Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

On 7/30/2019 at 12:06 AM, Crusader said:

Been playing Yakuza 0 and it's been great so far. I'm terrible at fighting games lol

Yakuza 0 is great. Once you complete it you have to play Yakuza 6. It's a must.  Incredible game and if you are a wrestling fan the NJPW roster is in the game!  Easily one of my favorite games.  Kiwami and 2, are all fun as well. Yakuza is a series done the right way.

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2019 at 1:48 PM, foats said:

Yakuza 0 is great. Once you complete it you have to play Yakuza 6. It's a must.  Incredible game and if you are a wrestling fan the NJPW roster is in the game!  Easily one of my favorite games.  Kiwami and 2, are all fun as well. Yakuza is a series done the right way.

I'll probably get into Kiwami next and eventually make me way up to 6. I still need to finish Breath of the Wild lol, got sidetracked doing subquests.

just today it was announced that 3, 4, 5 will be remastered.  You can buy the set for $60 now but only Yakuza 3 is playable. 4 comes out in a month or two and 5 in February.  They also have an origins pack with 0,1,2    Kiwami is fun. If you like 0 you will love them all.

• Like 1

I’ve been playing rimworld... which is amazing and frustrating and hilarious. I recommend it to anyone.

i have also been debating trying to get a hold of an old PS4 in anticipation of Final fantasy vii remake... this would probably not bode well for my marriage 

I played the demo and enjoyed it! I don't really have any nostalgia for FF7 (I've played through it completely once about 10 years ago, which was probably my fourth or fifth attempt at it over the years) but I do like the universe and characters so I'm interested in seeing the new take on it, but I'm also willing to put it off a bit.

Resident Evil 3 Remake on the other hand, I'm spending launch weekend playing the hell out of that.

• Like 1

I just beat Resident evil 3 Remake twice in x2 days (once on Normal and once on Hard).  The game looks great, plays great, though it lacks the polish of RE2 remake.  It's also very short, and really could have just been DLC for RE2 its that short imo.

Just did a run of Walking dead 1, 2 and New Frontier for my wife, I'm currently in the middle of a run of Dragon Quest XI, and have been playing halo MCE co-op with my bro on Steam.

I have the time now because I can't go back to work until my COVID-19 test results come in.  (Fingers crossed).

I finished RE3 Remake once a couple weekends back! It was a nice update to one of my favourite games! I played the original I don't know how many times - it was one of the few games I owned on PS1 during high school so I was basically speedrunning it.

I caved and got Final Fantasy 7 Remake and I'm really enjoying it. Combat is great, the characters are fun and I actually kind of understand what's going on! And the updated soundtrack is just phenomenal. 

20 hours ago, AnOceanPearl said:

I finished RE3 Remake once a couple weekends back! It was a nice update to one of my favourite games! I played the original I don't know how many times - it was one of the few games I owned on PS1 during high school so I was basically speedrunning it.

I caved and got Final Fantasy 7 Remake and I'm really enjoying it. Combat is great, the characters are fun and I actually kind of understand what's going on! And the updated soundtrack is just phenomenal. 

I'm glad to hear! I haven't pulled the trigger on it, mostly because I still don't have a PS4. Due to the lockdown, marketplace prices have gone through the roof, and I can't justify paying full price, considering how much use I'd get out of it. 

I just started to replay the original FFVII. The graphics were incredibly jarring at the beginning, but I've gotten used to it now

On 4/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, folk singer said:

I'm glad to hear! I haven't pulled the trigger on it, mostly because I still don't have a PS4. Due to the lockdown, marketplace prices have gone through the roof, and I can't justify paying full price, considering how much use I'd get out of it. 

I just started to replay the original FFVII. The graphics were incredibly jarring at the beginning, but I've gotten used to it now

Try playing it on your PS3 using a CRT TV or SDTV and it will look better.

Currently playing Trials of Mana on PC and it's amazing! Fun and enjoyable experience. Also playing Jedi fallen order.

I recently did a run through Evil Within. I found it gorgeous, but very boring.

2 hours ago, Sly Botts said:

Try playing it on your PS3 using a CRT TV or SDTV and it will look better.

Currently playing Trials of Mana on PC and it's amazing! Fun and enjoyable experience. Also playing Jedi fallen order.

I recently did a run through Evil Within. I found it gorgeous, but very boring.

that's good to know.... however, I only have a PS2 and definitely don't have a fancy TV ?

8 hours ago, folk singer said:

that's good to know.... however, I only have a PS2 and definitely don't have a fancy TV ?

What I meant was use an older model TV to play it.  If you're using a PS2 I can assume you are, unless you have it hooked up to an HDTV then it will look really bad.  If you have an oldstyle TV laying around, use that and it will look better.

Edited by Sly Botts
Spelling/Grammar
  • Upvote 1

I just finished Trials of Mana.  That was really fun!  I'm going to do another run with the 3 characters I didn't use.  It will be a challenge since I won't have any healers or mage's but the item system is pretty good at keeping you alive.  I'm having trouble keeping interest in Jedi Fallen Order, but I'll keep at it.

i finally started playing my switch again (smash bros ultimate) but then started playing stellaris on pc. smash just isn't as fun without other people.

i need to finish zelda before the sequel comes out.

Never finished FF7 remake what with the awful neighbours making it hard to do anything fun at my last place, so I'll have to come back to that one now that I've moved and I'm in a much better situation and can pay more attention to it.

In the meantime, started playing The Last of Us so I can remember what happened so I can play the TLOU2. 

On 8/29/2020 at 10:22 AM, colinarcher said:

There is only one game right now, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Even with well over 200 hours played, I keep exploring. The DLC is great too. 

Yeah I used to watch my son play that. He beat it when he was 8 years old!  Got all the extra stuff too.  Crazy.  Good game, I never played it myself though.  I have played Link to the Past and Ocarina of time a million times.  I played through Windwaker once but didn't finish the last castle.

• Like 1

I'm finally taking a shot a GTA V.  It's been really fun!

Recently did a run through a bunch of Wolfenstein games, Outer Worlds, Star Wars Squadrons (played roughly 50%, got bored), Terminator Resistance, Shadow Warrior (played 25% got bored), Cyberpunk 2077, Prey.

Have played a lot over the last little while:

The Last of Us 2

NHL 21

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Control (again)

Outer Wilds

Carrion

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

Resident Evil 3 Remake

Currently playing Persona 5 Royal.

Anxiously awaiting Resident Evil Village and Mass Effect Legendary (and I booked their release weeks off! not purposely for that reason but I'm not complaining)