sodamntired

Fall Tour 2009 (merged)

And it looks like a lot of the venues are doing some kind of "Golden Circle" seating for $54.50. (It's posted on Massey Hall's website, so they're doing it, too - hopefully, it's not the entire floor.)

BTW - Buffalonians should keep that Hamilton show in mind, too. Maybe not the same cachet as Massey Hall, but I really dug that venue when I went last year.

BTW - Buffalonians should keep that Hamilton show in mind, too. Maybe not the same cachet as Massey Hall, but I really dug that venue when I went last year.

How big is the venue in Hamilton, and the only reason I chose Toronto, since it is exam week, I can do a Friday show since there is no exams on weekend.

Golden Circle is offered here in Calgary as well. I assume it's the first few rows of the Orchestra section.

I opted against it. I've seen matt so many times i fail to see the added value. Though a first timer may.

I agree. I've seen Matt over 50 times. I did the up-front-so-close-I-could-almost-touch-him thing a few times, and then it got boring. I'd much rather find a decent seat where I can still see at a distance, and relax and enjoy the music. Though the up-close thing did at one time have its appeal:)

How big is the venue in Hamilton, and the only reason I chose Toronto, since it is exam week, I can do a Friday show since there is no exams on weekend.

I think it's physically bigger than Massey Hall, but it has fewer seats (still more than 2000). It's built like an opera house and is much more open. The seats are bigger, too. (The upper balcony seat I had at Massey in 2007 was not particularly comfortable - the rows are really close together, at least in the balcony. I'm a relatively small guy, and I was hating it at times. Still an amazing show.)

As far as shows go, Matt's shows at Massey generally have a "special" vibe - he knows the history of the venue, and he seems to play to it. Therefore, a betting man would say that the Massey show will probably be more "special" (especially if it ends up being the last show of the tour). But there's also going to be way more competition for Massey tickets, especially at the on-sale. I had fourth row at the Hamilton show last year without much effort. Plus, getting to Massey (parking, etc) is (comparatively) a pain in the ass.

I guess what I'm saying - if you can make Massey, make Massey. But the Hamilton show would be a shorter drive (from Buffalo), easier to get to, and more comfortable (and probably closer) seats. At least worth considering.

Should I go with ticketmaster or live nation?

The presale stuff is just nonsense. It's so hard to track what's actually being sold.

For example, it's not out of the realm of possiblity that Live Nation could be a selling a different and/or better pool of seats. It's possible that both TM and LN are only selling certain sections in the presale - ie, none of the great ones. I came in late to the presale for the 2007 Massey show, and came away with a second-row upper balcony seat. That would have been great had people not scored fifth and sixth row floor seats the next day in the regular on-sale.

The presales feel a little bit like gambling. Try the TM presale - if you don't get something good, try the LN presale - if you don't get something good, try the Friday on-sale. The hard part is figuring out what "good" is.

I've seen the majority of Winnipeg shows over the last 6-7 years, and am now living in Vancouver. Kind of hesitating to buy tickets since the best that came up was row O or something. How many times do I need to see Apparitions and Hello Time Bomb live from 100 feet away while sitting?

Mother Mother is very tempting though...

Heh I had class at 9:30 this morning so I brought my laptop and bought tickets to the Vancouver show during while my professor was lecturing.

Exactly the same thing I did on wednesday. Of course i didn't know the livenation password just yet, so i spent 15mins trying to dig it up. All-in-all I missed about 20mins of lecture time.