here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

Come out and play.

Actually it's kinda cool, some of the shows Matt has opened with songs consisting of him starting on just an accoustic (empty's, silent army) So it's dark with just the sound of Matt playing acoustic, then a spotlight hits just him, after a few minutes the band joins in it's really a cool effect. Also at the end of the show, either the last song of the main set or the last encore e has been ending in reverse. So the band stops and the lights go down to just Matt playing solo in the spotlight which works great when he's done it with "weapon" and Empty's Theme Park.

Kelowna show is cancelled, venue doublebooked.

What!? Really? How does something like that happen? I mean, did Matt and company show up with their bus this afternoon and get the old "sorry, we double booked and the Kelowna Kettle Krooner Boys got here to set up first!"

Don't tickets get sold, and all that kind of stuff. You'd think somebody would have noticed that kind of thing.

/me scratches head...

Here's the setlist from Dawson Creek

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Volcanoes

Great Whales of the Sea

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Last Parade

A Silent Army In the Trees

Black Helicopter

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

Apparitions

Giant

Weapon

I'm a Window

Some douche standing right behind me insisted on requesting white walls after every song, and it was funny as I turned around to leave he had this utter look of shock that the song wasn't played ;)

I thought that Volcanoes sounded exceptionally good live, and it was great to see Avalanche and BSOBL. Would have liked to have seen Empty's but everything else that I expected/wanted was on there so I was quite pleased.

Here's the setlist from Dawson Creek

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Volcanoes

Great Whales of the Sea

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Last Parade

A Silent Army In the Trees

Black Helicopter

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

Apparitions

Giant

Weapon

I'm a Window

Some douche standing right behind me insisted on requesting white walls after every song, and it was funny as I turned around to leave he had this utter look of shock that the song wasn't played ;)

I thought that Volcanoes sounded exceptionally good live, and it was great to see Avalanche and BSOBL. Would have liked to have seen Empty's but everything else that I expected/wanted was on there so I was quite pleased.

SWW is awesome.. sucks I'll probably never see it played live.

Edmonton Set List:

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales of the Sea

The Vancouver National Anthem

Last Parade

Load Me Up

Avalanche

Odette

A Single Explosion

Born Losers

Weapon

Apparitions

Empty's Theme Park

Encore:

Strange Days (acoustic)

Giant

Volcanoes

Everything is Automatic

There were a few interesting moments.

The guy getting kicked out during the improv polka song was pretty damn funny. There was extended bit about the pirate story, and how it should be spun into a commercial for the Sunfire. At the start of Empty's the fire alarm went off, Matt stopped the song, there was a tad of banter, and started it over.

I throughly enjoyed the show. Sound was great, Matt's vocals were exceptional, and the crowd seemed to be having a great time.

Attended the 11/14 Edmonton show, fairly decent set list; but after 23 times it's tough to pick the best shows over 10+ years. As said in this thread, the new songs sound great live. Having Giant in the encore was a thrill, no matter how many times I hear that I love it.

I am just in the process of transferring the Mother Mother and MG recordings over so look for a sample later Sunday morning and the full MG show available a few days later.

As promised, here is a song sample from Edmonton November 14. "Great Whales of the Sea" can be downloaded from here: http://bit.ly/30OWUL. To save on my bandwidth I uploaded it as an MP3 (4.5MB), but the whole show will be seeded in FLAC.

EDIT:

how's the sound quality of the boots?

I think my recording was fairly good. I have recorded at this venue many times and found my spot last night to be pretty optimal for sound. I had some talkers around me for some songs, but the mics may not have picked that up (it is usually never as bad as I think it is). This song sample was EQ'd with Har Bal so it makes it sound a little brighter then the original recording so I will spend some time doing that to the whole show (assuming it doesn't make it sound worse).

Edited by gursky