here is no why

Most Under-rated Mg(b) Song?

Guilty as charged, indeed I was a cheerleader for 4 years .. please don't hold it against me ... it was many moons ago :angry:

As I'm Canadian, I spent more time at hockey games cheering than at football ;) .. although I liked the latter better because I got to get out of class 30 mins early to ride on the bus with the football team to each game... ah, memories...

How can I work this back to the topic at hand... hmmm.... K-I-C-K-A-S-S...*clapping*

just listening to Failing The Rorscach Test.

awesome, very underrated.

Agree, most definately one of my very fav songs on the album.

Most songs on LOTGA are underrated IMO. Specifically, She's Got a New Disguise, Vermillion, Native Son, and Radio Bomb. Not much love for those last 3 songs. At least SWW, Fearless, and Omissions of the Omen get their due.

Another totally underated song, Double Life...it's just the sickest groove.

Dude, upon further listen of this song you are so right! Great song!! I almost always have skipped over it because of the open riff which i don't like, but after the 0:30 mark in the song it just starts to kick ass. Wow, why have i ignored this song for so many years?? Yet another reason to love Avalanche! That's people for getting me to give this song another chance.

I agree about LOTGA as well...it's just an amazing, yet simplistic record. SWW, Every Name, Vermillian and Fearless are my favorite tracks. Radio Bomb is just just lyrical perfection.

Yeah Double Life just totally fucking pleasure. The drums on that track are amazing, the bass is perfectly blended, and the guitar solo is a motherfucker.

I agree about LOTGA as well...it's just an amazing, yet simplistic record. SWW, Every Name, Vermillian and Fearless are my favorite tracks. Radio Bomb is just just lyrical perfection.

LOTGA is a very different record than Matt's other stuff, which is why i think its among the least fav albums with Bored'ers. It's quite a folksy record, but i happen to like the style of it.

I first got into MGB when Underdogs came out and Apparitions/Everything is Automatic were radio hits, so i bought Underdogs. Thought it was pretty good. Then a few months later a friend of mine's brother had LOTGA so i borrowed it from him and was just blown away. That record turned me into a huge MG fan.

LOTGA was an upbeat record musically, with simple and catchy folk-rock tunes (with some apocalyptic lyrics ya, but the music itself had a positive vibe). I thought Underdogs and Beautiful Midnight were really dark, angry records, and i didn't like them as much. I was glad when Matt's style became brighter and less angry with Audio of Being and Avalanche.

Cheerleaders at my high school were called the politically correct "spirit squad", and it seemed they intentionally picked really unattractive girls to be members.

my school had a black midget. no lie. nobody, and i mean nobody, wants to see that. not even charles.

actually my High School Did too, he was on the football team my Jr. and Sr. year. He was freakishly strong. Dude was perfect for blitz packages, he'd literally bounce off a blocker and totally disrupt the oponents backfield.

I'm in agreement about LOTGA being more folksy, as well as the assessment of anger in BM and Underdogs.

There is was an undercurrent of anger up until Avalanche, thats where it started to fade in my opinion.

Edited by bishopx

actually my High School Did too, he was on the football team my Jr. and Sr. year. He was freakishly strong. Dude was perfect for blitz packages, he'd literally bounce off a blocker and totally disrupt the oponents backfield.

that's awesome. he should have been a running back, and after he's tossed the ball 2 big guys could throw him over everybody across the scrimmage line. You could get at least like 5 yards on each play no problem.

Cheerleaders at my high school were called the politically correct "spirit squad", and it seemed they intentionally picked really unattractive girls to be members.

this is the same thing with me. no word of a lie they picked the biggest girl in school to be on it, they had to sew two mini skirts together to make her one. it was unbelievable.

we didn't even have a football team, they came out for volleyball and basketball when need be.

Good one, with Free Downloading Blues. I need to get it again, I think I may have accidentally deleted it.

I totally agree Owen...and it's such a beautiful piece of music.

Not necessarily related to this forum but has anyone noticed that the piano component of Last Parade, matches Running For Home so well, that it could be used as a bridge between the two songs? Pledge of Allegiance also has a similar vibe...

Nobody has said Change of Season? I've had that song stuck in my head for the past day and a half.

And although people here seem to love Sort of a Protest Song, I think it's underrated.

Truffle Pigs is also one of those songs I can listen to a few times a day and not get bored. And then you've got the acoustic version on In a Coma, and that's also quite enjoyable. The acoustic version of Tripoli, too.

And Lullaby for the New World Order is one of my all time favorites as far as his solo work goes. The strings are fantastic!

I think this is my first post... sorry for reviving a semi-dead thread, I just wanted to share my opinion. Besides, it hasn't been a full two months, right?