alex_madf3rit

Blur - No Distance Left To Run Documentary

So, the blur documentary is only playing in Canada once, in TO this upcoming Thursday, not sure if its playing anywhere else. Any blur fans out there? I'm pretty sure I'll go check it out. Also DVD is being released in February, which includes the hyde park reunion concerts. I am so glad that's being released, cause I was completely going to make that trip to England and completely failed at it.

ya no problem. Think Tank was great, but man, if Graham had been in all of it... I mean Battery In Your Leg is fucking amazing

so its playing at Scotiabank theatre 259 Richmond St W on Thursday at 7pm, prices between $10-$15 I don't know how that works, is a movie theatre. I'm pretty sure is also playing at the Silver City on yonge and eglinton but I gotta double check that.

are you a fan of the Libertines?

You hear that they have signed a deal for a reunion this year? I bloody hope they do.

from wikipedia...

In an interview in the NME published on 19 August 2009, Doherty promised that The Libertines would reunite and headline festivals in 2010, joking that if Bar

Edited by here is no why

oh man, way too hard to pick one, my favourite ones gotta be modern life, parklife, self titled and think tank, out of those I'd have to go with parklife, blur at is best, but they're all great in their own way though, even the great escape, it usually takes so much beating, but I think is still pretty good, plus it has the universal on it, my fav blur song

yea lord don't slow me down was pretty good, I wish I could have seen that acoustic show, don't remember why I didn't make it

LDSMD is probably one of the dullest DVDs I've ever bothered to watch. Load of shit.

Doubt I'll be buying this as it'll just rub salt in the wound (I was meant to be going to the Manc gig) and I seen their Glasto set anyway.

On 23 October 2009, Daily Star's blogger Kim Dawson revealed in her music blog "Playlist" that Pete, Carl, Gary and John will sign a management deal for a full reunion as The Libertines in 2010

Daily Star. ;) :angry:

Edited by LonelyWreckage

If the Libertines come back, they better come to Toronto. Or a major festival like Bonnaroo over here, which I plan on attending. I'll be pretty upset if not.

I enjoyed LDSMD, but I can understand why people wouldn't like it. I never understood why the Manchester Show wasn't in full, they left out like 4 or 5 songs, seems stupid to me. What bothers me is that a dvd like that should have been done for a tour like Be Here Now, probably when the band was at their absolute peak. I consider myself a pretty big Oasis fan, I liked everything they've done up until the break.

If anyone wants that Noel & Gem from Toronto album I can upload it for sure. It's great.

I enjoyed LDSMD, but I can understand why people wouldn't like it. I never understood why the Manchester Show wasn't in full, they left out like 4 or 5 songs, seems stupid to me. What bothers me is that a dvd like that should have been done for a tour like Be Here Now, probably when the band was at their absolute peak. I consider myself a pretty big Oasis fan, I liked everything they've done up until the break.

They've done videos for their DM and MG tours, back when Liam could sing.

And now that they're no more, I get the feeling a DVD of Knebworth may just make its way soon....

Both the G-mex and Knebworth gigs are in circulation though (pro-shot, at that), so what'd be the point ? If we're just hoping for a hypothetical live DVD, then I'd enjoy anything from the Definitely Maybe tour or the Be Here Now tour that we haven't seen. My ideal Oasis live performance has already been answered by Live By the Sea, really - largely DM setlist with some WTSMG being debuted, being sung by Liam (as apposed to snarling ('96)/shouting (2000 onwards). I agree the backstage/on the road type of DVD should've really been done for Oasis at their peak - 95-97.

I tend to think of his vocals in 1997 as a 'resurgance' - by 1996 he'd started go all snarly/whiney almost so it was nice to hear him back to singing again. As a rule though I think his vocals were going downhill from day one. If you listen to some of the DM demos/'93 BBC Radio 1 session/Gleneagles performance, he sounds comparatively angelic. By late '95 he'd lost his ability to hit the high notes consistently and I think his previously described '96 vocals were an attempt to compensate for that. '97 he was playing to his abilities and by 1998 he'd started turning shite.

;)

Anyway, wasn't this about Blur ?!...

lol

Go Let It Out is one of my favourites they ever did... Roll It Over contains a beautiful vocal by Liam and Gas Panic is easily one of their best songs ever.

That whole album was great, minus a couple tracks. Should have been an transitional period style EP.

1. Go Let It Out

2. Who Feels Love

3. Sunday Morning Call

4. Let's All Make Believe

5. Gas Panic!

6. Where Did It All Go Wrong?

7. Roll It Over

if that's how it was done, would have been on of their best records.

I don't have a problem with Giants, is not their best, but is not half as bad as people make it out to be. Also, come on, you gotta have fuckin' in the bushes and I can See A Liar, but that's just me. It's Be Here Now I have a problem with.

Anyways, I'll be leaving to TO soon, let you know how it went later

I Can See A Liar is only good for the riff. The lyrics are terrible.

PYMWYMI is the worst song Oasis have ever written.

I'd have Little James on the album over each of them, just because it was liams first tune. Albeit terrible lyrics, still not a bad song.

Fucking In the Bushes is killer, could be added on the front again.

The most criminal thing about "...Giants" is not having Let's All Make Believe and having those 3 tracks mentioned above on the album. Doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah man, let me know how it is.

Little James is worse than ICSAL or PYMWYMI; at least the former has the riff - Little James has precisely fuck all. Woeful song.

SOTSOG would've been decent enough if they replaced Little James for LAMB, and ditched at least one of the above.

Edited by LonelyWreckage