Avalanche

The boy who could explode

Hello time bomb

Volcanoes

Born losers

I'm a window

Fought to fight it

Apparitions

True love will find you in the end (solo)

-----------------------------------------------

Giant

Weapon

The setlist for the second seattle show:

On nights like tonight

Avalanche

Hello time bomb

Volcanoes

Born losers

I'm a window

Fought to fight it

Apparitions

True love will find you in the end (solo)

-----------------------------------------------

Giant

Weapon

Thanks for posting!

Maybe it's me, but that still seems like a short setlist...? I guess I'm used to seeing the Hip bang out 16-18 songs in the small venues?

Either way, I'm getting fired up looking at these setlists. Looks like there will be some changes from night to night, so altogether I'm expecting to hear a pretty good spread. I'm really looking forward to Silent Army and Black Helicopters with a full band...

Maybe it's me, but that still seems like a short setlist...? I guess I'm used to seeing the Hip bang out 16-18 songs in the small venues?

Matt said before the tour started that the US shows would be shorter than his usual Canadian shows. An hour-twenty is probably about right for venues this size and the price of the ticket.

Having said that, keep in mind that Matt's songs often run 5-7 minutes, as opposed to the typical Hip song running 3-4 - the posted setlists aren't as short as they would seem to be based on song count.

Makes sense. I'm just getting greedy.

I honestly wonder if he ever even PLAYED San Diego before? As I said, the only one I have seen scheduled here in the 5+ years I lived here was cancelled a couple years back. I never even saw him in Minneapolis in the four years I lived there before moving to SD. I actually drove home to Winnipeg and saw him on the Avalanche tour. That was the last time I saw the full band accompaniment....

Either way, it is going to be incredible, long of short. I'm just stoked he's finally coming all the way down here...

Also, valid points about song length. I was thinking about that. There are just so many things I'd love to hear live again, since it's been so long. It makes sense for a shorter setlist in the small venues. Tradeoff I guess.

I would trade all of my MG show memories and both of my dogs to live in San Diego.

I've been pretty fortunate, finding my way down here from Winnipeg...I never take it for granted, that's for certain.

My roommate is from MD. All I hear is Terps Terps Terps....

I'm buying her a ticket for Monday ;)

Anybody wanting to do an NF meet up in SF.

The venue is just on the edge of the Tenderloin, so it can be a little sketch, but there are some places in the Mission that aren't too bad. Let me know I'll scout something out.

Thanks for posting!

Either way, I'm getting fired up looking at these setlists. Looks like there will be some changes from night to night, so altogether I'm expecting to hear a pretty good spread. I'm really looking forward to Silent Army and Black Helicopters with a full band...

Let's face it, Matt's no fan of touring. He's made that quite clear in recent in blog posts, which is compounded by the fact that on this particular tour he's not making a dime. This is a fact that unfortunately leads to shorter sets and ultimately lesser quality shows. I have definitely noticed a degradation of his energy in the last few years and set times, and I've been seeing him perform since '98. I can't help but think that he's just tired of touring, the routine, the monotony -- and that he's just going through the motions because its just not that fun for him anymore.

Yeah, that acoustic tour was something else. I was fortunate enough to see him at the Hotel Cafe in LA right before he cancelled all those shows. I speaks volumes to how much he enjoyed it that there was absolutely no reason to think that in 24 hours he'd be laid out for 2 weeks with the flu. I can't believe he wasn't feeling a little off that night, but it sure as hell didn't show...

Don't get me wrong, I'm abolutely thrilled he's coming to SoCal. He could cover Fine Young Cannibals all night for a I care.

I think if I could pick 12 songs to hear at the show in NYC on April 2nd based on what he's been playing, this would be my perfect setlist

Last Parade

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales of the Sea

Hello Time Bomb

Born Losers

The Vancouver National Anthem

A Silent Army in the Trees

The Future is X-Rated

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Empty's Theme Park

Yes, I think that would be my ideal setlist! In the end I don't mind what it is, because I've never heard ANY of Matt's songs live and full band...I've only been to acoustic shows. This should be awesome.

Edited by Gomo

The show last night was pretty good, the triple door is a decent venue. The show was about one hour and twenty minutes. Here is the setlist from what I can remember (I may have missed something). I'm going again tonight so I'll make a note of remembering the set.

Giant

Great whales of the sea

Future is x-rated

Silent army in the trees

Black helicopter

Born losers

Apparitions

Weapon

--------------

Empty's theme park

I saw the Seattle #1 setlist on Flickr.. it's missing two songs, Last Parade was the first song of the encore and Load Me Up was played between Born Losers and Apparitions