Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

The Wii brings a new level of gaming, sure it doesn't have the graphics of Xbox 360 or PS3 but then again most people who have a Wii don't give a rats ass about the graphics. It's about the fun you can have doing the goofy moves that are required for some of the party games. It's a console created for everyone to enjoy and have fun, it's not for the people who *must* have great looking graphics.

The controls are part of the charm, I've had a Wii since last Christmas and I've enjoyed it to it's fullest. I have a tonne of games, some not so great, but most of those are good for a laugh here and there. Rockband doesn't need to have good graphics, it's just colours scrolling down a screen and you hit buttons in time with them...

My games for Wii:

Lego Star Wars

Force Unleashed

Driver: Parallel Lines

Rockband

Wii Play

Wii Sports (of course)

Jet Skii (worst game ever)

Deca Sports

Godfather (haven't bought it yet but I"m looking for it, I've already beat it but it's a fun hilarious game)

Smash Brothers Brawl

I'm sure there's others, just can't think of them

I'm glad there are people here who will back me up on the wii. I'm not nearly articulate to go up against someone myself haha

I'm personally a multiconsole owner, so I'd never consider purchasing Rock Band for wii, as I already enjoy it on PS3, I couldn't say how shit it is on wii.

But as for shitty games on Wii, there are shitty games for all platforms, it's not indigenous to Wii.

And who cares if the "tricks" are "old hat". I think the wii is a lot better than the power glove, and the balance board is far fucking better than the power pad. Nintendo took an idea that didn't quite take off when they first put it out and revamped it. That kind of shit is done all the time. As for the controls not being precise, I've personally never had a problem with them.

oh yea can't edit my game list but I also have Wii Fit heh, plus a bunch of GameCube games.

I also own a PS2 but I never play it, in fact I'm pretty sure it's still at my girlfriends place. The only thing I'd like to see on the Wii though is the ability to play movies that I've downloaded on my PC, but that's a small modification that isn't important.

I'll back you up on the Wii anytime Tracy.

Edited by Azalroth

I don't have fuel to add to either fire right now but I will say this, Mario Galaxy is on of the finest, all around complete games I have ever played. I also don't buy the criticism that it is 'Mario 64 with a Wiimote. The gameplay in Galaxy is as tight as Mario 3(the greatest game ever btw!!!) and the camera issues are few and far between. I guess you could call it a family game but is still is a hell of a lot of fun, despite your age level.

Homeworld 2.

Yes, I'm going back a bit, but it's a great game I've been meaning to play.

Got over the complexity of it (THERE'S A Z-AXIS?) and beat it in 2 days ;) The between-level story fillers and cutscenes are pretty cool.

Epic-space-micro-battles are epic.

I don't have fuel to add to either fire right now but I will say this, Mario Galaxy is on of the finest, all around complete games I have ever played. I also don't buy the criticism that it is 'Mario 64 with a Wiimote. The gameplay in Galaxy is as tight as Mario 3(the greatest game ever btw!!!) and the camera issues are few and far between. I guess you could call it a family game but is still is a hell of a lot of fun, despite your age level.

Couldn't agree more. The Wii's no more a kids toy than any other console, just because every 5th game isn't another FPS doesn't stop it being fun for an adult.

I played Sands of Time on the Xbox but then my CD got scratched so I fucked it off. Seemed enjoyable like, but no

Prince_of_Persia_2.png

!

Just finished playing the 2 expansion episodes for Half-Life 2 (finally). the original Half-Life is still better than 2 and its expansions, I think. I saw this trailer for "black mesa" which if it's actually true and is released sometime this year I will have to get it.

I am still also looking forward to the supposedly planned 3rd expansion episode for half-life 2. That may not come out til next year though, I hear. Valve is so slow with their games. Oy.

I need to play some of Bully now before RE5 comes out.

Just finished playing the 2 expansion episodes for Half-Life 2 (finally). the original Half-Life is still better than 2 and its expansions, I think. I saw this trailer for "black mesa" which if it's actually true and is released sometime this year I will have to get it.

I am still also looking forward to the supposedly planned 3rd expansion episode for half-life 2. That may not come out til next year though, I hear. Valve is so slow with their games. Oy.

I need to play some of Bully now before RE5 comes out.

Don't get me wrong as I loved the first Half-Life, number 2 and all the expansions were damn good. I enjoyed the original Half-Life immensely but I found the many jumping puzzles to be tedious and annoying. As for the expansions for the second game, I thought that the first episode was somewhat weak but the Episode 2 was amazing. The final level where you have to defend the base in the forest is one the best/innovative levels I have ever played in a video game. The satisfying feeling of latching the sticky bombs and then shooting them to explode the Striders was pure genius! And as for Episode 3, I think Valve spent most their time last year developing Left4Dead(gives it a hug) instead. Oh and Bully is awesome. It had all the trademark "Rockstar fun" that GTA 4 was sorely lacking. Don't get me wrong GTA4 had an amazing story but I had way more fun and much more of an attachement to a game when I played Bully.

You know what I played yesterday? Flower.

It was like a really interactive Windows Screensaver :S

PSN does not accept any of the credit card information I try to input, so I cannot play this. I really really want to play it.

I've started playing Mass Effect again, I'm not sure I mentioned that.

i bought Bully recently for Xbox 360, was disappointed. Just doesn't have the gameplay polish im used to with Rockstar, and found it kinda annoying. I mean there were lots of fun stuff to do, but the game just got under my skin after a short while. If anyone wants to buy it from me via Paypal give me a pm! its in perfect condition.

Next game i get will probably be Half-Life 2 Orange Box for 360. Never played Half-life 1 amazingly, besides a demo, and Portal looks cool.

Might pick up Call of Duty 5 soon, heard the zombie co-op game was fun.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Starcraft is my all time favorite PC game...I can't wait for 2 to come out finally.

I haven't played anything in months...just no time. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Too many Koreans on battle.net IMO. ;)

I've been playing since the demo and when I play online I get amazing records such as 0-16.

Gears of War is pissing me off so I guess it's COD4 time.

PSN does not accept any of the credit card information I try to input, so I cannot play this. I really really want to play it.

May I ask why? I get it, it's really pretty looking, and it's kind of a neat concept...but I can't imagine anyone would want to play it longer than 10-15 minutes.