sodamntired

Fall Tour 2009 (merged)

Anyone have any info on whether he'll keep adding dates? He almost ALWAYS plays a show in Vernon BC, but there isn't one listed. I can't really afford the 50$ for the ticket, PLUS gas to Vancouver and back on a weeknight! ;)

It's not out of the question, but I don't think it's likely. The best chance for a show like that to happen was in the gap left by the cancellation of the Kelowna show, but they've since filled that gap with a show in Cranbrook.

For anyone who's been procrastinating - they just added a second Massey Hall show (Saturday the 19th). Tickets already on sale.

Edit: Might as well mention that they also filled in the gap before the Saskatoon show with a second Calgary show.

Edited by uglyredhonda

got front row centre in Kingtson! livenation.ca wouldn't let me buy tickets at 10am when selling started for some reason, so i called the venue and got sweet tickets, i think i was like the 2nd person to buy tickets there lol.

Also got 4th row centre Orchestra in Ottawa. sucks there won't be 2nd show in Ottawa. Matt didn't leave much if any room between dates this tour to add second shows or even rest, odd.

So I got gallery tickets for Massey Hall for the Friday, front row too, but then again is way up there. But then when the second show was added I got RCF row E so that's like 5th row. I don't think I will be going to both of them so if anyone's interested in tickets for one of the shows please let me know.

For anyone who's been procrastinating - they just added a second Massey Hall show (Saturday the 19th). Tickets already on sale.

Edit: Might as well mention that they also filled in the gap before the Saskatoon show with a second Calgary show.

That would be a lot more doable for me...

hmm...

This changes everything.

I was saying this afternoon that the second Calgary show would be the first Cowtown show I'll miss in over 10 years, all due to finances. My boyfriend said I couldn't break the record. So we're going, and sitting WAY up in the upper-most balcony (row A), and I won't have to miss it after all. I feel loved, but I can't help but wonder if he's an enabler of this addiction I have. >;)

So I got gallery tickets for Massey Hall for the Friday, front row too, but then again is way up there. But then when the second show was added I got RCF row E so that's like 5th row. I don't think I will be going to both of them so if anyone's interested in tickets for one of the shows please let me know.

So I bought a ticket the minute they went on sale (the presale) for the first show, and got row L. I come home tonight to see there's a second show added, and figure, why not.

And I get the exact same seat. and you have first AND 5th row. damn.

So I bought a ticket the minute they went on sale (the presale) for the first show, and got row L. I come home tonight to see there's a second show added, and figure, why not.

And I get the exact same seat. and you have first AND 5th row. damn.

Yea, the friday ones I didn't get get till like 15 minutes after they went on sale to the general public (no presale or anything) and the 5th row ones I got them about half hour after they went on sale

I won tickets to the Winnipeg show and am on the floor for the first Vancouver show. I am going to the second show there too, but am just waiting on a buddy to get the tickets. I would of went to the Massey Hall show as well, when I planned to visit my best friend, who goes to Ryerson, but it is a little too close to X-mas for my liking.

Just saw 4 tickets for Massey Hall on ebay for $615.25 (third row centre right)...that seems ridiculously high..$153.81 each!

I paid $511.00 for 8 tickets third row at the NAC in Ottawa...$63.88 each

Wondering if someone would be willing to pay that much for it. I know the Massey Hall show will be great (I saw the full band there last year when he recorded and it was awesome) but that still seems way too high..over $90 more?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but, has MG been playing sit down shows the last couple of years? Does that effect anyone's enjoyment of the show? He's not iron madien or anything but seeing a concert sitting down seems dull.

The few times i've seen him were GA shows, and great.

I agree. The acoustic shows I went to were both at venues that had general admission standing room area right by the state with very limited seating off to the sides. I saw the Smashing Pumpkins last year in a big cathedral with seats and that was pretty lame.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but, has MG been playing sit down shows the last couple of years? Does that effect anyone's enjoyment of the show? He's not iron madien or anything but seeing a concert sitting down seems dull.

The few times i've seen him were GA shows, and great.

The shows I saw in 2007 (St. Catharines, Massey) and 2008 (Kitchener, Hamilton) were all sit down, and were all fantastic. The solo acoustic sets really work sitting down, especially when Matt's feeling chatty. People stood up at the full-band shows when the moment called for it, so being seated didn't bother me. (Plus, I'm old, so the lure of standing for an hour and a half has waned a bit - though I still love it at full-on rock shows.)