First of all, i love this band. Their first album really impressed me.

So I get an e mail today and they sent me a track from their new album called CONTRA.

The song is called "Horchata" i will put a link up to download if people would like it. It's great. Still have that VW sound, like on a beach. The producer really brought out the instruments a lot better than the production on the first album. Still a lot going on in the music though. Really is impressive what these guys are doing.

Got tickets to their gig on Thursday at the Horseshoe in Toronto. Should be great.

Cannot wait for the new album, due out in January.

Any other fans on here? Favourite songs and such?

Edited by here is no why

I'm not really liking this tune. Hope the rest of the album doesn't follow suit. Have a great time at the concert though, I tried to get tickets but it was such a hush event I didn't know about it until it was too late.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you've never heard paul simon's music or the talking heads. i'll throw peter gabriel in there too, for good measure.

I hear that in there for sure.

It sounds made for the mall music, I'm sure i'd hear that if I sat in abercrombie long enough.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you've never heard paul simon's music or the talking heads. i'll throw peter gabriel in there too, for good measure.

i've listened to everything you've mentioned.

means fuck all to me, i like this band.

i also really like oasis music... but we haven't got the time to list all the "influences" in that music.

who cares what they sound like, just enjoy the tunes.

vampire weekend are hit or miss for me. mostly miss.

there are a few songs on the new album i love, though.

giving up the gun/cousins are both excellent.