here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

At Halifax they played some god-awful makeup song, some of their older stuff I assume. Ruined the entire vibe of their set for me, otherwise they were pretty good for an opening band.

I think it's called Touch Up.. from their first album with the same name

I really don't like that song too much either.. the new albums a lot better IMO

If memory serves, and there's an excellent chance it doesn't, this was the set tonight in Montreal.

On Nights Like Tonight

Last Parade

The Future Is X-Rated

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales Of The Sea

Load Me Up

Volcanoes

Born Losers

Us Remains Impossible

The Vancouver National Anthem

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Fought To Fight It

Empty's Theme Park

Amazing fucking show. My first time seeing Matt, even though I've been into him since I was a wee young'n. Highlights for me were Giant, Weapon and National Anthem. If anyone has a recording of the show, I would love you forever (or if this is frowned upon on this board, I apologize and disregard that statement entirely).

If anyone has a recording of the show, I would love you forever (or if this is frowned upon on this board, I apologize and disregard that statement entirely).

Have you checked the youtube thread? Probably stuff there from that show, if not probably soon.

And I think it's safe to say bootlegs are not frowned upon here ... you'll find that out if you stick around long enough.

Ottawa!

Doors at 8.

What time has Mother Mother taken the stage? 9 ish?

Matt on 9:45 - 10 ?

Cheers.

I will attempt to remember the setlist however I'm usually stuck in awe mode.

Is it doors at 8? ..I thought it started at 8..doors at 7:30 or something

Here's my crack at the Ottawa Setlist. Sorry if the order is a bit off in the middle.

It's Been a While Since I Was Your Man

Born Losers

Load Me Up/Love Will Tear Us Apart

Great Whales of the Sea

The Future is X-Rated

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Last Parade

Apparitions

Volcanoes

Weapon

---

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

A Silent Army in the Trees

Empty's Theme Park

Edited by shanemurphy

Just got back from post concert drinks and festivities.

Swear filter beware.

That was a great show.

EDITED SETLIST:

Ottawa, ON - NAC - December 11th 2009

It's Been a while Since I Was Your Man

Born Losers

Load Me Up/Love Will Tear Us Apart <- Awesome.

Last Parade

Great Whales of the Sea

The Future is X-Rated

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Volcanoes

Apparitions

Weapon <- So tight. Album quality folks.

Encore:

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

A Silent Army in the Trees

Empty's Theme Park <- Just wow. Wow!

Edited by Ychocky

AMAZING SHOW

Most likely the best concert I've ever seen. Mother Mother was fantastic and able to get the CD I brought of theirs signed.

I was afraid he wasn't going to talk too much but by the end he had some interesting things to say.. I actually managed to take a video of "the first political rant [he's] made the entire tour" and threw it up on youtube -->

Played pretty much everything that I would've hoped and opening with It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man was great as that was one of those albums tracks that I didn't think I'd hear. Didn't play VNA, but still cool.

The only problem I had was the COMPLETE DOUCHEBAG who ran onto the stage after to grab some picks from Matt's mic stand and some other girl who jumped up to grab the setlist.. I was waiting to get the one under Milos' spot but was turned away by the crew that said they couldn't get it cause of that one kid. They seemed pretty pissed off at the one guy.. wearing a red Blink 182 shirt if I can remember correctly.

Despite that.. fantastic show

Edited by johnerwin

Yeah, I watched the video of Weapon from Ottawa that just showed up on youtube tonight (

), and I noticed some surprising and cool new vocal arrangements (eg. melody change on the lines "and you give in, and you give out" around the 3:15 mark) that are just a little different from any other live versions I've heard recently.

Sounds like it was a great show!

Edited by umdesch4

It was an ok show. Probably didn't enjoy it as much as Kingston because i had front row in Kingston and could stand up and rock out on the rail, but i still had great seats in Ottawa i was in the 3rd row. The volume wasn't quite loud enough, i could hear myself sing pretty easily, to the point where i didn't want to sing loud as people around could hear me & didn't want to disturb their show. Crowd was pretty loud, and matt had a great 5-minute anti-war rant.

People started to stand up from the seats when Load Me Up came on. They stayed up for a few songs. Then they sat down during "On Night Like tonight", but a small amount of people kept standing including me. Then some bitch behind me tapped me on my leg and asked "are going to stand or sit? I can't see.". Obviously i was fucking standing, but my nice guy instincts me made say "sorry" and i sat down". then i thought to myself "fuck you bitch, i didn't come to a fucking rock concert to sit!!"

So if the bitch in the 4th row is on The Bored you can go suck my fat monster cock you lazy bitch. Get off your ass and enjoy the rock show.

Anyways, here's the actual setlist i got from the lighting guy:

post-290-1260607970_thumb.jpg

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Montreal setlist was:

On Nights Like Tonight

Last Parade

The Future is X-Rated

Load Me Up

Great Whales of the Sea

Volcanoes

Born Losers

Us Remains Impossible

Vancouver National Anthem

Apparitions

Weapon

//

Giant

Fought To Fight It

Empty's Theme Park

Ottawa setlist was:

It's Been a While Since I was your msn

Born Losers

Boy who could explode

Load me Up

Great Whales of the Sea

Last Parade

The Future is X-Rated

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Volcanoes

Apparitions

Weapon

//

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

Silent Army in the Trees

Empty's Theme Park

The two shows had completely different vibes. Matt was much chattier tonight... although the bathroom stall rant was hilarious in Montreal!!

Both nights were epic!!!

The only problem I had was the COMPLETE DOUCHEBAG who ran onto the stage after to grab some picks from Matt's mic stand and some other girl who jumped up to grab the setlist.. I was waiting to get the one under Milos' spot but was turned away by the crew that said they couldn't get it cause of that one kid. They seemed pretty pissed off at the one guy.. wearing a red Blink 182 shirt if I can remember correctly.

I couldn't agree more!

I was hoping to ask for a pick but the crew was none to impressed about that guy who got on stage.. total jerk! In the end, they did give a setlist to someone and that guy was really pissed off .....

Totally thrilled he played Its Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man.. was that played at any other venue?

Oh, and thanks again for the CC tix, BTW - first MG concert and now I'm hooked ;)

Ottawa setlist was:

It's Been a While Since I was your msn

Born Losers

Boy who could explode

Load me Up

Great Whales of the Sea

Last Parade

The Future is X-Rated

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Volcanoes

Apparitions

Weapon

//

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

Silent Army in the Trees

Empty's Theme Park

The Ottawa setlist sounds great, but remove Volcanoes where it was played, and place it else where, and end the set with Avalanche, Apparitions, and Weapon and you have a great fantastic setlist.

Ottawa was definitely nice, it was amazing to see such a theatre sold out!!!

Very different than last week in Quebec City, where he played a bar... and most people were there for Mother Mother.. or only new Apparitions.

(Very Sad I know... but made for a fantastic intimate show!!!)

Oh and the crew is so willing to give setlists and stuff when no-one's being a moron.. that's really too bad what happened in Ottawa. ;)

In Quebec, a friend and I both wanted a setlist... I ended up getting one, but decided to give it to her.

So I guess one of the guys saw the exchange, and went to get Blake's and brought it over so we both got one. I thought it was nice touch!

Also, I went back through the pages and couldn't find the setlist from the Quebec City show.... unless I'm really blind.

So I thhought I'd share. I know it's a bit in a past, but still very a-propos!!

Quebec City setlist:

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Great Whales of the Sea

Born Losers

Us Remains Impossible

Silent Army in the Trees

Black Helicopter

Odette

The Future is X-Rated

Weapon

Apparitions

//

Giant

Last Parade

Empty's Theme Park

I thought the Ottawa show last night was solid, probably one of the better Matt Good shows I've seen.

Crowd seemed good, Matt and the band were solid last night. The banter was hilarious, had me in stitches and I'll say it was amazing how quiet it was when Matt would sing the quiet parts in slow songs.

I'm ready for Massey Hall now.