rebellious_L

2009 Matthew Good (band) Elimination

;)

Ya I agree with you there, I honestly haven't listened to this song since the second time I listened to rooms the day after I bought it. Your post was so angry it inspired me to do so and I couldn't even get halfway through, just couldn't stand it. The lyrics to this song lose all their meaning when slowed down like that, it just doesn't work at all IMO.

Lol, with the anger. And I agree with your post.

Sorry Shortcut to Moncton and anyone else who picked the Rooms version. As I said it's just my opinion and I shouldn't have been so harsh because no matter how badly I think of it, we all have different opinions and are entitled to them. I just found it so surprising anyone picked that one.

Edited by Manchalivin

1. Rooms

2. Alert Status Red

3. Vermillion (haven't heard Lone Gunman yet, but Vermillion is an excellent song anyway lol)

4. She's Got a New Disguise

5. Empty's Theme Park

6. Rico

7. Annabelle

8. Album (I don't know why he even did HTB for Rooms, I wish he put Load Me Up on there instead)

9. Album (Not a fan of either though)

Edited by Curtster

6) rico (waiting for beating to happen)

Hey, I actually don't think it's a bad song, and someone has to give it a fighting chance. A few others have voted for it.

I've heard a lot of negative talk about North American For Life in the past on here as well, and always really liked that song. I think every time I listened to that song I would wonder how so many big fans didn't appreciate how good it is. It's a perfect example of typical sarcastic writing from MG combined with a killer beat and sound. Same type of song as Everything is Automatic in my mind. Glad to see people talking good about it. I'm not the only one!!

Agreed. The comparison to EIA is one I hadn't considered before, but I totally see it. And I agree with others about the Rooms version of NAFL, I don't hate it as much as some seem to, but I think something gets lost in the translation when it's slowed down.

Generation X-Wing (rooms) won, WTF??

Advertising on Police Cars

A Long Way Down

Vermillion

She's Got a New Disguise

Empty's Theme Park (2 good songs)

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

Annabelle

Hello Time Bomb

North American For Life (but they're both just awful - agreed!)

Hey, I actually don't think it's a bad song, and someone has to give it a fighting chance. A few others have voted for it.

Rico has a really good chorus, so i don't totally mind the song. But the the beginning guitar riff is so annoying, and the verses sound like shit too.

OHHH!!! *Slaps you with the RETARD stick!!!!* Not really that serious but I can't imagine how anyone could pick the Rooms version over the original. Not that the original is that great but the Rooms version is just so DREADFULLY, painfully almost, BLAND, DULL and BORRRRRING. Sorry but I felt compelled to say something about this unbelievably atrocious choice. Easily one of the worst things Matt's done. Still just an opinion though.

AGREED

OHHH!!! *Slaps you with the RETARD stick!!!!* Not really that serious but I can't imagine how anyone could pick the Rooms version over the original. Not that the original is that great but the Rooms version is just so DREADFULLY, painfully almost, BLAND, DULL and BORRRRRING. Sorry but I felt compelled to say something about this unbelievably atrocious choice. Easily one of the worst things Matt's done. Still just an opinion though.

Slap me then. I chose the Rooms version as well.

Edit: I am choosing the rooms version since I am old, and don't feel like rocking out much anymore.

Edited by Audio of Being