Sign in to follow this  
here is no why

Odette

I always loved this tune as well, somewhat under-appreciated me thinks. Anyone else a big fan of this tune? When I met Matt at Arizona's on the Hospital Music tour we chatted for a bit and he said it was one of his favourites from Hospital Music, probably the reason why he is still playing it this time around.

Do you prefer it with the full band or solo acoustic?

Definitely under-appreciated. Love the opening lyrics "Hey midnight/turn on your lights/roll out your stars". Great vocals, especially in the "don't wanna be so wide awaaaaaaaaaaake" part. I wonder if that part was an intentional reference to Failing The Rorschach Test.

For some reason I don't think I've heard it acoustic, or at least don't remember, that said, I really enjoy the live version much more than the album.

It's not high up there on my list...but I said the same thing about Blue Skies Over Bad Lands, then I actually sat down and really listened to the lyrics and now I love it. I'll have to do the same thing with Odette some day.

listen to the acoustic version from Massey Hall! love it.

Edited by here is no why

^^^^^^^^^

that's criminal.

why don't you like it so much?

I don't know, it's not like I dislike it so much, but it just doesn't do anything for me, you know, its the same if its there or if it isnt

I love when he sings the "don't wanna be so wide awaaaaaaaake" part the second time and goes from the Bb up to the Eb

Always reminded me of Don McLean when he sings "eight miles high and fallin faaaaaaaast"

One of my favourites from Hospital Music but it hasn't been doing as much for me lately.

I love this song. Glad to see it making the current setlists too