Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Well actually I read that this Black Mesa project, while essentially a mod, acts as a total remake of the original Half-Life. It uses the source engine and the graphics are improved tremendously. It supposedly may be done some time this year and would be available free to download for anyone that has the most recent expansion (at least that is what I was told). It would be downloadable through steam.

You may want to wait for that or just go ahead and play the original. Either would be a good experience.

I loved Half-Life 2, but for some reason I found the story and the level design of HL1 more interesting and I felt like there was a greater sense of urgency in that game. City 17 is really cool, but I didn't feel that same sense of urgency. I think it's because so many things are happening in the original and the events were all so sudden that you just don't know what's going on and you're trying to gtfo out alive, whereas HL2 you sort of know what to expect.

I'm really looking forward to that black mesa mod. That will be awesome. There's a trailer for it on youtube if you care to watch.

Here's the link. Not sure how to embed it on this board:

Edited by Gomo

May I ask why? I get it, it's really pretty looking, and it's kind of a neat concept...but I can't imagine anyone would want to play it longer than 10-15 minutes.

Basically because it is really pretty and I like the concept of it. I've read in reviews it's extremely short, but I think it's something I could come back to once in a while to kill an hour or so.

I actually played Halo 1 for the first time when it went on sale over the holidays on Xbox live. While I don't think it lived up to the hype it was still pretty impressive and had great multiplayer. I actually beat it on legendary last week but I hear number 2 is just a real bitch on that setting.

oblivion is awesome(aside from the people talking the same)

halo 1's campaign is epic and the multiplayer is the best of the 3 by far.

halo 2's campaign was alright(thought was just slightly more challenging, unless your playing solo then it's really tough) the multiplayer is a button masher and online was terrible.

I am trying to complete this last mission in GTA 4 and I have failed it literally about 10 times.

Fucking shit.

Ya, that last mission is brutal. It probably took me 20 tries to finish. Hitting the helicopter on your bike is really annoying.

p.s. just finished Eternal Sonata. Pretty good RPG. i'd give it a 8.5/10. Now im gonna start playing "Lost: Via Domus" for 360.

Ya, that last mission is brutal. It probably took me 20 tries to finish. Hitting the helicopter on your bike is really annoying.

p.s. just finished Eternal Sonata. Pretty good RPG. i'd give it a 8.5/10. Now im gonna start playing "Lost: Via Domus" for 360.

I strongly recommend that you skip Via Domus. It's terrible. It will make you think less of the show, it has absolutely no reveals (its not even canon), the voice acting is horrific, and its criminally short (beat it easily in less than 4 hours). Not only that, but the game consists of walking around and solving the EXACT same style of puzzle for the entire duration. Luckily I rented it.

I strongly recommend that you skip Via Domus. It's terrible. It will make you think less of the show, it has absolutely no reveals (its not even canon), the voice acting is horrific, and its criminally short (beat it easily in less than 4 hours). Not only that, but the game consists of walking around and solving the EXACT same style of puzzle for the entire duration. Luckily I rented it.

Well i bought for $9.99 so no loss there. Ya so far the puzzles are all these fuses i have to make work. And most of the voice actors are crappy ripoffs and not the real actors. But its still kinda cool for Lost fanatic like me.