Prometheon

Don't See Transformers 2 Or Year One

DON'T!

Two of the worst films I've ever seen. Yes, Transformers had some decent action, but it WASN'T WORTH IT. I legitimately found it insulting. I have never spent such a high percentage of a movie in this position: ;)

I saw it last night and I can say I enjoyed it (Transformers 2).

Remember what the target audience is, kids and man-children.

I personally tried to enjoy it on that level, and not look that much into it, or expect too much, beyond lots of transformers beating the shit out of each other.

Owen, don't take it too seriously, ne?

I had a few qualms with it...some racism..."car car binks"...some excessive potty-humour...but *shrug*

but there were transformers and lots of them. Mission accomplished.

If you remember how cheesy the original Transformers movie is (Hello, dancing around a fire with bad 80's music?), then I'm sure you can forgive that kind of shit. Remember, it's TRANSFORMERS. It ain't Schindler's List.

Fair enough, fair enough.

I just went into that film with terrible expectations, expecting to be at least a little bit pleasantly surprised, but it ended up being worse than I ever could have imagined.

Oddly enough, it's looking as if girls are liking this movie a lot more than guys, which I find exceptionally strange.

If you remember how cheesy the original Transformers movie is (Hello, dancing around a fire with bad 80's music?), then I'm sure you can forgive that kind of shit. Remember, it's TRANSFORMERS. It ain't Schindler's List.

Hey now, if you're talking about the seen on the planet of Junk in the original animated movie, then I just have to say that Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid" is not a bad 80's song! ;)

I just generally hate 80's music in general haha So the soundtrack was pure hell for me.

I also just saw the original cartoon movie for the first time on Monday. Kevin made me watch it.

My only qualm with Transformers 2 is that it needed Grimlock. He's my new favourite transformer. How can you not love a big fat T-Rex who says stuff like "Me Grimlock not kisser! Me Grimlock king!". Freakin' adorable.

Also, Hot Rod is kind of a douche.

Remember what the target audience is, kids and man-children.

I personally tried to enjoy it on that level, and not look that much into it, or expect too much, beyond lots of transformers beating the shit out of each other.

children and man-children everywhere thank you for your thoughtful condescension! haha

so let me get this straight, you have an on/off switch that you rely on when you're watching anything mindless?

Edited by borntohula

children and man-children everywhere thank you for your thoughtful condescension! haha

so let me get this straight, you have an on/off switch that you rely on when you're watching anything mindless?

Obviously! I listen to pop music, c'mon! XD

In all seriousness, it all goes back to my Fast Food way of thinking. Sometimes, you're not interested in nourishing your body with something healthy, you just want a quick fix of something that is exceedingly delicious due to the amount of salt/sugar/additives in it. As long as you don't do it too often, and you're always endeavoring to keep yourself healthy 75%-80% of the time, then I don't see harm in indulging once and awhile.

It's the same with summer movie blockbusters, pop music, and men.

Felicia Day

So I just google imaged her, and WOW. Yes please.

Edit: And on topic, one of the few good things about that movie is that they actually made Bumblebee pretty badass, rather than the biggest pussy in robot history like he usually is.

Edited by Prometheon

Guest apsham

Transformers 2 was fuckloads better than the first one, if only because you got to see a Transformer within the first hour. Fuck, I enjoyed it.. sure, it was mindless action and Shia LaBeouf is something that I can't stand.. but I came out of it feeling like I paid for an action movie and I got one.

Guest apsham

The guy I saw it with was seeing it for his fourth time. I haven't had that dedication since.. hm, Clerks 2. And that was mostly because I got in for free each time.