NationofCool

Misheard MG[B] Lyrics..

Yeah, i thought "Paradox" too.

I've got one that's not really misheard, but misinterpeted. On I Miss New Wave, the part that goes "and hearing the scratches on my longplays" i thought Matt was referring to something in soccer, a play of some kind, but then i snapped out of my stupidity and realized it was hisses and such from LP's, i can be stupid sometimes:D

In Advertising on Police Cars I thought "to reconstruct some of your bones" was "to reconstruct the song of your bones" and in Running For Home I thought "the ghost of your pleasure in contempt" was "the ghost you're pleasuring content".

Edited by Devil On Rollerskates

In Advertising on Police Cars I thought "to reconstruct some of your bones" was "to reconstruct the song of your bones".

Forgot about that. Me too!

you mean its NOT "Song of your bones?" oh man that kinda killed a little part of the song for me ;) lol

Jenni's Song: I also misheard "I've seen red" for "A Secret". Also, when he said "I love you, buried alive" I thought it was "I love you very much".

Suburbia: I thought "Hell's coming with me" was "Who's coming with me".

Load me Up: I thought "And they're comedians" was "and they're chameleons".

Anti-Pop: I thought "Give them blood and they'll love you for it" was "Give them bud and they'll love you for it".

In a World Called Catastrophe: I thought "since then I'm a dog" was "since then I'm a doll".

Pledge of Allegiance: I thought "This is a commercial" was "The sea's a commercial".

There's probably a bunch more...I seem to have a lot, but none of them are really that funny.

Anti-pop:

I heard "Gotta laugh at life on TV. 2 in 3 stays, one must go. Long enough to start the boogie..." instead of, "Got a life from life on TV. Two eyes that stay in my skull. Long enough to start belive."

Advertising on Police Cars:

I heard "To reconstruct the song of your bones" instead of "to reconstruct some of your bones".

Radio Bomb:

I heard: "so you can do the dirty in the middle of the night..." instead of "so you can hear the day in the middle of the night".

Anti-pop:

I heard "Gotta laugh at life on TV. 2 in 3 stays, one must go. Long enough to start the boogie..." instead of, "Got a life from life on TV. Two eyes that stay in my skull. Long enough to start belive."

Haha, look at that. By reading this thread, I found another one.

I always thought he said "Not enough to stop this from me".

Damn Audio of Being booklets without lyrics ;)

Advertising on Police Cars:

I heard "To reconstruct the song of your bones" instead of "to reconstruct some of your bones".

I was always confused about that line.

I thought it was "to reconstruct the SUM of your bones"

I SWEAR HE SAYS 'THE'!!!!

Symbolistic White Walls:

I heard "I have a sidekick.. she says im lovely.. she says the sight of me is turning her o-on.."

Actual Lyrics: "I have a psychic.. she says im lonely.. she says inside of me is turning out all wrong"

haha.. i liked my version better lol.

For the record, it IS "to reconstruct the SONG of your bones" not *to reconstruct some of your bones"

And did anyone else notice.. in the "a pleasurable headache" booklet.. that Apparitions is listed as track 2 and everything is automatic is track 3 from underdogs?? *it goes deep 6, app, eia, moosicb...and so on*

For the record, it IS "to reconstruct the SONG of your bones" not *to reconstruct some of your bones"

Oh, good. I thought it was "some of your bones" because both this site and disorientation have it written down that way. And I don't have the "pleasurable headache" booklet, so I couldn't check that.

Running For Home - "so low for how high it's too late too die"  (so low for how high it's too late tonight)

I never heard any of these other ones, but I would have bet money he said "its too late to die"

hah well, learn something new every day

Edited by fantasticsteve