8) Last Parade

9) Apparitions

10) Weapon

11) Volcanos

Encore:

12) Giant

13) Us Remains Impossible

14) Empty's Theme Park

Good show, Black Helicopter wasn't the best I'ev ever seen it and I like the album version of Empty's Theme Park better.

I am going to start this by saying that I think Matt is an amazing song writter and that will never change, but the "comment" on this site and the latest article are really getting to me.

"On top of that, there are further demands that the show be in excess of two and a half hours in length and include a myriad of different obscure tracks. I

We should just be happy we even have the chance to see him perform, whatever he performs. Who cares if he doesn't play that song you really wanted to see. These setlists have been getting posted here since the beginning of the tour so if you read them it is pretty obvious what to expect at the show, yet somehow you are all still disappointed. Matt is entitled to play whatever he wants, it's his gift to us, and if we aren't going to appreciate it for what it is he may as well stop touring and then we'll really be crying for more. I was at the Dawson Creek show, which was fantastic. No, it wasn't my "dream setlist," but who cares? We all have songs we like that others probably don't. You can't possibly placate to everyone, especially in a bullshit one horse town in the middle of fuckin nowhere where there were likely very few hardcore fans. Someone posted on Matt's facebook fan page wall that they were disappointed that there was no Alabama Motel Room or Hello Time Bomb at that show. Are you fucking kidding me? Should have went to a show ten years ago, but I guess you didn't so get over it.

Edited by rebellious_L

I am going to start this by saying that I think Matt is an amazing song writter and that will never change, but the "comment" on this site and the latest article are really getting to me.

"On top of that, there are further demands that the show be in excess of two and a half hours in length and include a myriad of different obscure tracks. I

Looks like a good show for Winnipeg. Can't wait to see him in a month or so...

the only thing i'm going to say about that whole post on his site is that yes, yes i would pay $70 bucks to see him play those rarities. you can go out to a bar with friends and easily drop 60 bucks, of course i'd spend $70 to see Matt play some songs we'd never normally get to hear.

I dont care what venue i see Matt at, he's always amazing. I don't care what songs he plays (yes, online, i like to say what songs i'd like to hear him do), it's always great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone know more details on this live taping in Toronto on December 13th? That sounds really promising for finally having dvd quality footage of Matt!

This I also found interesting. I was at both Calgary shows and they were good. No issues. But Matt and his agents are booking rock shows into theaters and wondering why there is no crowd interaction? When you book a venue were you are told by security to sit down? Matt I would have rather gone to Mac Hall and would have been happy to be apart of the "atmosphere" but in that venue you are not giving fans a chance.

The funny thing is that as I write this I am watching PJ on Austin City Limits and even on a show that would be seen by an audience of many casual fans they still break out album tracks only the hard core fans would ever know.

Yeah, at the Calgary #2 show, I saw a crowd of people congregating in the front of the stage on the right-hand side. I thought this type of behaviour at a concert would be highly encouraged, but then everyone left all of a sudden. Maybe security told them to go back to their seats. That was kind of weird. I've never seen that before.

pearl jam have sold millions of albums, and don't have to hire a band every time they go out, apples to oranges comparison.

Agreed. If Matt had the kind of success internationally that PJ has, we'd probably see longer shows and more "obscure" tracks, and for a reasonable amount of money. As Matt said in his post, "What

You know, discussing dream setlists and what you're dying to hear live is one thing, it's being a fan who is enthused about the music. Having said that, some of the people here have sounded like over-entitled asshats over the course of this tour. I am slightly embarrassed to be part of the fan community when I read some of the posts here.

Like someone in this thread said, you've seen enough of the setlists by now to have a good idea of what Matt might play. If you're that disappointed, sell your tickets to someone who would appreciate the opportunity to see Matt live and stfu. Seriously, this is getting old and makes so many people sound like brats because they didn't get the exact brand of MG they wanted on a given night... he isn't a puppet, he's someone who created these songs and as such, he should be allowed to play them in any way he sees fit. No one is putting a gun to people's heads to go to these shows so I don't understand why so many are still going despite never being satisfied.

BTW... I can understand why security asked those people to sit down in Calgary... it wasn't a general admission show was it? You people buy the tickets... and you see those seat numbers on them? That's where you *gasp!* sit at! How dare security enforce this, I know... and furthermore, I doubt Matt was even aware of this happening... and even if he was? Those people shouldn't have been there in the first place!

And the whole thing about Matt apparently insulting people's intelligence by saying he'd need $70 a ticket for 2 1/2 hour shows: How can you compare a somewhat successful Canadian artist to an internationally-successful band? That's just assinine... PJ has the money to record every show and a different infrastructure... They also play bigger venues which gives them more profit and the ability to have cheaper ticket prices. Matt is obviously a successful musician in Canada but if you think that means he can put on shows like PJ for the same cost, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Seriously people, some of you need to step back and give your heads a shake.

People take this too seriously. Who cares if they discuss what songs they'd like to hear live?

As long as you still respect the show and the fact that he's still playing live music for us, that's the reason we're all here. No matter what, he gives 100% every single time he hits the stage. I for one cannot wait until I get to see him next month.

Vedder: You said it. I am all for the standing at the shows. It gets the crowd into it.

Matt, if you're reading this:

I've seen a lot of shows at Massey Hall, and for the most part, everyone is seated for the entire show. The energy from the audience is very low, and the shows are always great, but if you'd like to feed off the energy of the crowd, tell them to "get the fuck up" or something, right when you come on.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it works. Nobody wants to be the first guy that stands up and wonders if he's annoying the guys behind him. If you address it, everyone will feel a lot more comfortable with letting loose just a tad. This is what Death Cab for Cutie has done, and the rest of the evening was very interactive and it was clear everyone in the building was enjoying themselves.

I know you're not the one who books the venue, but it is true that in a theater, you're more than likely going to have about zero energy from the crowd unless they're given a little bit more freedom to express themselves during the show.

Honestly, think about it. It could make your stay on the stage a lot more exciting.

I was totally annoyed with the drunken buffoons at the last Calgary show. Given his comment about the Saskatoon show, it sounds like it didn't get any better which is unfortunate because it's likely in the future he'll skip Saskatchewan all together (I can hardly blame him).

As for those that attempted to rush the stage during the encore of the second show in Calgary, I was sitting in row B and there were two security guys sending people back to their seats... which kind of ironic because I was also at the Red Deer show where half of the back part of the theatre rushed the stage and no one was asked to return to their seats.

I knew that I was not going to be guaranteed the some songs that I wanted to hear, that is why I bought tickets to all four shows in Alberta. I would do it again in a heart beat. If he started charging $70 a ticket I'd do the same damn thing, because I am a fan of his music. He stated during both the Red Deer show and the second Calgary show that he was only half there... wow if he was only half there I can't imagine how awesome it'd be if he was all there!!

I hope that the rest of the tour goes without a hitch and for those that have tickets for the upcoming shows and are a big fan like I am I think you'll leave impressed... I still can't get Empty's Theme Park out of my head and would pay $70 just to see that performance again!

If Matt wants people to stand up, he should just say so. I don't want to be the first guy to stand up and have the people me yelling at me.

I was at an Our Lady Peace concert once and their lead singer just outright told people in the 3rd or 4th song to stand up, and wouldn't play the next song until they did.

Well, I will say that it's a good sign that the level of complaining has died down a whole lot. I just went back and re-read this whole thread, and the first few pages before that stellar-2nd-night-in-Vancouver setlist were pretty nasty. Most of those people are gone from the discussion, I've noticed.

Add me to the list of people who, while having at least a couple of "wishlist" items, will go see Matt play whatever, whenever, whereever, and love it. (Oh, and obsessively track EVERY SINGLE UPLOAD from the shows on youtube like religion ;) )

Edited by umdesch4

Speaking of which is there a full verison of Empty's Theme Park on Youtube??

Pretty close:

It's actually great picture and sound quality too...from the first Calgary show.

Cheers!

PS. See this thread for updates as new videos come in:

http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index....showtopic=13354

...or just take a look at this playlist, which is being updated every time I find new ones:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6C44E92C3871BCD5

PPS. Besides youtube videos, page 13 of this thread has links to a really good boot from the Edmonton show, which has another great rendition of Empty's. I've been listening to that a lot lately.

Edited by umdesch4

I was totally annoyed with the drunken buffoons at the last Calgary show. Given his comment about the Saskatoon show, it sounds like it didn't get any better which is unfortunate because it's likely in the future he'll skip Saskatchewan all together (I can hardly blame him).

As for those that attempted to rush the stage during the encore of the second show in Calgary, I was sitting in row B and there were two security guys sending people back to their seats... which kind of ironic because I was also at the Red Deer show where half of the back part of the theatre rushed the stage and no one was asked to return to their seats.

I knew that I was not going to be guaranteed the some songs that I wanted to hear, that is why I bought tickets to all four shows in Alberta. I would do it again in a heart beat. If he started charging $70 a ticket I'd do the same damn thing, because I am a fan of his music. He stated during both the Red Deer show and the second Calgary show that he was only half there... wow if he was only half there I can't imagine how awesome it'd be if he was all there!!

I hope that the rest of the tour goes without a hitch and for those that have tickets for the upcoming shows and are a big fan like I am I think you'll leave impressed... I still can't get Empty's Theme Park out of my head and would pay $70 just to see that performance again!

I was sitting in row A for the second Calgary show, 3 seats in from the aisle, so I was witness to the security telling people to go back to their seats, even though when people rushed the stage during the encore at the first Calgary show they didn't give a fuck. I didn't really notice any drunken buffoons, other than the usual "play this!"

I just think that if someone is disappointed about something they spend money on and voices that opinion that they shouldn't be told to shut up (as I've seen people say or allude to in this thread).

That said, I live in America and haven't had a chance to go to any of these shows so I really haven't had a part in this epic drama...thankfully. Of course the negative side of that is...I haven't had a chance to go to the shows! Hopefully there are indeed some U.S. dates.

Edited by Gomo

I just think that if someone is disappointed about something they spend money on and voices that opinion that they shouldn't be told to shut up (as I've seen people say or allude to in this thread).

i agree with this. there seems to be a fine line.

in Thunder Bay tonight... setlist could be posted in less than a couple hours i'd guess.

Edited by here is no why

I just think it's funny that fans of a man who is constantly in the media and on his blog about his right to have an opinion are apparently not allowed to voice their own. I have seen Matt play over fifty times. Some of the shows have left me feeling euphoric, with goosebumps on my arms as I leave the venue vibrating with excitement. Others haven't been so great, but I still enjoy them enough to purchase tickets to the next show that comes around. I also buy multiple copies of albums and tour swag. If that isn't evidence of support, I don't know what is. Like everyone has been saying, we have "dream" set lists. Some of us would happily pay in excess of $100 to hear that type of show. Some wouldn't. However, I said it before when he played Virgin Fest and I was dissapointed with the set list: I had an opinion, and if I can't voice that opinion in this forum with fellow fans that I would hope understand, where can I? Just because you don't agree with what I have to say doesn't mean I need to "shut up" about it. We all visit this place to chat about Matt's music, the shows, collecting merch, and the entire experience as fans. I can agree that some of the earlier posts in this thread were excessively bitter, but if you like Director X, and his movies A, B, and C....but you are dissapointed with movie D, do you have to keep your mouth shut over it?

The tour is what it is. These guys sound great together, and I hope they can continue to work together in the future and further experiment with the sound. They are working hard and not everyone can be satisfied. That doesn't mean we cant discuss and properly "review" the show. Good or bad.