Computer

Soooo Obama Won A Nobel Peace Prize?

Obviousy for accomplishing so much in 8 months and following through on promises, like getting rid of the "Don't ask don't tell" policy with homosexuals in the military, and withdrawing troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, and closing git-mo... oh wait...

It's not that shocking, it's like Obama is Nickelback at the Juno's.

I think I may have died, and been re-animated on that nickelback comment. Too funny.

I'm not surprised he won it. I'm not worried about the accomplishments as much as I appreciative of the efforts. Change takes time, and anyone who expected all that shit to be done this early in the game is a momo. Let's just hope he lives up to it.

I think it is a great thing for him to win, and yes it may just be a little fast for this to happen. I feel strongly on this though. He did speak to the Muslim world, to try and see things not just our way, but their way. Doing so just leads to more open doors for the Middle East Peace process.

I think I may have died, and been re-animated on that nickelback comment. Too funny.

Change takes time, and anyone who expected all that shit to be done this early in the game is a momo.

yes, but as far as i can tell, the nobel peace prize isn't really going anywhere, so i don't really see the harm in them waiting until the man has done something that we can actually sit back and say 'wow' at. i'm definitely a fan of positive reinforcement, but awarding him at this point really does feel cheap, like an oscar. sure, he might deserve it for putting forth some effort, but he's not even put a dent into things yet. i really think he should consider giving it back. that would show some grace on his part. this, to me, has echoes of:

bush-mission574x315.jpg

Obama winning is bullshit. As MG & others have pointed out in the media, the nominations for the Prize ended only 10 days after Obama was inaugurated. What the hell did he do before that which was so worthy?

I applaud his speeches to the Muslim world, like his Cairo speech. His admissions of past U.S. offenses against them is unprecedented for a U.S. President.

However, most of the things he was said so far is just that: talk. Talk is cheap, especially in politics. He must back up his talk with actions. In Iraq, Gitmo, Afghanistan, Pakistan. He has a ton of work that isn't close to completion. In my opinion, they should have waited another year or 2 or 3 to see if he is worthy of this prize.

There are many others who are more deserving of this prize than Obama. Unfortunately you don't have their posters hanging on your wall. My freaking dentist goes to third world countries during his vacation time, sets up a little area with a few other dentists, and spends all day working on poor people's teeth for free.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

waiting for him to catch Bin Laden.

tick tock tick tock.

I want to see how Limbaugh will spin it.

*takes a few pills*

"George W. Bush caught him first, but Dictator Bin-Hitler was too buzy talk to his Femi-nazis to do anything about it."

and back to the topic, I think Obama is doing a very good job, talking to the Muslims, having most of the world not hate America.

He's not GW.

Edited by sodamntired

same old, same old, I hate America, I support terrorists, yawn.

http://nobamazone.com/ http://www.foxnews.com http://www.visionrevisited.com/Obama-New-W...CFR4eDQodlWTFiw

and I guess Obama is like Hitler, he is leading the new world order, will cancel your health insurance and force you to pay for other peoples healtg care, and kill your grandmother more yawning.

Edited by sodamntired

Remember Bono was given this also a few years back. What has he done?

Massive awareness promotion and activism about poverty and third-world debt relief. I'd imagaine he's donated a fair share on his own riches too.

I went to a U2 concert in 2002. He announced to the crowd that there were petitions for debt relief available to be signed on the arena concourses.

Yeah, but if he were actually motivated he'd have also announced that a portion of the ticket sales were going to that same cause...

Anyway, the Obama Nobel win. Aside from the "talking to Muslims" business, the one thing that Obama has done to help world peace is to foster more open dialog with Russia and scrap the missile defense bases in Eastern Europe. Not enough for a Nobel win in my books, but it is something beyond talk...

It's not that shocking, it's like Obama is Nickelback at the Juno's.

that is a perfect analogy. he's perpetuating the same idiotic idealogy every other president in his family has (yeah look it up, i meant every word i just said - cousins don't always share last names, but as gwb and prince charles demonstrate, they can share facial features)