here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

Maybe you don't want to see those song, but I would love to see them. Like I explained I would love to see Load Me Up with how they are playing on this tour. Please don't speak for everyone next time.

It'd be cool it they did LMU like they did a few years ago, like how they slowed down HTB in the last chorus, but I don't see that happening this tour

Load Me Up is still great live. It probably got the biggest reaction from the crowd at the show I was at, so I definitly see why it's still a staple of Matt's set. For a big chunk of people at the shows, it's probably their first time seeing Matt live, so they want to hear the hits. At my first MG show last year, I wanted to hear songs like Load Me Up, HTB and Apparitions, and was glad he played them.

I can see why he isn't playing HTB that often though, it's really not overly impressive live, I think it's just because it doesn't translate well live.

How'd you meet him?

Is the rest of the band meeting people or what? I heard earlier that Mother Mother was..

Mother Mother is signing stuff at the merch booth after their sets. After the second Calgary show, I went to see if Matt was going to sign stuff, and Blake and Milos were outside hanging out, so I had a chat with them.

Load Me Up is still great live. It probably got the biggest reaction from the crowd at the show I was at, so I definitly see why it's still a staple of Matt's set. For a big chunk of people at the shows, it's probably their first time seeing Matt live, so they want to hear the hits. At my first MG show last year, I wanted to hear songs like Load Me Up, HTB and Apparitions, and was glad he played them.

I can see why he isn't playing HTB that often though, it's really not overly impressive live, I think it's just because it doesn't translate well live.

I don't mind HTB live. There are tons of other songs that I'd rather hear, but HTB still sounds good live, though I do miss the extended version from a few years back, but alas, no sense in pining over it.

Hey all,

Well, after eight years of being a fan in Ireland, I've arrived in Toronto, and am going to tomorrow's show in London, as well as Friday's show in Parry Sound. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to finally get the chance to see Matt Good in concert, but if anyone's around at either show and wants to talk about the man himself, I'll be a ready converser!

Since I'm travelling around, I won't be able to get the setlists up right away, so hopefully others see to that. I will post reviews when I get home and calm down enough to string sentences together. Anyway, if there are people going to either show and you want a beer [or eight] afterwards, I'll be hanging around ;)

Cheers,

- Corm

are there more then 1 audio recording out now? I wish we could start an audio thread just like the video you tube one we have. I am going to be recording the hamilton and massey hall shows Possiblly London too.

Are you the dude who usually records Hamilton and London shows? I remember the recordings from those shows were fantastic on the Put Out Your Lights Tour if so. Please record London, being blind, I really can't and would love a recording since I'll be there too.

Just got back from the show in Barrie, let me say it was fucking amazing. Well, for starters, sorry to all the fans out there, but I really couldn't stand Mother Mother, but that's a whole other discussion, anyways... The band was fucking bang on every song and I he only played 5 songs off Vancouver, probably the lowest he's played this tour but I wasn't a bit dissapointed, I got to hear an amazing fucking setlist, best one this tour in my opinion, a great encore, and yea, Matt seemed to be having a lot of fun... didn't talk much but you could see it in his face, anyways the setlist was:

The Boy Who Could Explode

Load Me Up

Great Whales Of The Sea

Hello Time Bomb

(Hello Time Bomb rant)

Born Losers

Us Remains Impossible

Last Parade

I'm A Window

Odette

Empty's Theme Park

Apparitions

Weapon

-ENCORE-

Giant

Alert Status Red

Everything Is Automatic

Highlights for me were Load Me Up, everyone was completely into it, I'm A Window, man he rocked the shit out of that, same as Weapon, Giant was amazing (as usual) and Everything Is Automatic, great closer. Off Vancouver, I was impressed how well The Boy Who Could Explode works to start the show, Last Parade was great and so was Us Remains Impossible.

Maybe you don't want to see those song, but I would love to see them. Like I explained I would love to see Load Me Up with how they are playing on this tour. Please don't speak for everyone next time.

I think I have my finger on the pulse of everyone, so I am more than qualified

London Setlist: the first 4 are in the right order, as is the encore, but it's a bit muddy in the middle)

Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Boy Who Could Explode

Load Me Up

Great Whales of the Sea

Hello Time Bomb

Volcanoes

Us Remains Impossible

Born Losers

It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Last Parade

Empty's Theme Park

There was a little banter, but I couldn't make most of it out. The crowd was filled with the typical people screaming "whoooooo' at every quiet opportunity, so maybe that's why he wasn't as chatty. Also this one woman in a purple mini dress kept running up to the front of the stage and taking pictures, yelling something at matt, and asking the people in the front row to take a picture of her in front of him. It was really irritating and I'm surprised he didn't say anything. Other than that, it was solid show.

So, what was the rant about exactly?

He was talking about how he wanted to kick off the show in a really upbeat way, so he decided he'd throw load me up and timebomb right at the beginning, and was talking about how everyone liked timebomb, and then he asked everyone that was 22 and under to raise their hands (at least half the audience did) and then he kept going about how they were like 11 when that song came out... something along those lines from what I can remember

He was talking about how he wanted to kick off the show in a really upbeat way, so he decided he'd throw load me up and timebomb right at the beginning, and was talking about how everyone liked timebomb, and then he asked everyone that was 22 and under to raise their hands (at least half the audience did) and then he kept going about how they were like 11 when that song came out... something along those lines from what I can remember

Yes, you seem to be remembering very accurately ;)

Thanks!

It's a momentous occasion. For those keeping track at home, the London show is over. That means that Matt has now played 17 shows on the tour, and if you include the "Free Toronto Show" on December 13th, he has 17 more to go.

Just felt it worth pointing out. BTW, since that playlist from the youtube thread has 70 videos in it as of tonight, and we're only halfway through, I'm wondering just how many videos youtube allows you to put into a playlist. Should I be creating a second one for the 2nd half of the tour or something?

Edited by umdesch4