young37204

New Single

I'm so happy with the way this turned out. The demo had a little bridge that was really lacking, and now it's replaced with a beautiful chorus. Cannot wait for the album, it's going to be incredible.

love it...i'm curious just how butchered its going to get in a radio edit (i'm hoping not at all, but all of his other longer singles have been in the past)

As for the radio edit, the intro is only about 10 seconds or so, they don't change the "fuck or leave" line, just mute out fuck... and then it fades out during the piano at the end. From what I heard the only difference is the shortening of the beginning and end.

In all honesty I'm not liking what I'm hearing so far.

Last Parade, Silent Army and National Anthem... there all sounding over processed, repetitive boring drums, average lead guitars layered on top...

I'd rather pay for the demos so far.

Volcanoes and Empty's Theme Park better have kept their amazing-ness and not lost it to rock beats and lead riffs.

Edited by julianzz

While I'm still pissed the piano riff in the original finished demo was replaced by a guitar lick (and that the 3rd layer of piano during the verses has been muted almost completely out) I honestly think this is one of the best things he's ever written. And I do agree the drums are fairly simple but I don't think that's actually a bad thing given that they are much more pronounced and focused than they normally are (see Hospital Music). Overall I'd argue they serve the song while at the same time standing out quite uniquely (love those symbol crashes and the kick drum in the intro). Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Edited by daniel_v

I always thought he actually had musicians help record in studio? Or was this record literally recorded all in his basement? Does he master his own CD as well... if so, the man just got cooler... and I didn't even know that was possible.

I always thought he actually had musicians help record in studio? Or was this record literally recorded all in his basement? Does he master his own CD as well... if so, the man just got cooler... and I didn't even know that was possible.

the whole thing was recorded in studio. demos at home.

As for the radio edit, the intro is only about 10 seconds or so, they don't change the "fuck or leave" line, just mute out fuck... and then it fades out during the piano at the end. From what I heard the only difference is the shortening of the beginning and end.

They butchered it imo. After the first chorus the intro into the 2nd verse is also almost completely gone. They just have 1 or 2 rounds of the slow piano and then it inexplicably (and roughly I might add) jumps right into the verse.

Fucking hate radio edits.

Edited by daniel_v

The song's OK...the only thing I don't like is the little riff...actually, there's a lot of those useless lead riffs on his recent stuff

Last Parade: The redundant riff present throughout the song

The Vancouver National Anthem: The redundant riff present throughout the song

Odette: The lead acoustic at the beginning of the song srews up the feel of the song.

And so on...

The rest is fine though.

They butchered it imo. After the first chorus the intro into the 2nd verse is also almost completely gone. They just have 1 or 2 rounds of the slow piano and then it inexplicably (and roughly I might add) jumps right into the verse.

Fucking hate radio edits.

Yeah I realized that after I heard the radio edit more than once. It is an odd jump right into the chorus... ;)