Sign in to follow this  
Jane Belinda Smith

On Wednesday I Leave For Vancouver

If anyone has any questions about the new album, technical or otherwise, post here. I will do my best to get some answers, if Matthew will oblige. Bear in mind I know f*ck all about music, technically so, unless you delight in me looking a total idiot, keep it simple. ;)

Hope you have an amazing time in Vancouver Jane! It would be awesome if you posted pics from your journey ;)

Tell him to record Bad Pennies! lol

I know it's a lost cause, but +1

I'm always curious on who decides what album art to use/ does he create his own or get an artist?

Basically the process on how an album's art gets picked.

which ones he is recording. Also, what exactly is going on, are you just traveling to van and hoping you can get into the studio or did he request for you to come or what?

You should really read the forums and the news before posting.

She was the highest bidder in a charity auction that Miss604 started and we, amongst other bloggers, promo'd. The tracklist is up on our site as well.

if it's not much trouble, could you find out if he has any intentions to record kiera-anne?

Heyy good luck in Vancouver. I'm really jelous lol, that small goofy sample from Great Whales of the Sea has got me all excited.

I guess you should find out if there will be any b-sides.

Have an awesome time Jane!!! Ask him what the motivation was behind Comfortable Criminals.

Edited by bishopx

You should really read the forums and the news before posting.

She was the highest bidder in a charity auction that Miss604 started and we, amongst other bloggers, promo'd. The tracklist is up on our site as well.

Well i never heard of this auction either! Where is there a post about it?

Good luck jane have fun, should be a grand time!!

Thanks guys...I will write all the questions down, including the D&G underwear question, haha. Yep, first time to Vancouver though I've been to Canada many times before.

if you've got time and what not, maybe ask him about which musician he'd like to work with in the future.... canadian or otherwise. i think he and paul westerberg would make a good team.

I hope you have a wonderful time, Jane! And this is so thoughtful of you to see if anyone has questions for MG. ;) I second the question about how album art gets picked, but can't think of anything else. Enjoy yourself!

Matt's newest post sorta implies that there's only going to be 10 tracks on the album, maybe ask him the tracklisting for the album?

Have an awesome time Jane!!! Ask him what the motivation was behind Comfortable Criminals.

seconded and seconded.

i actually like that song better than A Long Way Down, 'cos of the lyrics and the way it's presented. always wondered why it was changed, though maybe he thought some people might interpret it as an attack on old acquaintances?

matt good and buckcherry's josh todd.

that would be awesome.

you're joking, right?