taking things a bit too serious are we?

the album is alright, jerry shines. but it doesn't hold a candle to anything with layne.

since layne's not involved with it, it shouldn't.

i don't really think i'm taking anything too seriously. my first internet home is the alice in chains board. i've been reading shit like this for months and i'm tired of it. it's disappointing to hear such a stupid statement from a person who is normally so intelligent. seeing that phrase repeated gets old. it's not like the band had a choice in the matter. layne's dead. unless he's suddenly morphed into tupac, i'm pretty sure he's not physically ABLE to perform on this record - and i'd think that fans would be more accepting of the other THREE members of the band continuing to make music. it's not like the quality has decreased - it's just not the SAME. and since it's not physically POSSIBLE for it to BE the same i will never understand why a fan would just decide to abandon interest in them. the rest of the band didn't suddenly become a bunch of talentless hacks once layne died. it's not any less relevant because he's not on it. it's just different. maybe if SATURNINE would stop swinging from trent reznor's sweaty ballbag and give it a fucking listen instead of crossing his arms and wrinkling his little nose at it, he'd fucking like that shit.

and i'm seeing them friday. i'm going to axe jerry cantrell to show me his penis and also let me touch it. *sigh*

Edited by mrs jesus

what.

yeah, jerry's guitar playing is a joke. that's why he's so highly regarded by his peers. that's why he's influenced over half the shit you hear on rock radio today. get the fuck out of this thread. christ.

I'm not saying he's a bad guitarist, I'm just saying the guitar on this track is bad. Everyone has their missteps.. Anyway, after further listening, I think the vocals are worse than I originally thought. Ok they're not bad, but they are definitely not good.

It's all subjective anyway so there's no point in getting so pissed.

Edited by IamNick

I'm not saying he's a bad guitarist, I'm just saying the guitar on this track is bad. Everyone has their missteps.. Anyway, after further listening, I think the vocals are worse than I originally thought. Ok they're not bad, but they are definitely not good.

It's all subjective anyway so there's no point in getting so pissed.

'it's all subjective anyway' is the cry of the person who is running their mouth just to run it and clearly can't back up what it is they are running it about.

please explain to me how the guitar is 'bad'. please explain to me how the vocals are 'definitely not good'. really. i'm interested in hearing this. go ahead.

Well I already said why I don't like the guitar. It feels like it's being stretched out unnecessarily and it doesn't stop, it's very annoying. Not annoying like a guy sitting there tapping his foot non-stop while you're trying to read a book or something, it's more like you're lying in bed trying to fall asleep and you can't, thinking "grr I know this is going to end eventually, why can't it just end now...". That's the same reaction I have to the guitar in that song.

The vocals are not bad, but they don't do really do anything for me because they sound too generic, they are not very distinct. I can't honestly say that I enjoy them. I have only heard the one song off the album though, so I'm not going to write off the guitar or vocals based on one track.

But why do I need to justify my tastes? It's like getting mad at me because I'm right-handed, or hate tomatoes. That's just the way I am, I can't explain to you why I don't like the way tomatoes taste, I just don't.

What? I'm not allowed to have opinions?

you're absolutely allowed to have an opinion. but there's a big difference in 'definitely not good' and 'not very distinct'. say what you mean, mean what you say, etc. if you're gonna bust out with some lame ass shit like 'the guitar sounds bad lol' and 'the vocals are definitely not good rotfl' when you're talking about MY band - you best be ready to back that shit up, cause i am most certainly gonna question you.

i'm sure jerry would agree with you that his vocals aren't 'distinct'. he's a guitarist first and foremost, not a frontman. and i'm pretty sure he'd be the first to tell you that.

I want to die. So....this works. ;)

take your emo bullshit to a thread not dedicated to my seattle rock bois plz. thx.

i would be fucking awesome at that shit. but it would require listening to so much crap, and you can't possibly comprehend how lazy and unmotivated i am. as soon as i felt like i was REQUIRED to critique something, i'd lose all interest in it.

Well I think I have a solution....I think a review thread would be awesome, then you review what you like...and if anyone reviews something that you don't agree with, or anyone doesn't agree with for that matter they can counter it.