My sister is getting married this summer and asked if I could come up with some good music for the reception, dinner and dance. So i thought i would throw it out here and see what other idea's people can come up with. I will need the most help for the dance portion of the night, but some light background music for the reception and dinner would be nice too.

Slow Miles Davis, Cole Porter standards are good.

We're starting to put together our playlist...here are a few songs

David Gray - This year's love(our wedding song)

Verve - Lucky Man

Gavin Degraw - Let's Get It On

Ben Harper

A mixture of Acoustic and Live DMB

Some slow country and old soul

Every wedding I went to last summer played a lot of oldies, which was good to get people on the floor, but they all for some reason chose to play the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'" which probably not appropriate for a wedding, right?

Don't play that song.

Also, keep it upbeat. You shouldn't have to worry about any music for the dinner, people will just want to talk and visit.

For the dance part, keep in mind that people are attracted to songs they recognize (Rebel, Rebel or any Stones song get my parents dancing far too easily) so try to be accessible.