sodamntired

Fall Tour 2009 (merged)

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but, has MG been playing sit down shows the last couple of years? Does that effect anyone's enjoyment of the show? He's not iron madien or anything but seeing a concert sitting down seems dull.

The few times i've seen him were GA shows, and great.

The acoustic shows were amazing, and no need to stand. But i didn't plan on sitting down for the new tour. If everyone sits down i'll be PO'd.

I saw him in Nanaimo on the last tour... everyone stayed sitting, some people did stand up for Giant at the start of the encore. I'll be at the 2nd show in Vancouver this time, it would be nice if people would stand up and get into it, but whatever happens it's not a big deal to me. I would think it would be more likely to be standing on this tour, I think the songs on Vancouver lend themselves more to that than Hospital Music.

I'm in the front row for the show I have tickets to. Does that put the pressure on me to stand up, to get everyone behind to follow? I will have to time the standing up properly. Perhaps jumping up and down in the middle of She's In It For The Money is not as appropriate as waiting for a more up-tempo number. ;)

I'm actually hesitating at the purchase page... Remember back in the day when you could get into a show for $30 bucks all in? Maybe I should take the 100 bucks and take my girlfriend out for a nice dinner and a movie rather than making her listen to Apparitions live again... hahah.

EDIT: I think it's cool that he's playing Abbotsford though, nice to see that he's purposely acknowledging the lower Fraser Valley even though it's only a 50 minute drive from the show in Van.

Edited by Emu

Hey:

I have four extra seats to the November 10 Vancouver show (Nov 11 is a holiday). (My son and I both bought tickets at the same time by mistake). I would rather sale them at $50 each to fans rather than the ticket reseller who is trying to buy them. They are hard tickets with receipt and can be picked up in Coquitlam or New Westminster or?

They are located in Row M (about 10 rows back because a few rows are missing) on the left side of the orchestra really close to the aisle. These are great seats. Buy 2 or all four.

Thanks!

As you can guess, Matt Good is a local hero here is Coquitlam. We (parents) have bee listening since the SFU concert days and our two teens (one a musician himself) have been strongly influence Matthew's music and blogging.

I'm row AA of the Abbey Arts centre. Can't find a seating map, though. Is AA behind A?

The seating charts I found only note rows A through S. Some places have temporary seating - rows AA through EE (for example) - in front of A. There's a chance you might have front row.

Edited by uglyredhonda

Hi all, I really hope people can help me with this.

I'm from Ireland, and will FINALLY be travelling across the pond to see MG live this Fall. Firstly, I just found out that our Semester One exams, that are usually after Christmas, are during the whole of December, so that pretty much rules out that month for me. I'm on work experience for the end of October and start of November, so I've come to the decision that the best time I can fly is really 22nd November-29th November [give or take]. So, that means I've the following shows to choose from:

Barrie, ON: Georgian College

London, ON: Centennial Hall

North Bay, ON: Capitol Theatre

Parry Sound, ON: Charles Stockey Centre

Kingston, ON: K-Rock Centre

I've checked the websites, but obviously venues are going to try and sell themselves to you. I was wondering if anyone has attended a show here before, be this to see MG or another artist? I want to see at least two shows if I can [money, money], but I'm really at a loss as to what the best bets are in terms of the venues.

If anyone could point in the right direction, you'd be doing me a fantastic favour. Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by oneeighty

I'm from Ireland, and will FINALLY be travelling across the pond to see MG live this Fall. Firstly, I just found out that our Semester One exams, that are usually after Christmas, are during the whole of December, so that pretty much rules out that month for me. I'm on work experience for the end of October and start of November, so I've come to the decision that the best time I can fly is really 22nd November-29th November [give or take]. So, that means I've the following shows to choose from:

I've checked the websites, but obviously venues are going to try and sell themselves to you. I was wondering if anyone has attended a show here before, be this to see MG or another artist? I want to see at least two shows if I can [money, money], but I'm really at a loss as to what the best bets are in terms of the venues.

If anyone could point in the right direction, you'd be doing me a fantastic favour. Thanks in advance ;)

Ok, if you wanna see 2 shows your options are a bit limited. Your best choices would probably be Barrie and North Bay/ Parry sound, since they're in the same are. North Bay is about 2 hours from Barrie and Parry Sound is about 1 hour from Barrie. I guess you could do Barrie and London but the 2 cities are about 4 hours apart. I would rule out Kingston its further away from all the other places. About tickets you can try ticketmaster but I'm pretty sure not all the venues have them listed on ticketmaster. I got tickets for Barrie and I actually had to get one of my friends who goes to Georgian College to go in and get them since there's really no other way, as regards to your last question, I've never seen Matt Good at any of those venues, but I'm sure they'll fine.

Ok, if you wanna see 2 shows your options are a bit limited. Your best choices would probably be Barrie and North Bay/ Parry sound, since they're in the same are. North Bay is about 2 hours from Barrie and Parry Sound is about 1 hour from Barrie. I guess you could do Barrie and London but the 2 cities are about 4 hours apart. I would rule out Kingston its further away from all the other places. About tickets you can try ticketmaster but I'm pretty sure not all the venues have them listed on ticketmaster. I got tickets for Barrie and I actually had to get one of my friends who goes to Georgian College to go in and get them since there's really no other way, as regards to your last question, I've never seen Matt Good at any of those venues, but I'm sure they'll fine.

Alex,

Thanks a million for your help. I have a friend in London who I met here over the summer, so I'd have no problem making the journey across if it needs to be done. I'll probably rule out Georgian College if the only way to get tickets is to know someone who goes there.

I'll be flying home from Toronto on the 29th, and Kingston only seems to be about three hours away, so I'd have no problem making the journey, either driving or using some sort of public transport.

Thanks again ;)

I heard Matt comment that he would "probably be touring in the middle of America" while the Olympics are being held in Vancouver...so I'm hoping that he's not just making a joke and that he's actually going to do a US tour. That's why I've pretty much held off on buying tix to one of the Toronto shows.

I heard Matt comment that he would "probably be touring in the middle of America" while the Olympics are being held in Vancouver...so I'm hoping that he's not just making a joke and that he's actually going to do a US tour. That's why I've pretty much held off on buying tix to one of the Toronto shows.

Really? if I had to only drive an hour or two I might go, even if faced with the prospect of sitting down like some 45 year old man at a billy joel concert. Not driving 5 hours to TO to do it.

Wow you want to fly to Toronto and then drive 2-3 hours to see MG play! you sir are a viking!

I would suggest trying to rework your schedule and spend time in TO and see MG play there. I'd hate to have come across the world, and get to TO and then it be snowing, and have to spend a ton of time plodding around southern ontario!