here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

I would much rather hear the 2003-04 versions of LMU and HTB. Does anybody know why the old solo group even disbanded? They were incredible.

Oh, and what was the merch like?

Also, was Empty's Theme Park acoustic or something? Someone on his Facebook page said so. That would be odd.

I am crossing my fingers for 16 or more songs in Saskatoon!

That'd kinda suck since we saw them practising it with the band ;)

Got to have Hello Time Bomb.

I could do without Load Me Up, Giant and Apparitions... I was a little late to the party but I guess I'll never be able to see a full band performance of SWW live, eh?

Oh and no Vancouver National Anthem? Lame.

that's the thing, he doesn't need to play Time Bomb anymore, it's been done. hundreds of times. if he's going to choose a single to play... why not Carmelina or Everything Is Automatic instead? You know? Bring back Alabama Motel Room or even Empty Road?

I'd much rather hear Odette or A Single Explosion again than Black Helicopter off Hostpital Music.

I think at least every album he's made should be represented in a live set. But maybe that's just me.

14 songs too... a bit lame. With his back catelogue, Matt could easily do a 18-21 song setlist each night, which would mean... 2 of 3 guaranteed tunes (App/Time Bomb/Load) and some gems for the hardcore fans that have been there from the begining.

Anyways, I guess we'll see as the tour progresses how it comes to be. Hopefully it gets changed up a bit.

Edited by here is no why

As posted in the other thread... the setlist from last night was:

The set list from last night:

the boy who could explode

great whales of the sea

born losers

empty's theme park

last parade

hello time bomb

volcanoes

us remains impossible

a silent army in the trees

black helicopter

apparitions

weapon

-------

giant

load me up

looks like a greatest hits and new songs setlist, which is a shame since Matt himself was saying how he wasn't going to play HTB and LMU in the same shows, must get boring to do those songs over and over. Hopefully he changes it up a bit as the tour goes on...

I think it is a pretty good set list, considering it's short length. An encore of giant and load me up, that is a massive up note to leave things on.. I am certain i would leave the concert buzzing if he closes that way in winnipeg. i'm not the most old school fan, definitely ten plus years...and when i hear load me up, as a single, that is still such a great song and I am glad he still reps it. I personally like it more than tracks like htb or automatic. It is always nice to see anything from audio of being, but i don't exoect that at all. I would trade out empty's for vancouver national anthem. i would drop apparitions for strange days (if that is the type of song he is wanting to do in that slot) I am not huge on black helicopter or silent army in the trees. I would rather a virtually unlimited host of other options over those. I agree with whoever said he should bust out near fantastica. Of all the live songs i've seen him do, that is truly one of the best. I also miss the avalanche era touring group. Christian Thorvaldson (i think that was his name) is great live. as they rehearsed it, I also expect to see alert status red in the set, unfortunately i think it will likely replace one of load me up or time bomb, and i would bet it probably replaces load me up. I think that sucks.

Well I made playlist in iTunes with all the songs from that set and it comes out to be about 1 hour and 15 minutes. So that's got to be at least 1.5 hour show including banter and downtime between songs. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

You guys've seen the clips uploaded on youtube for the Abbey show?

He needs more band in my opinion. And a partial string section, for christ's sake. And to be honest I've never been a fan of Stuart's guitar work, for the most part I've been uncaptivated by his performances. How do you top Christian Thor Valdsen though? I'm not an 'I wish things could be like were' kinda fan, but I feel that his band could be a lot better. It should be a lot better. Maybe I'll be eating my words halfway through the tour, but that's how I feel right now with all the expectations I had for Matt bringing this fantastic new album across the country.

I don't like the set list at all.

Reason being looking over it most of the songs come either from Hospital Music, or Vancouver.

Matt has toured already with Hospital Music, and I would like to see less of those songs, and more the back catalog.

I know that there are only 10 tracks on Vancouver, but 70% of it was played.

well he said he was going to play 6 or 7 tracks from Vancouver at each show. So that's not surprising. I still think the setlist could be longer for sure. Though, the fact that I still get to see him playing music is worth it enough, no matter what he plays.

I just hope some changes happen to the set.

Hopefully he adds a song or two as he goes.

Our Lady Peace is touring right now, and they basically are playing the exact same setlist over and over, with no changes. It's disappointing. I know they've had like 9 albums and lots of hits, but I don't want to see a "best of" show.

I hope Matt doesn't go the same way. Even if he kept this set list, and added 2 or 3 other songs from his back catalogue, I would be super happy with that.

Near Fantastica!

Keep in mind, that Matt is still probably getting over being sick, and I imagine he wants to play it safe in regards to length so his voice doesn't get fucked. We all know that the setlists are going to be different every night, and I imagine once Matt feels better and the band gets in their groove, the sets will probably lengthen. You guys are making mountains out of moleholes.

The best set lists right now belong to Pearl Jam. They only play a few songs from the new CD, and mix up songs each and every night. There are the big hits they play, and one off songs that were only b-sides. They bring back songs they haven't played in 10-12 years and make other songs disappear.

I think as the tour progresses Matt and His Band will be comfortable playing songs together, and that the set lists will get better over time.

The best set lists right now belong to Pearl Jam. They only play a few songs from the new CD, and mix up songs each and every night. There are the big hits they play, and one off songs that were only b-sides. They bring back songs they haven't played in 10-12 years and make other songs disappear.

I think as the tour progresses Matt and His Band will be comfortable playing songs together, and that the set lists will get better over time.

They closed down the spectrum in Philly recently. The last of 3 shows was 3 and a half hours long and they played (I believe) 42 songs.

Hopefully he adds a song or two as he goes.

Our Lady Peace is touring right now, and they basically are playing the exact same setlist over and over, with no changes. It's disappointing. I know they've had like 9 albums and lots of hits, but I don't want to see a "best of" show.

I hope Matt doesn't go the same way. Even if he kept this set list, and added 2 or 3 other songs from his back catalogue, I would be super happy with that.

Near Fantastica!

Matt basically did that last tour, but it was mostly because of the new band and the fact that they were preping and perfecting for a live album. Now that they've been together for a while I hope they've worked on some of his other older material.

I also have to say that I much prefer his new guitarist over Christian. The only one I really miss from the old band was Pat on drums - he was amazing. My wife misses looking at Rich - ha!

just wish he had someone on keyboards...anyone know why he left the fifth member out??

Yah, I'm surprised there's no one on keyboards this year... it did sound like there was strings on Weapon so maybe their just adding those tracks backstage this year.

I'm sure he will add more to his setlist in the upcoming shows. At least for the Vancouver shows, he always seems to play 3 or 4 more songs there compared to most venues.

That's what I thought last tour, but they never really learned anything more than what they were usually playing every night.

By the way, Giant sounds WAAAAAAAAY better this tour, Stuart's guitar part sounds much better this time around. Makes a huge difference.

They closed down the spectrum in Philly recently. The last of 3 shows was 3 and a half hours long and they played (I believe) 42 songs.

Pearl Jam Buffalo 2003 33 songs 3hrs 15 min

Pearl Jam Penn State 2003 39 songs nearly 3hrs 45min

Seeing that Philly show doesn't surprise me.

I was at those 2003 shows as well.

While I don't see Matt playing to that length I think for the sake of fans, esp. the loyal ones he could stretch it out just a little.

Edited by Audio of Being

As i said earlier, Matt could easily be playing 18-21 songs a night. A track from each album should be represented.

I dont think we're going to get a lot of gems, rare stuff... older tracks. I think it's basically going to be the big name tracks and new songs the whole tour with maybe 1 or 2 different tunes being played here and there.

You guys've seen the clips uploaded on youtube for the Abbey show?

He needs more band in my opinion. And a partial string section, for christ's sake. And to be honest I've never been a fan of Stuart's guitar work, for the most part I've been uncaptivated by his performances. How do you top Christian Thor Valdsen though? I'm not an 'I wish things could be like were' kinda fan, but I feel that his band could be a lot better. It should be a lot better. Maybe I'll be eating my words halfway through the tour, but that's how I feel right now with all the expectations I had for Matt bringing this fantastic new album across the country.

out of all the guitarists hes played with on his tours over the years ctv was definitely my favorite