Black Helicopter

A Single Explosion

Weapon

Apparitions

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

Empty's Theme Park

Edited by AnOceanPearl

Thanks for getting that to us so quick. I saw the twitter. Lucky, lucky...as much as I loved the show I was at (2nd night in Vancouver), I *really* wanted to hear Silent Army/Helicopter back to back like that. I bet it was incredible. I really hope somebody got a stellar recording (video or audio) of that.

I don't think anyone will as Security started cracking down on anyone looking like they were recording around The Boy Who Could Explode. A few of us up front got warned pretty sternly and they just hovered after that.

I did manage to get Matt's first rant and Avalanche recorded on my camera. I would have liked to get his whole ripping on Ozzy speech when the bassist went to the bathroom.

The staff at the Jack Singer are always super anal like that. I had a similar problem when Matt did the Solo tour. I had a security person hovering around my section for the second half of the show. Same issue when Hawksley Workman played the venue.

The Ozzie rant was priceless however. Didn't think i would have ever expected to see Matt attempt that impression.

I won't be able to seed the November 14, 2009 Edmonton show in FLAC until later this evening, but for those who are interested in lossy bootlegs I uploaded the show to my me.com account.

[hide_me]The ZIP is 154MB and can be downloaded here: http://files.me.com/gursky/ziq03u. Not sure if there is a transfer limit so if it goes down I'd appreciate it if someone let me know (so I can put it back up) or if they would mirror it somewhere else that would be swell.[/hide_me]

Anyway, here is the information from the show...

Matthew Good

Shaw Conference Center

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

November 14, 2009

Recorder: Sean Gursky ([email protected])

Gear: SP-CMC-2 (AT831) > SPSB-1 - Bass rolloff at 107Hz > JB3

Transfer: JB3 (wav @ 44.1) > USB 2.0

Editing: Audacity Amplify > Har Bal 2.0 EQ > Goldwave Track Split

Encoding: WAV to --alt-preset standard VBR MP3 (CDex with Lame 1.30)

Setlist:

01. The Boy Who Could Explode [06:28]

02. Great Whales of the Sea [04:43]

03. The Vancouver National Anthem [07:30]

04. Last Parade [05:38]

05. 'Don't take offense' [02:02]

06. Load Me Up [06:24]

07. 'Pirate and ninja story' [04:32]

08. Avalanche [09:11]

09. Odette [03:23]

10. 'A little Michael Buble break' [02:25]

11. A Single Explosion [03:06]

12. Born Losers [05:10]

13. Weapon [06:03]

14. 'You got thrown out during a polka' [03:04]

15. Apparitions [05:43]

16. Empty's Theme Park (fire alarm false start) [02:24]

17. Empty's Theme Park [09:33]

18. Encore Break [02:11]

19. Strange Days (acoustic) [04:23]

20. Giant [06:28]

21. Volcanoes [05:02]

22. Everything is Automatic [04:36]

This has also been posted in the NF Lounge.

EDIT: The URL of the FLAC torrent will be posted here when it is seeded.

During the acoustic tour at the Jack, I was sitting in center orchestra, basically on the aisle of my row, and recorded a lot with a video camera and wasn't harrassed at all. My girlfriend was told to put her camera away during Mother Mother's set last night, but when Matt hit the stage, she took pictures no problem.

I think this ranks up there among the best performances, despite a couple instances of forgotten lyrics. The band was tight, the arrangement of the Vancouver material worked well for a four-piece (especially Empty's Theme Park!), and it was great to hear A Single Explosion, which is one of my favorite songs. Matt's banter was hilarious, as usual, and they all seemed like they were having a lot of fun on stage. I think one thing that many people don't mention/realize, is that Matt is fantastic at pacing with his setlists, which really helps to draw you into the show. Can't wait to go back on Wednesday.

I won't be able to seed the November 14, 2009 Edmonton show in FLAC until later this evening, but for those who are interested in lossy bootlegs I uploaded the show to my me.com account.

[ Hidden part. View original post. ]

Anyway, here is the information from the show...

Matthew Good

Shaw Conference Center

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

November 14, 2009

Recorder: Sean Gursky ([email protected])

Gear: SP-CMC-2 (AT831) > SPSB-1 - Bass rolloff at 107Hz > JB3

Transfer: JB3 (wav @ 44.1) > USB 2.0

Editing: Audacity Amplify > Har Bal 2.0 EQ > Goldwave Track Split

Encoding: WAV to --alt-preset standard VBR MP3 (CDex with Lame 1.30)

Setlist:

01. The Boy Who Could Explode [06:28]

02. Great Whales of the Sea [04:43]

03. The Vancouver National Anthem [07:30]

04. Last Parade [05:38]

05. 'Don't take offense' [02:02]

06. Load Me Up [06:24]

07. 'Pirate and ninja story' [04:32]

08. Avalanche [09:11]

09. Odette [03:23]

10. 'A little Michael Buble break' [02:25]

11. A Single Explosion [03:06]

12. Born Losers [05:10]

13. Weapon [06:03]

14. 'You got thrown out during a polka' [03:04]

15. Apparitions [05:43]

16. Empty's Theme Park (fire alarm false start) [02:24]

17. Empty's Theme Park [09:33]

18. Encore Break [02:11]

19. Strange Days (acoustic) [04:23]

20. Giant [06:28]

21. Volcanoes [05:02]

22. Everything is Automatic [04:36]

This has also been posted in the NF Lounge.

EDIT: The URL of the FLAC torrent will be posted here when it is seeded.

Thanks, you rock! ;)

pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between the version up and FLAC?

Namely it's quality. This site gives a quick rundown of the difference, or you can learn more here. I'm a trader so I share in FLAC, but I understand some fans just want MP3 so I decided to save them the step. Anyway...I don't want to pull this thread off topic by talking about lossless vs. lossy.

Sorry about the previous link confusion, I have re-uploaded the file and hopefully this one lasts a little longer.

[hide_me]The download link for the 154MB .ZIP is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fsj66m. If this happens again I will upload the file to another location.[/hide_me]

Edited by gursky

Thank you sir, that is flippin' sweet quality for a bootleg. I'm not much of an audiophile but I will be 1) waiting to listen to the new stuff live until I'm there in person and 2) when I do it will be in FLAC. Thanks a ton, love the banter.

I've uploaded Matt's rants from the Nov. 15th show in Calgary. The quality is lackluster at best, but beggars can't be choosers (I recorded with my iPod). I had a nosey friend who played with the settings and thus ruined the recording of the show, but the rants survived okay. Anyway, a couple of people have mentioned interest in hearing the rant about Ozzy, so voila:

[hide_me]http://www.sendspace.com/file/awjjbq[/hide_me]

PM me if there are any problems.

Edited by Crusader

I won't take the download since I am going to a show, and want to be surprised by how the band and Matt sounds this time around.

That's a great idea.

I watched the live U2 youtube concert, and that ruined it for me when I went to U2's 360 degree concert in Vancouver. I wasn't surprised, because I had seen it before on youtube.

When Matt asked the question "how many dogs do the Osbournes have", did the drummer answer "17" with Sharon Osbourne's English accent? If he did, he sounded exactly like her; he's pretty good. That was hilarious!!

That's a great idea.

I watched the live U2 youtube concert, and that ruined it for me when I went to U2's 360 degree concert in Vancouver. I wasn't surprised, because I had seen it before on youtube.

When Matt asked the question "how many dogs do the Osbournes have", did the drummer answer "17" with Sharon Osbourne's English accent? If he did, he sounded exactly like her; he's pretty good. That was hilarious!!

yea i was wondering who the hell said that and everyone looked at the drummer

To be fair, you can't compare U2 and MG as far as hearing a concert before going in person: Matt is still shuffling his sets a lot more than U2 at the end of that tour... as a fan, I was really disappointed when the last half dozen shows had the exact same setlist on that leg of the tour.

Red Deer Set

Born Losers

Fought to Fight It

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales of the Sea

Alert Status Red

Load Me Up

Hello Time Bomb

Last Parade

Silent Army in the Trees

Weapon

Apparitions