The Resistance is amazing. It took me a while to get into Uprising but once I got the cd I loved it. Best cd of the year so far for me (Backspacer a close second) Matthew Bellamy is a genius. Never thought it could have gotten better than Absolution. Maybe it didn't but I find them quite different so can't really compare them.

It's hard to believe a band which released Origin of Symmetry could sink to the depths of Black Holes & Revelations, but the Queen rip-off was an embarassment, especially as a lead single. Uprising's a lot better, but only to the point of BH&R-standard.

About time I give up on Muse, but if there ever comes a day when they do a Showbiz or OOS live date, I'll sell my soul to be there, as they're an awesome live act and they were two of the best albums this past decade.

Reviews = people who think and know all about music (which they do), but don't let music critics sway your thinking.

I really appreciate the fact that reviews are not strictly written by 'professional critics' these days. They're blogged out more often by people like you and me, folks who love music and review albums because they've been affected by the work (and not to get paid). Know your 'critic,' and trust them accordingly is how I roll.

Also, I don't like Muse since (half of) Absolution. They bore and embarrass themselves to me at this point. Too bad! I'm happy to have seen them three times while they toured Absolution, on a small sidestage, a mid-sized club and the huge Glastonbury festival. They were fucking jaw-dropping brilliant performers.

i dont like it. if you thought old muse was a bit over the top, wait until you hear this.

it actually comes off as being cheesy...that's how pretentious it is.

I agree. I think I've listened to a few tracks off of it, and I just can't listen to the rest. His voice is getting even more whiney than usual. I loved Absolution when it came out, but this album is crap.

It is a wonderful album. Because a band changes musical styles people think they "sellout", and therefore no longer enjoy them. I don't find the album whiny this is one of the best albums 2009. Its new, its fresh, and who cares if it is queen like, this is my 2nd favorite album after Absolution.