johnerwin

Into The Wild?

Shit was stirred, he got pissed off.

Happens at least once a year that some idiot pushes his button enough for him to flush everything. He should be back as he's never let those morons win as of yet.

what happened? Did he just get pissed off at what people were saying in the comments? I check the site around once per day but I don't read every single entry, or read the comments and I don't have a user account there.

I mean, I think the guy is a brilliant and extremely talented man. He puts himself out there so much and openly shares his positions on deeply political and religious issues, and lets people freely contact him. Thats great, but anyone who chooses to do that has to be prepared to get their fair share of critisism and ignorant comments. He only makes it worse I think when he gets upset about it. I don't know what happened recently, but I think Matt should just get past these things a bit and ignore the small percentage of negative feedback that he gets. If this is what he chooses to do he just has to accept that these things will happen.

I think to a certain extent he does let the morons win when he takes the site down, even temporarily.

He'll be back though.

Edited by Curtster

It wasn't a question of opinion but rather people thinking that they have the right to tell him what content his website should and should not have and people telling him that they pay for his records and that money pays for this website so therefore they can decide what go on there...

Every time this happens there are always some smart asses that have that exact same comment.

I don't think this is an issue of "putting yourself out there and not expecting the negative". We all put ourselves out there. But I think we are different. We have almost total control over the information about us we put out there. We can write our on version of our history. It's pretty rare that even with someone's real name you can actually turn up any data on the person. Mr. Good has a different position than us. You plug his name into the internet and you can find almost all of the details of his life. It is my understanding from his posts that he often gets emails that are very personal attacks. The kind of attacks that we shield ourselves from by not putting the information out there. I believe there is also a matter of personal pride too. Matt isn't closed about his opinions on subjects, and when people start posting comments on his website that stop being reasonable discourse and become hateful, then that detracts from his message. In the end we should just support that it is his right to run his website how he wants. I've never really got upset because he chose to stop posting, or because he turned of comments, or etc... because he doesn't have to do any of those things. He choses to, and we benefit... even if we don't agree.

Also, keep this thread clean...

I don't know why people feel the need to email him personal attacks. I know he is very opinionated and I'm sure a lot of the negative feedback he gets is politically motivated, but still nobody has the right to send personal attacks.

On the flip side, I've read comments to his articles every now and then that I didn't feel were hateful or personal attacks, but he threatened to delete them.

I dunno. Weird situation.

But as Crusader has just posted, maybe the downtime is just for a new design. Heh.

Edited by Gomo

ah i see, like i said I wasn't really aware of what the situation was, I haven't been on the site much in the last week or so. If he is just taking it down to make a new design and/or change up the comment system to make it better, thats awesome.

Of course he is under no obligation to do all the blogging that he does. I just think its kind of a shame if he lets idiots get to him and make him stop doing what he obviously enjoys.

...I think he might be going to Alaska to live off the land for a few months.

if i could live in cicely i would want to live in alaska too. i probably wouldn't live off the land though 'cause i'm way too fucking lazy for that shit.

i just want to have a beer with quirky locals and hurt myself as often as possible because rob morrow is really hot and i would totally want him to doctor me.

For some strange reason I feel somewhat jealous that he's in a relationship again. I know it's stupid, but there's a part of me that says, "hey Matt, I thought we had something going here, just me and you. Now you go ahead and get yourself a woman... I see how it is."

Pretty mental, I know.

Must be the man-crush.

For some strange reason I feel somewhat jealous that he's in a relationship again. I know it's stupid, but there's a part of me that says, "hey Matt, I thought we had something going here, just me and you. Now you go ahead and get yourself a woman... I see how it is."

Pretty mental, I know.

Must be the man-crush.

don't you have a girlfriend?

send her to bed, put on your headphones, and have a little alone time with mr good. it'll be very.

Pretty mental, I know.

Must be the man-crush.

Have some peter gabriel to cheer yourself up, Computer.

Aside from that, good for you, Matt. If you ever have the urge to blog about something again, you're always welcome to do that here.