Sign in to follow this  
finboy

Info On "great Whales Of The Sea" Video Shoot

Great Whales would not have been my choice for a single... was there even a video for Last Parade?

Chances are it's not going to be a single:

A Few Updates

He directed the video for Your Rocky Spine by the Great Lake Swimmers AND When Lost at Sea by the Wooden Sky on top of Fake Empire..

This is probably going to be awesome.. I can't wait

I remember Matt mentioning a video would be done, due to the directors love for the song, but it probably wouldn't be a single.

Well I'm fuckin excited as hell, Great Whales of the Sea is my favourite track off the album.

Oh yeah, it'll be great to see this video. I still remember the Born Losers contest and how many were submitted for it... that was great.

As a side to the song, I was recording some stuff on garageband the other night and I think I came across the intro part to Great Whales... I was like shit, did I just find it?

Edited by young37204

Wonder if it's being held back a bit in light of M+ getting off the ground.

Ya that's an idea..

the video was filmed but scrapped. i forgot why but it's somewhere on here.

Matt said it was terrible, and that he wouldn't release anything that he wasn't 100% behind. The director said he was planning to repurpose some of the footage into another project. (If that sounds harsh - Matt and/or Universal funded the video to some degree, so they certainly had the right to request it not be released.)

That's a real shame, I really was looking forward to the video. Definitely one of my favourite songs from Vancouver.