myburningbridges

Most Epic Concerts You've Had The Chance To Attend...

I think it's self-explanatory...

Some concerts just stick... either in history, or just in your personal history (and that's fine) as out of this world concert experiences.

So... what are the epic concerts you've attended? And what made them so special?

I'll offer Pearl Jam's last night at the Philadelphia Spectrum on Halloween night 09 to start off the conversation!!

3.5h of pure PJ ... including Bugs... and those awesome Devo outfits... need I say more?

Pearl Jam Buffalo 2003, and Penn State 2003.

The Buffalo show featured rare covers, and songs by the band, and was about 3hrs with a total of 33 songs being played.

The Penn State show was the longest Pearl Jam concert up until Mansfield of that year. 39 songs, and members of the audience got to choose some songs in the encore, the band busted out Breath which was a surprise.

The "final" Smashing Pumpkins show in 2000, Chicago... the Metro.

4+ hours of music. unbelievable.

Set 1:

•Rocket

•I Am One

•Rhinoceros

•Shame

•Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

•The Everlasting Gaze

•Bullet with Butterfly Wings

•Spiteface (tease)

•Thru the Eyes of Ruby

•Blissed and Gone (with the Frogs)

•To Sheila (with Linda Strawberry and the Frogs)

•Mayonaise

•I of the Mourning

Set 2:

•Muzzle

•Stand Inside Your Love

•Perfect

•This Time

•Go

•The Last Song

•Last Instrumental

•Age of Innocence

•Thirty-three

Set 3:

•Tonight, Tonight

•Siva

•Fuck You

•Drown

•Starla

•If There Is a God

•Cash Car Star

•Rock On [Essex]

> Heavy Metal Machine

•Today

Encore 1:

•For Martha (with Billy Corgan, Sr.)

•Born Under a Bad Sign [Jones/Bell] (with Billy Corgan, Sr.)

Encore 2:

•Cherub Rock (with Rick Nielsen)

Encore 3:

•Disarm

•1979 (with Matt Walker)

Encore 4:

•Silverfuck

Edited by here is no why

Hmmm, don't know about Epic... my first concert ever was probably the one I would call Epic, It was Oasis and it being my favourite band, first concert made it awesome, plus they had an awesome setlist, the Acquiesce/Wonderwall/Don't Look Back In Anger/Some Might Say combo at the end was the best shit ever. Also, Blur at the kool haus in Toronto in 2003... it was fucking mental, it was so packed I was right up front and everyone in there was jumping/dancing/singing to every song and Damon even dived into the crowd... it was fucking great, just wish Coxon had been there but oh well

Hmmm, don't know about Epic... my first concert ever was probably the one I would call Epic, It was Oasis...

Oasis were also my first concert ever. They put on one hell of a show.

After 5 years of waiting, finally seeing Matt Good last year was definitely something I'll never forget.

Also my first Foo Fighters show a couple years back, they're one of my all time favourite bands, the wait was so worth it.

hmm still, I don't really know what my MOST EPIC CONCERT EVER is..

These one's just really stand out in my memory.

I think I'd have to go through my box of concert tickets and begin reminiscing in order to come up with a real answer.

Call me lame for saying so, but Waking Up the Nation at Bird's Hill Park in Winnipeg. Extreme, Honeymoon Suite, Sass Jordan, Steve Miller Band and Brian Adams. 11 hours in the pissing down rain, right in the front row for the whole thing. Lots of "cross band" collabs, and Brian Adams earned a lot of respect from me that night, even though I wasn't there specifically to see him. The whole stage was falling apart, all the lighting rig except for one set of spots shorted out, buckets or rainwater pouring out of that poor grand piano, roadies running around the stage trying to tie down the huge curtains that were whipping around knocking over parts of the drumkit, Brian getting handed one guitar after another as they kept shorting out, and Brian refusing the advise of his tour manager to stop because it was going from bad to worse. I just remember getting chills when he sang "where you gonna hide when it all comes down" during Heat of the Night, with the entire stage collapsing around him. Fuck...that was insane.

Then, of course, there was wading through waist high water back to the parking lot after to find our car practically floating away....

PS. Because the crew had these giant squeegees (sp?) that they were using to push sheets of water off the stage (right onto us, of course), my friends and I all refer to that show as "Squeegee-ing the Nation" now.

Edited by umdesch4

2005 with Jet at the Molson Amphitheatre, they were touring Don't Believe the Truth. Wish I could've seen them earlier than that, but oh well, now I'm just glad that I got to see them at all considering that they just broke up.

Yea I remember that one... I was right in front of Liam and then he threw the tambourine to the crowd (right at me I dare say) and you know I catched it but when other 3 people got a hold of it didn't go so well... I had to eventually let go since the thing cut my hand... I was lucky though, some guy ended up missing two front teeth

Pearl Jam both times I've seen them. Hearing songs like Footsteps, No Way, Love, Reign O'er Me, and Breath live...No words.

NO WAY! Epic and rare. I've recently heard some 2009 bootlegs ... had they played No Way live before then?

Yea I remember that one... I was right in front of Liam and then he threw the tambourine to the crowd (right at me I dare say) and you know I catched it but when other 3 people got a hold of it didn't go so well... I had to eventually let go since the thing cut my hand... I was lucky though, some guy ended up missing two front teeth

Thats crazy!! I totally remember him throwing it and thinking "I'm so jealous of whoever gets to take that home..." unfortunately I didn't even have a chance, was all the way up in the seats aha.

Well, I was thinking "lame" because it was Brian Adams, but I was actually there mainly to see Steve Miller Band, so that's my excuse! ;)

Well I've seen lamer bands than Brian Adams... hell I've seen Brian Adams live too... so I can't really be the one judging what's lame in that respect!! lol