Doormat

District 9

I don't know guys, I was unimpressed. As an action movie, it was fine, but the whole OMG! I'm turning into an alien! thing was insanely predictable.

The movie was good, but I feel like it wasn't what I thought I was getting into. The part of the trailer that made me want to see it was the alien negotiations where the people were all "how do your weapons work?" and the aliens were all "please just let us leave." That scene wasn't even in the final movie! I dunno, the reason I dislike DIstrict 9 is because I feel sort of mislead about the whole thing, which leaves me feeling disappointed.

Edited by Prometheon

Pay closer attention to trailers, and practically half of them include scenes that don't make the final cut. After he got sprayed with alien goo I was expecting a standard mysterious viral outbreak among the humans which didn't occur. If nothing else, it proves that you do not need A-list douchebags in a movie to make it great. District 9 with no one I've ever heard of? Fantastic. War of The Worlds remake with Tom Cruise? Bloody awful.

Winnar.

Edited by Sparq

I'm having problems deciding whether or not the Humans could understand the Aliens. I thought that Wikus started understanding them after he started the transformation. Maybe the prawns could understand the humans, but not vice versa, as the humans seemed to be totally ignoring their protests and such. Edited by Doormat

The film was produced for $30 million and the lead character had never done a professional gig before. I didn't watch any of the trailers so I went into the movie not knowing what to expect. It's a completely different take on aliens coming to Earth. Amazing movie.

Interesting movie, and well made for the money it had on hand, but it's kind of off putting that a movie about how terribly the slum-dwellers are treated seemed to pander to the worst white stereotypes of what poor non-whites are like. And had the standard White Hero Saves The Day ending.

Eh. It was solid, but I had hoped it'd have a bit more going on beneath the surface.