Boond

Video/Computer games

im all about counsel controls...once you learn a controller one doesnt conciously have to think about hitting buttons, its more, "gee i should shoot that elite first than deal with the grunts" and my fingers hit all the correct buttons at the right time just by instinct...like muscle memory or something....

and i am a sniper, tried and true...ill take the pistol in halo over the assault rifle any day

The assault rifle is nearly useless except at extreme close range...that annoys me. I'll ditch it for a shotgun in a heartbeat.

though I CAN snipe, I have never been a particularly good sniper...decent in TFC, but again...it's acrade style. I'm more inclined to walk in the front door hurling grenades all over the place than I am to snipe.

I've never owned my own console system, which is probably why I suck with the controls. I've been primarily a PC gamer since I started playing games - on a Commodore 64, when back they were considered good. Then came the IBM 486, Pentium 200, Pentium 500, and my current Athlon 2.2 gig system.

Edited by Sparq

yes shot guns are wonderful....you snipe away until the close the distance...than KA-BLAM shotgunned...and once enemy shields are down, the assault rifle is deathly effecient...

and i wish i could get into PC games...but my computer isnt up to the challenge

once i get some money, i will buy a new comp, and makes sure its set up for gaming...at least for a couple years...

EDIT: thats what i love about counsels...the system is gauranteed to support the games for it...no install...no connection issues...no it running in an inferrior way....and an XBOX is essentially a computer what with a harddrive

Edited by Boond

meh i decided if i was going to drop the cash on a counsel i would get the one with the most big name titles that seemed interesting and had the best performance...and the XBOX has the best hardware out of all the systems right now, and i like a lot of titles exclusively for it...

i would have gone gamecube...but im sort of outgrowing the game content and demographic...

and i wish metroid and zelda made the jump...cause i would kill to play those games...that and smash bros melee...

but i found a bunch of xbox titles helped make up for it

meh i have mixed feelings...on one hand your right, it wasnt battletech...there were no clans versus inner sphere..and the politics of battle tech were largely ignored...

that being said it was a good game, and brought a fresh taste to the mechassualt game line...the mechs didnt so much lumber like they used to...but sprinted and darted...and autocanons werent the end all be all of weapons either...

Having not played it too much, I base this somewhat on opinion...but the concept of mechs greater than 100 tons, and alient technology and weapons just seems tacked-on over the long established Battletech universe. As for the Autocannons...I never considered them to be the ultimate (though in MW3 the LBX AC-10s were murder).

Most of my own mechs were armed almost exclusively with Clan ER Large Lasers and loaded with heat sinks. For multiplayer games (MW4) I often built LRM missile boats as well.

And if you've read the books...generally the Gauss Rifle was the weapon that could cripple a mech with very few hits. Even the AC-20 didn't compare.

Edited by Sparq

i have read some books..and the autocanon was often advertised as one of the grand mech killers....so did the gauss rifle...but than again the gauss rifle is huge...where as an autocanon is significantly smaller...

and i remember one of the twins (two of the biggest nerds in the world...they both have that thing the rainman had, but to a way lesser degree, so they know everything there is to know about certain things, but have no common sense) going off on a massive battletech oration, that included a rant about how over powered they make autocanons....and he was the kind of kid who literally brought a graphics calculator camping with him so he could sit with a piece of paper and figure out the tonage of altering the weapons, armor, and amount and placement of heat sinks on mechs...it was sick

It depends who the author was too...they took some liberties. In one book a gauss would gut a heavy mech or shear off a limb, and in another the same weapon will dent the armor of a medium mech. Ah well.

Edited by Sparq

lol what always got me was the tendency of hitting ammo megazines...these fluke shots kept happening...a single autocanon round or gaus shell would destroy the mech...but hey giant fighting pilotable machines are pretty sweet

and im looking forward to mechassualt 2...you can actually get out of your mech and jack another one...i think that'll be cool

Edited by Boond

I started off incompetent as I had last played a gamecube many times before, but gradually got used to the X-Box controller. I favour the smaller designed controllers for X - Box more if anything, as a gamecube user.

i thinkt he S xbox controller is the best controller ever made (i can go into detail on why if anyone wants)...that being said...i like the old heavy ones more for racing...its got more beef to it...