sodamntired

The Official Hitler Thread

now the thread has a rascal flatts ad. looks like they're neo-nazi's in hiding. or at least members of the k k k (if i dont put spacing i get some guy hugging a kitten ;))

i recently watched the first part of a bbc documentary entitled the century of the self which does a great job in creating a linear connection to freud's theories and psychoanalysis to edward bernays (freud's nephew) and his pioneering of public relations and use of advertisements to sell people things they don't need, to the mob mentality of germans as a result of nazi propaganda, to the US' policies post WWII and how they are used to manufacture consent.

it's a really interesting film. i highly recommend it.

Edited by borntohula

I saw a very good film once that had an alternate reality if Hilter survived WW2 and it was him inside his underground bunker, commenting on Stallin and US Millitary. It was a good film.

IF anyone knows the title of this one, that would be appreciated.

No they did not capture every nazi...they are still hunting for them...even though at this point it's pretty much just to confirm their deaths. Hitler was a genius. Corporal Schickelgruber revitalized Germany...and if he had stopped there, there is no doubt he would have been one of the greatest statesmen of all time...however he didn't. He used the age old ploy of scapegoating to generate support...and then he and his minions succombed to greed in it's basest forms...a platform of nationalism built on hatred, and racial superiority. Did any of you know that, part of the induction process at the camps, was to strip the jews of even their dental work, so it could be sold for profit? Even the children? Yes, the information on medical experimentation was taken and studied, and a number of improvements came from it...hell the Russians even continued the experiments...the US used some of the same techniques as the basis for nuclear testing, syphillis studies on African Americans, and LSD studies...

I've read Mein Kampf, and I was greatly impressed with a lot of his ideas...but the concept of genocide and enslavement as a means to further one nation's ends...that's where the evil part comes in...

Yes the Holocaust happened...the graves, the eyewitness accounts, the testimony of camp guards and commandants, and doctors all bear it out. You in a way I'm impressed by the camp officers and commandants. During the Nuremburg trials, most of them testified that they gave the orders, and that the guards were only doing their sworn duty as soldiers, and faced harsh reprisal for not following them. The commanding officers at Guantanamo Bay couldn't even do that, after the incidents of a couple of years ago.

Hitler governed by fear...even German citizens were afraid...

Hitler was a genius.

i think that's a bit of an overstatement (and only because you don't really follow that comment up with any that support it). i think he was surrounded by a solid group of people who were willing to follow him, but who were also very intelligent in their own right. goebbels being a prime example, since his techniques of mass manipulation are de rigeur today.

Yes, the information on medical experimentation was taken and studied, and a number of improvements came from it...

not all, though. i'm fairly certain that some of the information has not been released. the only information we've got from those tests is what the doctors who administered them had published, which is still a significant amount, but not all.

i think that's a bit of an overstatement (and only because you don't really follow that comment up with any that support it). i think he was surrounded by a solid group of people who were willing to follow him, but who were also very intelligent in their own right. goebbels being a prime example, since his techniques of mass manipulation are de rigeur today.

not all, though. i'm fairly certain that some of the information has not been released. the only information we've got from those tests is what the doctors who administered them had published, which is still a significant amount, but not all.

As for his genius, it was in his ability to draw the right people to his side to further his aims...such as Goebbels and Himmler...

Of course not all. However, it was shown during the Nuremburg trials that they were highly efficient record keepers, and surprisingly a lot of it was preserved. Though of course not released for public consumption.

no doubt that Hitler was a genius. He took a country from the shits to near global domination for poops sake! But an evil genius, and beyond evil i would say that he was insane in some ways. If not insane, then at least some of his key ideas lacked much logic for such a smart man. I'm talking about his belief in the German Volk, the Aryan myth, the "master race" etc. I mean eugenics is also quite retarded.

Hitler's downfall was his overconfidence. If he didn't spread his forces into Russia, u wonder how far the Nazi's would have gone? Probably stopped by the U.S. A-bombs.