.  Pretty good too.

I just got the new AssCreed too. Love a lot of the new aspects ... new fighting system, not totally sold on yet...it's a bit clunky and arcade-y in my opinion.

I just got to Alexandria. Let's just say that the poster doesn't do it justice. I once thought that Ubisoft's vision of Venice in the Ezio Trilogy could not be outdone.

They outdid themselves.

The fighting system is the only thing that I'm not sold on too.  It feels weird, and I don't know if it's just because I replayed the last AC before buying this one.

Good overall so far though.