Computer

Songs You Would Like To Share

not bad, but I wouldn't say he's the greatest song writer/ singer in the states...

String Quartet playing Raining Blood

I have the album, it's great, sounds like a horror film soundtrack.

Venetian Snares - Integraation

i've heard his stuff before, but never really got into it. i'm more surprised that you listen to it, because all i remember about your tastes is that you mentioned liking steely dan. but yes, cool song.

i honestly think he's the most talented singer/songwriter in the states right now:

he sure is talented.... probably one of my favourite musicians.. but i think his newest album is a bit weak. i still like it, but his older stuff is much stronger.

String Quartet playing Raining Blood

nice. i like tori amos' version of that song too.

this is marissa nadler (she's not actually in the video). her forth album came out this week. go buy it. so good.

Edited by borntohula

this is marissa nadler (she's not actually in the video). her forth album came out this week. go buy it. so good.

i liked her voice alot. i liked the spacey slide guitar, too.

sorry, computer for fucking up the rule of your thread. i hate it when people do that. this thread hangs my browser big time.

Edited by Some Random

really good song, but the emo video hijacked the angst train and is riding it to the f-bomb... metaphorically of course

so yeah, liked the song, the video not so much

I'm sure most of you have probably heard this song by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, but I recently discovered the video and have since rekindled my love for it.. one of the best videos I've seen in awhile, check out at 2:41... epic lol

Edited by Computer

first time i listened to Bon Iver was on Jools Holland on youtube....Skinny Love

it's one of the best albums (and songs) i've heard in a long time..

fail

gtfo of my thread

Edited by Computer

All of the Fever to Tell singles were brilliant, I thought.

first time i listened to Bon Iver was on Jools Holland on youtube....Skinny Love

it's one of the best albums (and songs) i've heard in a long time..

Haha Glasvegas is on that very show ! Thought he sounded pretty good on the night, and on second viewing haven't really changed my opinion.

I like the music, but I really hate that guy's voice and his dancing ;)

This is a band I've brought up before on the board called "The Hush Sound"

I actually never saw this video before, but it's an awesome stripped down version of a nice song called "Molasses" from their most recent album from 2008 called "goodbye blues".

Edited by Gomo

Nice pick Owen, but I rank that song as somewhere in the bottom half of the rest of the album.

Brody Dalle's new project... yeah I'm a little obsessed with her..

Edited by Computer

Not too impressed by that, tbh. I quite liked The Distillers, or a least a couple of their singles, but then I guess that's on first listen, there's every possibility I could warm to it.

I like the music, but I really hate that guy's voice and his dancing ;)

:angry: I thought I was the only one ! Every video of theirs is full of people unanimously praising his dancing while I'm sat there cringing...his voice is outstanding though !

You might wanna turn it down a tad if the sound bite is loud and clear, or it might put the shits up you when it kicks in.

Brody Dalle's new project... yeah I'm a little obsessed with her..

SAME.

Not too impressed by that, tbh. I quite liked The Distillers, or a least a couple of their singles, but then I guess that's on first listen, there's every possibility I could warm to it.

You might wanna turn it down a tad if the sound bite is loud and clear, or it might put the shits up you when it kicks in.

that's a pretty good song. sounds kinda like wire filtered through 90s brit-guitar rock.

here's my summer jam:

Edited by borntohula

Not bad! It started off a little abrasive to me, but once the vocals kicked in I really dug it.

Ryan: I really wasn't feeling that. the whole thing just seemed a little too "loud"/obnoxious

I really dig this band, and this song in particular. I'm trying to decide just how attractive the singer is. I mean, she's cute, but I think she's a few steps away from true hotness.

Michael, I really liked that song. Very garage rock sounding with a touch of electronica.

She's definitely cute owen, but I'd say many steps away from hotness.

The song itself is pretty chill, very mellow, I like it.

I feel like sharing a bunch of stuff. Mostly new Ministry, Japandroids, but I'm going to have to go with the new peaches album because I think everyone should hear it. It's a little weird unofficial video, but the song itself is really worth listening to.

Ryan: Very catchy and enjoyable song that kept me interested for the most part, though I think it's a little on the long side.

Shadow Mike: Sorry man, I couldn't get through it. It was very plodding and repetitive and didn't feel like it was going anywhere. Check the song Ryan posted for an example of something that moves around.

I made a topic for this band once and no one liked it, but I'm letting you all repent your sins and enjoy this great band. I really love the break at 1:31:

Edited by Prometheon