uglyredhonda

2010 Us Tour

I know, I'm just trying to get facts straight. I was at Matt's last show at Arizona's back in August of 2008. Still no where near 3000 people. Not even 1000.

Was that inside? I saw him in 03 and 05? there was definitely more than 1000 people..

anyway enjoy the show..hope he plays all night! so I can be salty I didn't try to make it to NYC!

So... I live in St. Catharines... and have been to Arizona's many times. There is no way there was over 1000 people at Zona's at any show, I've been to all of them here for years now at that venue and it just appears bigger than it is.

1000 max at Zona's outside.

Sitting here at the bar at Bowery Ballroom, they opened the doors early. The bus is parked literally in front of the door. Saw Milos standing outside it. Enjoying a delicious Blue Point Toasted Lager.

I saw MG at Arizonas in 08, so that could explain why there were less people. It was awesome being outside, was a beautiful summer night.

New York City:

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Great Whales of the Sea

The Boy Who Could Explode

Born Losers

Volcanoes

The Future is X-Rated

Load Me Up

Apparitions

Weapon

==================

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Champions of Nothing

True Love Will Find You In The End (Not Listed on Setlist...which I got SIGNED!!! Picture of it tomorrow)

Kickass fucking show. Matt was ON. Packed house too! Lots of Matt Good enthusiasts!

Edited by Gomo

New York has always been >> than Philly since the beginning of time. Don't get me started on THAT.

The show was incredible. Matt's vocals were kinda low in relation to the rest of the instruments, but it was still great. The only annoying parts of the night were a guy belching extremely loud during a quiet part in Avalanche, some dude getting way too excited and knocking my head a few times during Load Me Up (and spilling a bit of beer on me) and these chicks yelling "YEAH HE DOES!" during Champions of Nothing, which I couldn't understand what for.

I love these general admission shows. Squeezed up to the stage, a bunch of people dancing and having fun. There were seats for those that chose them, but I made it a point to get right up to the stage. I said earlier in this thread (or another thread) sitting at a rock show just isn't as cool!!!!

The highlight of the night for me was The Future is X-Rated. I don't know why, but I just had the biggest fucking smile on my face during that song. Also the intro to Volcanoes was incredible. I wish I could have got it on film. Matt raised his voice for one of the notes and it just made me go "wow..." I think that song was actually better live than on the album.

I'm still so pumped about this. I wish I was going to another show TONIGHT. When I met Matt after the show I just was nervous and thanked him for coming to new york, handed him hospital music and told him I loved that album, and told him he was the man and told him to come back to new york again. Lol...when I met him in Buffalo I got to talk to him a bit more. But that's ok, I didn't want to take up too much of his time.

Edited by Gomo

The show was AWESOME! I managed to convince two of my buddies to go. They enjoyed it.

The fuck wall st part was funny. Not too much too add to what Gomo said. I found my way to Ontario bar after, and needless to say I have the worst hangover ever. Im supposed to be halfway to Boston right now, so I suppose I should go find my car and start driving...

oh yeah, you forgot to add that they did a little of the Love Will Tear Us Apart riff during Load Me Up. Also Blake really is very smiley/animated. Love him!

Edited by Tibbychick

Fabulous show tonight! I'm very glad I went. Set was as such:

Giant

The Future is X-Rated

Great Whales of the Sea

Born Losers

I'm a Window

Odette

Weapon

Load Me Up (not on set, and with long band jam)

Apparitions

Encore:

A Single Explosion

Fought to Fight It

On Nights Like Tonight

I was so excited to see so much Hospital Music, which is one of my favorite records. Not much banter, but a lot of energy. After the show, Matt was very sweet to those of us wanting autographs. He had us go one-by-one onto the steps of the tour bus to see him rather than hanging around outside the bus.

Highlights: Single Explosion, On Nights Like Tonight, Apparitions

I always try to grab setlists and get them signed. ;)

Fought to Fight It was interesting. It's my least favorite on Vancouver so when I heard it start up I was a bit let down, but by about halfway through the song I was really getting into it. Matt gave it a lot of energy and the drumming was fabulous. The "fresh air" sample was really, REALLY loud, though.

Nice! Good setlist. Surprised there was no Time Bomb or Load Me Up. Still awesome.

They did Load Me Up, right before or after Weapon IIRC. It must have been a last minute addition. Had a nice jam, too.

Setlist from the Rochester - The Club @ Water Street Music Hall show on April 4th/10

Silent Army in the Trees

Black Helicopter

Great Whales of the Sea

Load Me Up

Born Losers

It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man

Apparitions

Weapon

Encore:

Giant

Fought to Fight it

I ended up winning a space at a M+ event so I got to go to a sound check party, followed by a Q&A. While lining up, Milos and Blake were out talking to attendees. Goodness, Blake is such a nice guy.. seemed really genuine, very personable. Talked to him about the band he's working with currently, in association with Stu (The Heartbroken). I think the trials of the tour were catching up with them but for the show, they were all on their A game. A bit of funny banter about a feature of the club (a piano suspended from the ceiling with wings and one big tiled eye) that had me in stitches ;) It was an early show as they went on at 9pm.. I didn't stick around for autographs but there was a lineup and I think they obliged the fans.