here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

I was at the Nanaimo show a few weeks ago. I can't remember the entire list, but I think this was it

Silent Army Through the Trees

Volcanos

Born Losers

Great Whales of the Sea

The Boy Who Could Explode

Us Remains Impossible

Volcanoes

Vancouver National Anthem

Empty's Theme Park

Last Parade

On Nights Like Tonight

Load Me Up

Apparitions

Weapon

ENCORE:

Giant

Fought to Fight It

Everything is Automatic

I no that th eorder is wrong, but the encore is right. I was a tad disappointed. I could have done without Load Me Up, but it was nice to see Automatic in there. I would have loved some more older stuff. I would have loved to have seen more stuff from Hospital Music like A Single Explosion and 99% of Us is Failure. Would ahve been real cool if he played SWW or something real old school, but what can you do.

Guys,

I missed the fucking show. This story is probably the most depressing story I've ever had to tell.

We left London this morning bright and early to get back to Toronto for 1pm get another bus to get to Parry Sound. When we arrived in Toronto, I found out that the guy who'd I spoken to on the phone had wrongly told me that there was a 1pm bus to Parry Sound. So I figured we'd just wait around for the next one. When I enquired as to when that would be, I was told not until 8pm this evening. So that was out.

I flagged down a cab and asked him how much he'd do the trip to Parry Sound for. He told me he'd drop to $400 and no lower. I tried phoning the credit card company back home to raise my limit so I could take the cab, but the number rang out. So I didn't have that much money to spend for a taxi.

Next we went back to the station and I asked about car rentals. We got directions to some place, and rushed up a couple of blocks in the lashing rain. Managed to get the car and insurance all in for $120, which wasn't bad for a 21-year-old who drives on the opposite side of the road. So I got directions from the guy at the car rental, who said it was pretty straight-forward and I shouldn't need a map, and we headed off on the trip. I think we left about 5pm, which was really cutting it fine. Anyway, basically, after we got out of town, we were told to go on the 401 West and then the 400 North. The problem was, I wasn't clear as to when I'd exit the 401 for the 400, but I figured once I was on the 401, I'd be okay. One of two things happened:

1. The guy gave us wrong directions, and we should have gone 401 East.

2. I missed the turn-off.

It doesn't matter which. The point is, at 8pm, I'd driven for nearly three hours [traffic downtown was terrible] and was on the 401, still frantically looking for the 400 exit. So I finally found a turn-off to a gas station, and asked, pleaded, begged that the guy tell me we were going the right way. We weren't. In fact, he told us that it'd probably take six or seven hours to get to Parry Sound from where we'd ended up.

Now, I'm in a hotel in Mississauga, trying to remember if I've ever felt so miserable and defeated in my life. Matthew Good personally replied to me eMail yesterday and told me that he would meet me after the show. Maybe that doesn't sound like a huge deal to some of you that have met him before, but I nearly collapsed when I opened the eMail this morning. Seeing him live in London was absolutely outstanding and worth every penny and the years of waiting, but if I could have seen him tonight, in the front row, and then meet him after the show would have been one of the greatest moments of my life. No exaggeration.

I'm totally fucked. We're flying home on Sunday morning, so tomorrow night's show is the only other show I can make. It's in Kingston, wherever that is [i'm researching as I type to see how to get there and back in time for my flight]. But maybe it's already sold out.

So I'm asking for a huge favour. I feel so cheeky even thinking of asking this, but I'm so desperate that I feel like I have nothing to lose. Would anybody with a ticket in Kingston by any chance be in a position to sell it to me? I'll pay over the odds, no problem, because denying someone the opportunity to see Matthew Good live is a very costly thing.

Guys, I completely apologise for asking, and moderators, if this is inappropriate and you wish to remove the post, that's completely fine. I just thought I'd give it a shot, because I don't think at this stage I've anything else to lose.

Thanks so much.

- Corm

dude that BLOWS.

lets see if the NF community can help you out, guaranteed you can get some scalped tickets for that show...

http://kingston.kijiji.ca/f-matthew-good-C...SearchFormZtrue

i'll chip in to help cover some of the cost of the tickets, i'd hate to see you miss out on such an opportunity, pm me your pay pal

Edited by finboy

This link is excellent. Thanks so much man. Not at all, I wouldn't accept a penny from anybody, but your gesture is phenomenally generous.

I'll keep you posted. What seems to be busting me is that the bus from Toronto to Kingston seems to only leave at 6.30pm tomorrow, which is no help. But that's Greyhound, I'll keep going with this.

Just for the record: Matthew Good has eMailed me back to say he would meet me tomorrow night. It boggles the mind how anybody could have a bad word to say about him. He is the true gentleman, and ultimate professional.

Guys,

I missed the fucking show. This story is probably the most depressing story I've ever had to tell.

- Corm

Honestly? A little piece of my heart just broke reading that story. ;)

And I second Finboy's offer of aid. PM if you need anyhing.

Edit: typos in the morning! woot!

Edited by Nearfantastica

What I have found out is that tickets are sold through tickets.com for the k-rock centre. You might be able to get to the box office and purchase tickets right there. If you need anything I'll try and help as much as I can. I am really sorry that happened to you.

Edited by Audio of Being

Just to give a quick update guys:

1. We have bus tickets sourced and booked to Kingston [thanks to you guys for your information].

2. We have show tickets booked at the K-Rock Centre, their Box Office still had availability.

3. I've a hostel sourced, but can't get confirmation that it's booked, but I don't mind going to Kingston without definitely having accommodation booked.

4. We've to drive back from Mississauga to Toronto to drive back the rental car and get a bus from there to Kingston. This is the part I'm dreading most, but I really hope it works out.

5. Matthew Good has eMailed to say that he would still meet me this evening if I can make the show. The man is a true gentleman.

I will keep you posted on things, but it's looking up [i'm trying to stay cautious given yesterday's shit storm]. Thanks so much to you all for your kind words and assistance.

- Corm

Dude, you had better make it or else I may just lose all faith in humanity. I was seriously yelling at my computer and wanted to kick the dude who gave you wrong directions in the nuts when I read your story. Hopefully you have arrived in Kingston by now... good luck! We're cheering for you dude!