Computer

Songs You Would Like To Share

My friend from Alberta turned me on to Hey Ocean! I only really have one song by them though! "A Song About California"

It's awesome and so is the music video for it.

I would also describe the singer as extremely cute.

Edited by Gomo

Land of Talk: awesome indie band from Canada. This song is very chill, and they have a lot of easy listening type stuff along these lines, but they also have some rockin` upbeat tracks where the singer takes an extremely different vocal style (almost yelpy in places, but it's good.)

I just picked up both of their albums last night, so I'm not 100% sold yet, but my initial impression is that they rock. The reason I'm sharing such a laid-back song instead of something a little more exciting is just because it's the first song I heard, and the video is utterly gorgeous.

As for the No Age you posted, Ryan, I did really dig it, but not enough to want to explore their catalog. The vocals are a weak spot for me.

Edited by Prometheon

Land of Talk ARE great, and also excellent Waits performance, thanks for posting guys!

This is 'Loney dear', a certain level of musical genius from Sweden. This video is a tiny tip of the iceburg, from what is my favourite album of 2009, 'Dear John.' This is not what the whole album sounds like structurally, but it is a good indicator sonically. Also this is a 'single' version, so it's chopped down.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Actually here is another song from the album, 'Under A Silent Sea'

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Okay so simply pasting an embed code isn't working... what'd I miss?

Edited by c0micb0y

Thanks Ryan

Again, this is 'Loney dear', a certain level of musical genius from Sweden. This video is a tiny tip of the iceburg, from what is my favourite album of 2009, 'Dear John.' This is not what the whole album sounds like structurally, but it is a good indicator sonically. Also this is a 'single' version, so it's chopped down.

Actually here is another song from the album, 'Under A Silent Sea'. When the beat kicks in at 3:48... so good