Computer

Songs You Would Like To Share

I like sending music to my friends, so why not do it here as well?

If you've got a song or two that people may not know about, then post it here using the tags so people can play it from this site!

Animal Collective's- My Girls

I really liked that. I think I've heard Animal Collective before and didn't really dig them, but that song rocked.

This topic should have a rule where you need to listen to the track posted before you, because otherwise it'll just be people posting and no one listening, which is stupid.

This song starts in at the 25 second mark. Owen - Skin and Bones (no, not me.)

I agree with prometheon on the must comment on the above posters song.

So, I've never head of Owen before, liked the song, nice and mellow. I'll defiantly check out more by them/him. The video is interesting. I liked the one effect when the left the first room, and the screen kinda went into blurry streaks.

My choice um, lets see.. The Ghost Bees - Sinai

I have a long story about this band, but it'd prob bore you. So the band, Canadian, east coaster's, great voices.. support.

since I don't know how to insert the video into the post >.<

Edited by ComaCanadian

This topic should have a rule where you need to listen to the track posted before you, because otherwise it'll just be people posting and no one listening, which is stupid.

i also like that idea, and i think that posting the song in youtube form should be mandatory, so there are no excuses.

EDIT: whoops forgot to comment on the song before me and post my own.

i don't mind that song, but they're aping joanna newsom so much that they really don't have a style of their own.

mine:

unwound - "scarlette"

Edited by borntohula

agreed, there is also a limit to one video per post

owen that song was cool,

coma, I clicked on that link even though you should have just tagged it, can't say I wish I clicked on it... but thanks for the submission anyway

No Age- Eraser

hula that video and song was pretty chill, I think a different vocal style might have worked better, just my opinion.

Edited by Computer

Borntohula: That song was interesting. I was literally like "this is cool, but it needs some vocals..." JUST as they came in. I wasn't a big fan of the overly distorted style though.

Ryan: Oh man, this song sounds SO familiar. The intro reminds me of uh....whatever that song's called that's like "all I wanna do is *BANG BANG BANG* *cock* *ching!* ...takin` money." I don't really like the vocals, they're just sort of "there."

The metal equivalent of easy listening. Sonata Arctica - Paid in Full:

Edited by Prometheon

You're thinking of Paper Planes by M.I.A., I see the resemblance.

I'm not a big fan of Sonita Artica, too lax for me I suppose when it comes to metal, if I want chill I'll switch over to some BSS or something.

I really like this combination of song and video...

It was decent, but mildly abrasive. The filming was well done, and I feel like the cuts were in good places. The whole gas mask thing is sort of lame, but whatever sells CDs, I guess...

Heh, whoever posts next till probably hate this. But give it a shot, it's sort of interesting, and the dude is actually pretty creative. It's mashup, which means there's a ton of different songs in here. If you hate a portion...wait about 30 seconds. See how many tunes you can recognize. Every girl who sees this apparently notices Ace of Bass, but I have no idea where.

Girl Talk - Still Here

Edited by Prometheon

I thoroughly enjoyed that song, Ryan. A little repetitive, but interesting enough to keep me listening. For some reason it reminded me of some of Pavement's more pop-y stuff.

This is probably one of my top 10 favourite songs ever. If it wasn't for stupid/werid humming in the middle, it'd probably be top 5. The breakdown at 3:37 just feels so right, hahaha. I hope whoever listens likes it:

Sondre Lerche - No One's Gonna Come

Edited by Prometheon

Sondre Lerche kicks ass. I prefer his mellow stuff to the power-pop thing he's doing, but it's still great. I had forgotten there was a video for No One's Gonna Come.

This is "Richman" by 3oh!3. It's awesome and if you listen to it, you can be awesome too.

Edited by darynalexander

The whole gas mask thing is sort of lame, but whatever sells CDs, I guess...

right, but it's not like you would know that he was singing through a gas mask when you were listening to the song on CD. visually you could consider it a gimmick, i guess, but it gives a unique sound, which is why i think he uses it.

Sondre Lerche kicks ass. I prefer his mellow stuff to the power-pop thing he's doing, but it's still great. I had forgotten there was a video for No One's Gonna Come.

This is "Richman" by 3oh!3. It's awesome and if you listen to it, you can be awesome too.

sondre lerche does kick ass. 3oh!3.... notsomuch. the rap bits are decent enough, but the unnecessary, autotuned chorus just kills it for me. sure they might be doing it ironically, but at the end of the day they're still singing in autotune. the guy singing sounds like the one from metro station or whoever that band is that has miley cyrus' brother in it (as in, "i can't sing for shit so i'm going to over-emphasize every single word so people know i'm serious"). also, the beats are tired and pretty lacklustre. also, dumb band name. i'm really not that negative of a person, but i seem to be getting stuck with responding to the music that's either unoriginal or just plain bad.

canadian. from guelph, in fact. i'm sure most of the canucks responding in here have heard of these guys, but i like this song quite a bit, so who cares.

EDIT: i could care less about the video. there's something about the end that i do like though.

Edited by borntohula

Mike (can I call you Mike?): That Constantines song rocks. Strangely, this girl and I burned CDs for each other, and this was the one Constantines song she chose as well. I wish there was a littl bit more in the dynamics department, but that's just me nitpicking.

Anton: Great tune, have you heard the ATROCIOUS "Swagger Like Us" remix thing? With Kanye and some other rappers (I think Lil Wayne)?

This is one of those bands that exist solely because of YouTube, but they're fabulous and you'll probably enjoy them. I recommend watching at least some of the video, as it's part of the overall effect:

Pomplamoose - Beat the Horse

Edited by Prometheon

that was pretty good.

it's a bit too "coffee shop" for me... like it's too safe sounding... but i'm not going to harp on that too much. with a name like "pamplamoose," they're going to be silly and irreverent, so i'm not going to take this too seriously. for something two people put together themselves, it's well done.

I like Belle and Sebastian, but for some reason I always confuse them with Tegan and Sarah. It's just so...happy.

I've been really into this band, and I hope Michael listens to it, cuz I think it's up his alley. It starts slow...wait for it. Around 1:40.

Venetian Snares - Integraation

Edited by Prometheon