myburningbridges

Most Epic Concerts You've Had The Chance To Attend...

elton john was married, bro. elton john.

The differences is that Kirk Hammett doesn't play pansy piano. He plays metal, and we all know metalheads are the toughest, manliest, & least gay people in music history.

RobHalford.jpg

MetalSkool.jpg

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

While I still enjoy their post 80's music, I agree with you Mrs. Jesus...the lost their edge after In Justice For All. Say what you want about Megadeth, they still got the edge.

Epic three days, Dave Matthews Band in Camden, NJ in 2002...FUCK MY LIFE IT WAS INTENSE. The Music was awesome, and the company was pure perfection.

Haven't been to many concerts but I'd say it was Alice Cooper at the Sturgis Rally in south dakota, a few years back. Used to live not far from there and that was the best time to go to a concert.. The year before was good, Velvet Revolver was who we went to see, and they were fine accept I am not a big fan of their former vocalist. I think a few NASCAR drivers were there before and they did some trick with their tires and whatnot. I think one of them was Dale Earnhart Jr. but I don't recall. Of course, none of that matters because both years were epic because of the epic amount of breasts. If really attractive woman is not epic, what is?

The last one I remember with very good memories was the last Placebo's concert in Spain: last summer, July, in the BBK live festival... Awesome festival and even better Placebo's concert!

I have to add a new one, as recent as June 16 in Madrid: Muse (two hours and a half of a spectacular show) together with Editors (almost an hour).

Muse simply rocks... and live even more... The stage was spectacular, almost a city, with so many special effects and lights effects...

If you want to have a look at it, in YouTube under the heading "Muse Vicente Calderon" (the second name is the name of the stadium where they played) you may see some of the videos some fans have uploaded.

Regards,

Juanpe

Okay, where to start...

Metallica was amazing on the Death Magnetic Tour (they were just alright on the St. Anger tour)

NIN, both on the With Teeth Tour and the Lights in the Sky over North America tour. (These are my favorite concerts)

Tool when I saw them on July 4th of this year (Much better than when I saw them at Lollapalooza last year, like, leaps and bounds better!)

A Perfect Circle on the 13th Step tour.

Rob Zombie when he opened for Ozzy (not included on this list, Ozzy)

Minus The Bear last month.

A Few of the Matt Good shows I've been to (including that ONE time I heard Rico live)

Other comments, Tool still has their heart in it very much. It would be impossible to play half of their songs live and not put any heart into it. Also, Mrs. J, Metallica had a HUGE gap where they stopped being metal and just ended up being rock, but their last album was a return to form for them and a good metal album.

Just saw Joe Satriani a couple of weeks ago at Best Buy Theater in Times Square and it was certainly epic. He is amazing. He opened up with Ice 9, which is a song that reminds me of my childhood. My dad would play the album "Surfing With The Alien" all the time when I was a kid, so Ice 9 and other classics really got me excited. Great show.

Edited by Gomo

I've seen a majority of the bands that people have posted on here (Pearl Jam, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Queensryche, Satriani) and all of them were great shows. Satriani/Steve Vai/Eric Johnson (G3 show) was perhaps more memorable than Satriani's solo tour that I saw. That said, the most memorable/epic show that I ever saw was...

Vertical Horizon.

They are far from being one of my favorite bands (I like them, but don't love them). However, what made the show AMAZING was the intimate setting and the acoustics of the room. There may have been only 300 people at the show (this was before they were all of the radio waves in 1999), and we were literally at arms length from them. There were a couple of songs that they played that just blew my mind (they sound better live than they do in studio - anyone that owns "Live Stages" will know what I mean), and that concert remains my favorite to date.

I personally think the music gets distorted too much at arenas (amps turned up way too loud), so I always prefer shows at smaller clubs. Maybe that's just me...

(1.) Meeting Matt at the meet & greet during this tour. I've been a fan for 10 years, and it took me 10 years to finally meet him. That was on my bucket list.

(2.) The last Radiohead concert in Vancouver. That was on my bucket list.

(3.) Rush concert in Calgary. I almost lost my hearing after that concert. It was so loud.

(4.) The last U2 concert in Edmonton. We were in the inner circle near the stage, and Bono threw a white roses into the crowd. One hit my brother's hand.

(5.) Seeing the Tragically Hip in an intimate concert at the Whiskey in Calgary. I obtained tickets through the hip club. I'm glad there's a smoking ban in nightclubs nowadays. It was so smokey at that concert, and I noticed cigarette butts on my shoulder when I got home after that concert. Crazy.

(6.) Seeing nice guy Todd Kerns in concert at the Back Alley long time ago. It's nice to see he's doing well these days, performing with Slash's solo band. I remember Todd Kerns really embraced his fans much like Matthew Good.

(7.) Seeing Matthew Good Band in June of 2001 at the Stampede Corral in Calgary. I think it was on Matt's birthday. It was a very memorable experience.

My favorite concerts probably are:

1)MG at the Vogue during the LOES tour- great venue, great atmosphere, great performance, Matt and the boys killed it, plus first time I had heard Running for Home since 2000

2)Explosions in the Sky at the Vogue in September- these guys are just phenomenal, and getting a 10 song set from them was unexpected but awesome, and hearing The Only Moment We Were Alone and Your Hand in Mine live made pretty happy inside.

3)MG at Mac Hall in Calgary, first acoustic tour- first time hearing Protest Song (favorite!) and Fine Art live was pretty memorable.

4)MGB at Calgary Stampede, 2000- outdoor show, sun is setting, Running For Home is played, 5000 people are singing along

5)Wilco at Mac Hall in Calgary- this was during touring after A Ghost is Born came out, and they had recently added Nels Cline to the lineup

girl, I was at that same MGB show at the Corral, and it was Matt's birthday- I remember the dudes playing SSX on PS2 onstage, the guy who was so excited he couldn't sing Load Me Up, and one of my high school classmates getting pulled on stage to sit on the fake bull. I also remember getting kicked in the head a lot and the giant red mark across my chest from being crushed against the barricade in front of the stage. One thing I wish I didn't remember is the singer from Copyright- his pants were too tight and there was a hole near his cockbulge.