uglyredhonda

2010 Us Tour

I got my two tickets to the Bowery Ballroom in the mail yesterday. I don't think I've gotten tickets 4 months in advance of a show before.

See you there, front and center.

Edited by VTSV

SXSW announced their schedule today:

March 19th: Austin, TX - Prague (21+)

NXNE Showcase

Lineup:

Jully Black 8:00pm

Lights 9:00pm

Matthew Good 11:00pm

The Trews 12:00am

Shout Out Out Out 1:00am

http://sxsw.com/music/shows/byvenue?a=day&s=2010-03-19

http://my.sxsw.com/events/eid/7194

So... probably not worth it if you're not already planning on going to SXSW.

Edited by uglyredhonda

Cool bro. I'll definitely be on line early if I can. I was first on line at the NYC acoustic show in 08 and in 07 in Buffalo I arrived to the parking lot at 1pm ;)

I work on the upper-east side, so I usually make it down to the Bowery around 5:30-6:00 and am always one of the first there -- that's probably the only thing I don't like about there is how late their shows start, but I guess everything goes late into the night in NYC (except my train back to NJ).

Getting amped now that the tour has started, I haven't seen Matthew Good live in almost 5 years!

The show last night was pretty good, the triple door is a decent venue. The show was about one hour and twenty minutes. Here is the setlist from what I can remember (I may have missed something). I'm going again tonight so I'll make a note of remembering the set.

Giant

Great whales of the sea

Future is x-rated

The boy who could explode

Silent army in the trees

Black helicopter

Born losers

Apparitions

Weapon

--------------

Empty's theme park

Thanks for the setlist. Seems a little short but you said you couldn't remember it all so maybe that's it...

Hopefully he plays a little longer this weekend. 90 min+ would be nice...

Have a great time tonight, looking forward to hearing your notes!

EDIT*

The show last night was pretty good, the triple door is a decent venue. The show was about one hour and twenty minutes. Here is the setlist from what I can remember (I may have missed something). I'm going again tonight so I'll make a note of remembering the set.

Giant

Great whales of the sea

Future is x-rated

The boy who could explode

Silent army in the trees

Black helicopter

Born losers

Load me up*

Apparitions

Weapon

--------------

Empty's theme park

Well, at least he hasn't gotten sick on the US tour this time. Knock on wood.

Yeah, I saw him in LA that time, almost didn't go because he was playing 5 minutes from my house at the Belly up in Solana Beach the next night. Realized how lucky was to have two shows close to me, so I went and then he cancelled San Diego and a bunch more. I was soooooo glad I made that lousy rush-hour drive...!

Best part was it was in this tiny place - Hotel Cafe - and it felt like there were about 60 people there. Probably more like 100, but still...

Oh, and Pete Yorn showed up and played with Matt. There's a bunch of youtube vids from that show. Great night, I'm so looking forward to this weekend.

Luckily the NYC show I went to was one of the last few that he didn't end up cancelling. He sounded pretty good that night too...unfortunately the venue was having technical issues with the sound. But the vocals were fine.

example: