saturnine

Vancouver Vinyl

it's back in stock. i ordered one from maple music last night at 11pm and it was at my door 16 hours later. how ridiculous is that? anyway, there's one on ebay for $100. don't buy that one, k?

love you.

K.

Love you too. ;)

Edited by Manchalivin

I have quite a few vinyls and don't have a record player. Just supporting the artists. It's also nice to have certain vinyls that become rare.

You don't have "vinyls", you have records

You don't have a "record player", you don't have a turntable

Edited by Millstone

You don't have "vinyls", you have records

You don't have a "record player", you don't have a turntable

Please do not use contractions in your posts.

Also, place periods at the ends of your sentences.

We are all trying to keep this place good and proper and would appreciate if you would do your part.

Fucking hell, Millstone. ;)

Please do not use contractions in your posts.

Also, place periods at the ends of your sentences.

We are all trying to keep this place good and proper and would appreciate if you would do your part.

Fucking hell, Millstone. ;)

Hey, I just find it amusing that the 'new' vinyl generation has no idea what to call the things. =O

Yeah, 'cuz let me tell you, when I spin up a platter on one of the decks in my rig, and drop the needle, I'm hardly concerned with such highbrow terminology.

Now, if Vancouver comes out on 8-track, then we'll have something to talk about!

Edited by umdesch4

Yeah, 'cuz let me tell you, when I spin up a platter on one of the decks in my rig, and drop the needle, I'm hardly concerned with such highbrow terminology.

Now, if Vancouver comes out on 8-track, then we'll have something to talk about!

I see what you did there. Great way to cater to the "youth" with your "hip" phrases like "spin up a platter" on your "decks" in your "rig" whilst "dropping the needle"... I mean game over, where do I get your autograph Mr. Important DJ? I'd love to know your favourite "mods" to your "1200s" sir

Edited by Millstone

Heh, I did hear people talk like that back when I actually was a DJ in the 80s. The day I quit though, was about a week after I had to buy Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam, 'cuz it was the most requested song at the time. I thought "geez, if I'm gonna have to re-invest my earnings into utter crap that I should never be caught dead owning, and then actually have to play it...I can't do this anymore".

Anyway, that's ancient history. My biggest issue now is finding a decent phono pre-amp, because my system right now doesn't have legacy "phono" inputs. I've been using a Korg Kaoss pad through headphones to listen to my vinyl lately, but it kinda sucks.

Heh, I did hear people talk like that back when I actually was a DJ in the 80s. The day I quit though, was about a week after I had to buy Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam, 'cuz it was the most requested song at the time. I thought "geez, if I'm gonna have to re-invest my earnings into utter crap that I should never be caught dead owning, and then actually have to play it...I can't do this anymore".

Anyway, that's ancient history. My biggest issue now is finding a decent phono pre-amp, because my system right now doesn't have legacy "phono" inputs. I've been using a Korg Kaoss pad through headphones to listen to my vinyl lately, but it kinda sucks.

This is the worst situation. They picked the wrong time to stop building them in.

nad pp1/2/3 is pretty good.