sodamntired

Itunes (still) Really Sucks

not recognizing my iPod. Downloaded iTunes 9, still not recognizing.

You Better Recognize, fool.---I have said to my laptop, in my head, that didn't work either.

do anyone of you know what to do?

thank you

Edited by sodamntired

Yeah the newest version of iTunes (9.0.2) crashed my computer, I tried reinstalling it and I got the same problem. I went back to 9.0.1 and now I can't play any of my music I bought off iTunes, it keeps asking me to authorize my computer....

mom got me $60 total in iTunes gift cards.

want to download some Canadian tracks, cause you know,I live in Winnipeg now. *buzzer* won't let me download canadian mp3s cause I have a US account.

so I uninstalled iTunes

and downloaded Itunes off of Itunes.ca

thanks for downloading, please enter your e-mail address to get started.

[email protected]

*buzzer* this account has been recognized as being used before, please try again.

[email protected]

*buzzer* this account has been recognized as being used befrore, please try again.

[email protected]

*buzzer* fuck.

Edited by sodamntired

yup. lesson here is to not buy an mp3 player where the software can prohibit access to your music library or lose it all together. also, don't buy an mp3 player that forces you to use a specific format of encryption. creative products all the way! too bad they're doing shit in sales.

Firstly there is nothing encrypted or unique about the iTunes library. All your files are still in the library directory. When iTunes revs, the db it uses gets updated. You can wipe the db and the older version *might* be able to rebuild it.

DMC'd content is another bag of worms, often it can't go backwards.

The access to the store isn't governed by where you get iTunes from, you have to have an iTunes Canada or US account. In order to get an iTunes Canada account, you will need a credit card with a billing address in Canada. I have both and I switch between them by just signing into the store with the account I want to use.

It's hard to say what precisely would be wrong with your iPod. They are rarely that finicky. If the device can charge, that is a good sign I guess. Do you get any other connection signs, such as the "Connected to iTunes" screen? What kind of iPod is it (from what year?).

Hmmm... it's interesting. I'm also interested as to why none of the hardcore apple trackers have picked it up.

I have a few ideas about what is going on. I'm going to assert that since the fraud doesn't go beyond the iTunes store the hackers don't get direct access to your CC #.

Still it's pretty shocking.

Alright... so I did a bunch of reading. It looks like your original statement is a little bit of a mis-nomer, but the end result is almost the same. There appears to be a security flaw in the "lost password" function for adc members. I can personally a test that it's probably easier to figure out my security question and birthday than my password.

What this means is that you don't need to change your password in-so-much as you need to change your security question. Anyway... it's still totally broken.

Here is one saga: http://www.emacconsulting.com/apple/apple-...d-was-hijacked/

Note this isn't new... which I find even more dis-appointing.