uglyredhonda

2010 Us Tour

I'll be at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia, PA (about 3 hours if I go the back way and avoid all of the traffic). Pittsburgh is too far of a drive for me (4 hours with no traffic...last time I sat in traffic for 2 hours getting downtown). I was between NYC and Philly and even contemplated going to both, but I think I will have to settle for just one...tough economic times. Anyway, I'm still excited even if the setlist is shorter than I anticipated.

There is 99% of the time no traffic in pittsburgh..and the show isn't near downtown. But an hour before traffic is certainly not worth it.

well lets hope for a good set i'll hopefully see ya there!

Quality over quantity.

I've got tickets for the NYC and Boston shows. Will be my 9th & 10th time seeing him, 3rd time in NYC. First time was back in 01 with MGB, I was 16 and it was a 21+ show. I only got in because my parents were with me, hah. They didn't much care for Matt lighting stuffed animals on fire. My dad liked the cheerleaders though.

Anyway, very excited! Bowery Ballroom is a great venue.

Less than two weeks til Bowery Ballroom! Whoohoo!

Matt posted the SXSW setlist on Twitter. He only had 40 minutes because it was part of a Showcase and not a headlining set.

For those who missed it, he joked that he could play five longer songs and be done, and posted a setlist that matched the idea. He let Twitter folks choose between "Champions of Nothing" and "Apparitions" for the last song. There was apparently a tie. He ended up playing "Apparitions" and had time for "Great Whales" at the end.

Setlist: On Nights Like Tonight, Avalanche, Weapon, Born Losers, Apparitions, Great Whales of the Sea

Edited by uglyredhonda

Been a while since I posted. Like to lurk. Here is what I can remember from Dallas on Sunday:

Other than the first song and the

On Nights Like Tonight

Weapon

Born Losers

Apparitions

Great Whales of the Sea

Last Parade

The Future Is X-rated

Volcanoes

Encore-

Giant

Champions Of Nothing

True Love Will Find You In The End

I am missing one or two songs I'm positive there was another encore song but to be honest I was so into the concert .... My wife did record quite a bit of the entire concert with our flip like kodak camera in HD. Will end up getting it up on youtube for you guys soon. She even recorded some of the jokes in between .. Amazing concert I hope he comes back to Texas. I waited 11 years to see him and it was very much worth the money spent. He said we had the best venue he had for the entire tour for the exception of LA.

For those wondering what was sold he had about 4 different shirts for Vancouver for $20.00 and autographed cds for $15.00. No Vinyls ;)

Also, Automatic Loveletter was pretty damn awesome. The singer was sick and still kicked ass. Thanked Matt for making her feel better.

Memphis was an excellent show! The playlist transcribed from Stu's copy is as follows:

Giant

Great Whales

Load Me Up

Born Losers

I'm a Window

Silent Army

Black Helicopter

Apparitions

Weapon

encore

Single Explosion

Last Parade

Hello Timebomb (unlisted)

Met some great MG fans there. I would like to thank AH for recording the show and posting it to youtube already. Cheers!

3/24/10 Double Door - Chicago, IL Setlist

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

The Boy Who Could Explode

Load Me Up

Great Whales of the Sea

Born Losers

Odette

Apparitions

Weapon

Encore

Giant

Champions of Nothing

The opening band was not Automatic Loveletter. Apparently they were in an accident (but okay) and canceled. The replacement opening act was The Ragtones. They were a nice opener. They played for about 35 minutes. Talked to the singer after and seemed like a nice guy.

The band sounded great. Thought it was a fantastic show. They set was very good. I was front left in front of Stu. There was a "superfan" girl front and center who seemed very obsessed with Matt. She had a jacket with all the MG/MGB patches and kept talking to him between songs. It was a little over the top.

After the show Matt talked to a couple of people by his bus. I was a little late in getting to his bus and he was done with meeting fans. I got the setlist and one of the crew guys got Matt to sign it. Blake and Stu came out to meet fans and were very nice guys. I got them to sign the setlist and the autographed copy of "Vancouver" they played on.

So if I want to get something signed and meet Matt should I plan on staying inside after the show or go directly to the bus?

I stayed inside after the show to pay off my tab, then met up with some people outside about 15 minutes afterwards. One of the crew got the crowed to line up alongside the bus and Matt took the time to sign some things. Which was pretty incredible; it seemed like everybody who'd been at the show was outside waiting to say hi to him.

I would ask the crew if the band will come back inside but your best bet appears to be waiting by the bus.

In Chicago all I saw for sale were one women's t-shirt, two different men's t-shirts, and autographed CD's. The CD was $15 and I believe the shirts were $15 as well. No posters or sweatshirts.

Back from the Detroit show. Sound guy's setlist:

Giant

Great Whales

Time Bomb

X-Rated

Born Losers

I'm a Window

Weapon

Apparitions

Champions

True Love Will Find You In the End (not listed)

---

Single Explosion

Load Me Up

My first MG show and I was impressed. If anyone is on the fence about going (I was), GO. It is $20 (depending on the venue) well spent. Very tight band that sounded great and tore through the songs. I don't think they even paused until four songs in. If Matt's back is still bothering him, he shows none of it on stage.

Automatic Loveletter was back as the opener. I think I'm too old to get them.

Matt said very little. Mentioned not playing St. Andrews since the 90s. There was a very Who-ish/babba o'riley detour towards the end of Load Me Up. Is that normal or were they having a jam?

*Who is the drummer for this tour? We got to meet him and he was so great to chat with.

The show was really great. They played a lot of 'old stuff' which surprised me. My husband who isn't too familiar with the band thought he (Matt) looked down. :angry: I don't know. It was my first time seeing them live and thought they were spectacular!

Later we were told Matthew was ill and would not be signing autographs. We never got to meet him. I so wanted my book signed since it helped me though a wicked time in my life, however I totally understand.

Next time. ;)

So envious of everyone in Cleveland tomorrow. Er, today. :angry: