here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

Oh and the crew is so willing to give setlists and stuff when no-one's being a moron..

Matt's road crew are the nicest, most fan-friendly crew i've ever seen. The young roadie who does the stage after the show got me a pick at 2 different shows, and in Ottawa when someone asked for a pick before me he's like "here, i'll grab you a setlist too" and went and over and got Milos' list.

The lighting guy was really cool too, gave me a setlist. Everyone just seems to be really humble on the road crew so far as i've seen, never seems like its a hassle for them to grab shit for fans unlike most roadie. Kudos.

Live from the concert hall setlist:

last parade

great whales (first try...stu's string broke half way through but they finished anyway)

born losers

boy who could explode

us remains impossible

strange days

silent army

great whales (the tv take)

the show itself was fantastic musically...but i can't wait to see it done properly at massey hall on friday. nice venue with a small appreciative crowd. the whole 'being on tv' part of it was weird though with the random clapping at the empty stage and the long breaks with mostly silence between songs.

air date: February 23rd, 10pm on Bravo

Live from the concert hall setlist:

last parade

great whales (first try...stu's string broke half way through but they finished anyway)

born losers

boy who could explode

us remains impossible

strange days

silent army

the show itself was fantastic musically...but i can't wait to see it done properly at massey hall on friday. nice venue with a small appreciative crowd. the whole 'being on tv' part of it was weird though with the random clapping at the empty stage and the long breaks with mostly silence between songs.

air date: February 23rd, 10pm on Bravo

*sigh* No Empty's. I was really hoping for a high quality recording. Oh well. I'll still watch it of course:)

last parade

born losers

boy who could explode

us remains impossible

strange days

silent army

Strange Days with the full band?? ..that would be pretty cool to see

*sigh* No Empty's. I was really hoping for a high quality recording. Oh well. I'll still watch it of course:)

someone from the crowd shouted for it and he said he had planned to, but wasn't allowed because of the length...

Strange Days with the full band?? ..that would be pretty cool to see

it was solo acoustic...

I couldn't agree more!

I was hoping to ask for a pick but the crew was none to impressed about that guy who got on stage.. total jerk! In the end, they did give a setlist to someone and that guy was really pissed off .....

Totally thrilled he played Its Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man.. was that played at any other venue?

Oh, and thanks again for the CC tix, BTW - first MG concert and now I'm hooked ;)

i think i remember seeing you at the concert. i was in the 3rd row. I recognize you cuz you're a total hottie.

p.s. u would have nabbed a pick if you waited a bit. I got one when i asked the roadie, maybe 5 minutes after those idiots jumped the stage.

i think i remember seeing you at the concert. i was in the 3rd row. I recognize you cuz you're a total hottie.

p.s. u would have nabbed a pick if you waited a bit. I got one when i asked the roadie, maybe 5 minutes after those idiots jumped the stage.

I think I saw you as well.. I walked up in front of where Milos stood right away and waited for a bit and watched the kid in the Blink 182 shirt run on stage.. then I just left after one of the crew members said he wasn't going to get it for anyone (I think my friend got mad and yelled at him or something)

so i was there... i cant describe myself better than "in a scarff" and asking matt a few questions... like...

"matt, did arsenal win this morning"

and

"matt, will you do empty's tonight"

both i got pleasant surprise answers with.

I got a pick and a setlist from the "show" tonight, i'll upload them tomorrow when i'm a bit more sober, either way. We heard "great whales" twice tonight. The taping should be excellent.

If i'm not correct, please do... but they said the final airing would be Feb. 23rd. and it went down well. A String was broke during the first take of "whales" so they had to redo it.

Setlist:

Last Parade

Great Whales of the Sea

Born Losers

The Boy Who Could Explode

Us Remains Impossible

Strange Days (matt solo)

Silent Army In the Trees

Re-Do of Great Whales of the Sea

overall i was happy with what I saw...

I shouted out "near fantastica represent" and nobody said anything back, kinda dissapointed with it... but oh well, maybe nobody heard me. good times!

I was given a setlist and 2 picks from the show tonight.... the crew are great. good people.

Edited by here is no why

so i was there... i cant describe myself better than "in a scarff" and asking matt a few questions... like...

and

i think i was sitting pretty close to you and just an fyi...and i don't intend to sound like a dick...but the shouting got tiring very quick. there were a lot more comments beyond just those two questions...

hoping massey isn't the same this weekend...

the guy next to me was yelling lots, actually. i think i know what comes out of my mouth.

got some video of the show as well, not sure on the quality though, haven't really checked it out. matt seemed like he didn't know what to do with himself.

Edited by here is no why

and

both i got pleasant surprise answers with.

I usually don't write anything on this board anymore, but I had to for this. I will probably get banned for this too, but..

...dude, you were annoying man. If I was sitting next to you, or close to you and not up in the balcony, I'd of probably told you to shut up. And if you didn't notice, Matt seemed pretty annoyed with you, just judging by the way he answered the q's. Call me an asshole, but people like you (i.e. at past Massey Hall shows) shouldn't be allowed into shows. Please have some respect for the people around you and the artist on stage. We paid, or in this case, won a contest, to see him, not you.

End rant.

it might be wrong....but the voice for the whole night sounded very similar to the one that asked the arsenal question. but if you say it wasn't you, fair enough. anyway...hope whoever it was isn't there on friday.

it's one thing if what you're saying is even remotely funny...but for the most part this guy just repeated whatever matt said - but tried to do it louder. it was beyond lame.