here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

To be fair, you can't compare U2 and MG as far as hearing a concert before going in person: Matt is still shuffling his sets a lot more than U2 at the end of that tour... as a fan, I was really disappointed when the last half dozen shows had the exact same setlist on that leg of the tour.

Yeah, you're right. MG probably shuffles his sets a lot more. Can't wait until tomorrow! Matt's interaction with the audience and his band at Sunday's concert was the most entertaining stuff I've seen out of all the MG concerts I've been to so far. Looking forward to more..

Well it would be tough with that percussion used in the song. What is it, metal sheets or something? An incredible song though. I was lucky enough to hear Prime Time Deliverance on his acoustic tour. It was a nice surprise, for my first Matt Good show!

The drums in that song are actually the Timpani (kettle drums) as far as I can.

Probably one of the VSO parts seeing as how it's Avalanche.

if you saw the avalanche tour at all, you saw near fantastica, and it was awesome. i think the avalanche shows were my favorite i've seen matt do ever. near fantastica, to me is also perhaps the best song i've seen him do live. it's definitely top 5. workers sing a song is way way up there too for favorite songs i've seen him do. I love matt's performances with consistency, but what i wouldn't give to see him do vermillion, man of action, or sort of a protest live. i'd pay 100$ if he just played those three songs.

Haha Vermillion, man I used to call that out for the first 2 years I started seeing MG shows ('98). Even brought a sign once, had an awkward back-and-forth from the floor with matt at one show regarding it, but it never happened. Goddammit.

Realistically we don't really have a shot at convincing him to play anything out of the ordinary at shows, even if half the audience was yelling it. Him and the band learn 15-20 songs for the tour, and then go with them. You might have a chance at having a different song played than was originally planned, as long as he has played it before on the tour. But otherwise, we are out of luck!

But I am very pleased with the songs he has played so far. There has been a good mix. If I could take in 2 or 3 shows I would, to get a few extra songs in.

But unfortunately, asking for White Walls isn't going to get it played if they haven't rehearsed it!

The Vancouver National Anthem

Great Whales of the Sea

The Boy Who Could Explode

Alert Status Red

Odette

Weapon

Born Losers

Load Me Up

A Silent Army in the Trees

Last Parade (replaced Blue Skies Over Bad Lands)

Apparitions

Giant

Volcanoes

Us Remains Impossible

Empty's Theme Park

did you get the setlist? is that how you knew it replaced it?

looks like a solid show.

I did get the setlist, yes.

In terms of starting times, I think it really depends on the venues. I'm sure a lot of places he's playing this tour are like Massey Hall, which is a union hall, where if you play past a certain time, you have to pay huge overtime fees. In Calgary, Mother Mother started at 7:30, played until 8:05ish, then Matt started around 8:30 and played for about two hours.

i really like the idea of volcanoes being a first song... be it of the show or encore.

i think more dates will follow, he's going to take it through the states than back again through canada.

for the love of god, man of action, please jebus.

Edited by here is no why