I think it's a bit different this time. There's a lack of the enthusiasm for Oasis portrayed in Noel's blogs from time to time, and his relationship has been frosty with Liam for ages (when's the last time they've had a laugh with each other ?). There's also the fact that Oasis as a band are getting on a bit now, and it's been a case of how many albums do they honestly have left in them ? Most Oasis fans I've seen have speculated around one or two. I think with Noel's interest in a solo album, and his fighting with Liam maybe they've bypassed the last two.

I've read a couple of things that say Liam smashed Noel's cherry ES-355 before the gig, and when Noel realised they ended up physically fighting - reported as the "altercation" - and cancelled the gig.

The last time they had a laugh together, as far as I know of course, is recording the "Lock The Box" DVD in 2006.

Otherwise, like it's been said before, Noel leaves, comes back, leaves, comes back. He's the emotional one.

Liam smashing a guitar? That's just nuts. He's an idiot sometimes and should really look into a rage control therapy. Seriously how many times has he attacked people?

Other than that, either it's actually the end of the band (Audio of Being: it doesn't say that on oasisinet.com) or Liam will try to go on with Gem and Andy (which will fail because the best songs are always Noel's) or Noel will come back and they'll keep on going and all of this will be an immense waiste of time.

if it is the 355, i could see why noel called it quits, from his blog...

Noel's 'Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere' (26/03/09)

Bought a guitar yesterday. A Gibson SG. It's a new one. A re-issue of the George model. Not the ACTUAL model, but near enough. Looks good. Plays good.

Talking of guitars, I'm getting a bit concerned about my main one. The big red one. It's suddenly started to sound a bit old and tired. And it will NOT stay in tune. It is nearly 50 years old though. Might have to stop using it for a while. Bit worried, to be honest. I'm quite literally fucked without it.

Edited by finboy

This isn't like the other times. I'm a member of their official site as well, have been for a long time.

Noel is done. He's going to be making a solo album, i'm sure of it. He's just had it with Liam this time around, went too far.

First off, they should never sign in to a long-dated tour... doesn't make any sense for them as a band to do so. They know after a while they can't stand being in the same room with eachother, so why push it?

Liam still hasn't made a statement to the fans about Oasis... if he will continue at all or not but he has started writing material on his own with mates as well... see "man of misery" from his new clothing line. Supposedly he told a waiter in France that Oasis were done though... so who knows really?

Noel was also saying earlier in the year that they were going to take about a 5 year break anyways... so this obviously just pushed him too far.

Can't wait though, if Noel does end up doing solo material... maybe we'll finally get to hear a good version of Record Machine (he talked about a 10+ minute version of it w/ 3 guitar solo's and such at one point) and Stop the Clocks. You know he's been saving up tunes this whole time.

Edited by here is no why

I can see Noel being a great solo artist. He has stated he has a lot of good/great music, but Liam was picky, and would do things his way, and not listen. While the band has gone through this before I believe Noel is done for good. Liam has annoyed Noel far to much. For example MTV Unplugged.

Oasis have been my fav band for ages and I really don't know what to think. My gut tells me Liam will carry on without Noel, since Oasis is "his" band as he puts it finishing Oasis cause just Noel left would too much for his ego. I read an article somewhere in the web and the author said that a Oasis touring jukebox makes sense for everyone, everyone keeps making money, Noel moves on to do his own things, and Liam gets to do whatever he wants. Truly though, only time will tell, it's happened before (2000 was really bad too, Noel actually walked off the tour and Oasis kept playing without him) so who knows.

It's also forgotten that Noel was going to take a 5 year break anyways, at least he wanted to, after this tour.

So, i don't think the band is over completley, it will just be a few years before we hear of the reunion and tour to follow. They will make a lot more money by taking time off and coming back into the stream in a few years with a huge reunion tour.

It's also forgotten that Noel was going to take a 5 year break anyways, at least he wanted to, after this tour.

So, i don't think the band is over completley, it will just be a few years before we hear of the reunion and tour to follow. They will make a lot more money by taking time off and coming back into the stream in a few years with a huge reunion tour.

yes but think of it this way: they're his songs (the better ones, anyway). what's to stop him from touring again, but as noel gallagher & band? he can play all the hits, much to the fans delight, without having to contend with numbskull and the revolving doors. oasis haven't been a band in the conventional sense of the word for quite a long time. they've been trying to feign it lately by letting the other ones write songs, but those were easily the weakest tracks on dig out your soul]/i].