I went to see these guys last night at the Centre...My girlfriend wanted to go and I agreed to go with her, not having heard much of their stuff. I've seen the movie "Once" and enjoyed it, so I knew I wouldn't hate the show, but it shattered my expectations. Glen Hansard has an incredible stage presence and his voice is outstanding. He did the song "Say It To Me Now" like the video I'll link at the end. It's by far one of the best renditions of any song I've ever heard live. I don't get chills all that often from music, but I had chills throughout this performance. For a single voice and a single unplugged acoustic to fill up a theater like that...Jesus. They also played a pretty long set (2 hours 15 minutes, with 2 encores).

Anyone else see them live? If you get the chance you should go. They put on a fucking fantastic show.

Here's the video. He played it like this in Vancouver...

i fucking love the swell season. everytime i listen to them my heart gets sad because that's the kind of emotion i think every artist should show in their songs.

i've never seen them live, but i would love to

ps - his guitar is so rock n roll

Edited by Ravenous megin-sane

i fucking love the swell season. everytime i listen to them my heart gets sad because that's the kind of emotion i think every artist should show in their songs.

i've never seen them live, but i would love to

ps - his guitar is so rock n roll

The emotion he played with was incredible. You could tell it was just total passion for what he does. During one song he was strumming his guitar so hard and fast one of the strings snapped and it didn't even phase him.

Also, during one of the songs he played a line or two of Jeff Buckley's Grace which kicked ass.

I'll be giving these guys a few listens for sure - for someone who whips out some Jeff Buckley like that I'm automatically giving a listen.

Indeed...He also plays a bit of Lilac Wine from time to time.

Edited by ccf23

During one song he was strumming his guitar so hard and fast one of the strings snapped and it didn't even phase him.

you don't go to a lot of shows or play guitar, do you?

YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ONCE?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

mmm i dunno. girlfriend said it was long and the songs are what made it bearable.

It's like this one time I was drumming in the zone so hard, that my stick snapped in half, and I just grabbed a new one and kept going!

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

your girlfriend is stupid.

just kidding. it's a really good movie though

i will check it out, but only because you said so.