Muran

What Graphic Novels Are You Reading?

So, for the past year, I've been really getting into graphic novels. I think it started with Watchmen. There are a good number of geeks on this forum, so please, share with me what comics you guys are into! I'm always looking for something new to read.

So far, I've read/Am reading:

Marvel Fairy Tales

Grimm Fairy Tales

Watchmen

The Killing Joke

The Dark Knight Returns

The Sentry

Astonishing X-Men (But just the Joss Whedon story)

The Ultimates

Marvels

Ultimate Spider-Man

Fables

Scott Pilgrim

The Walking Dead

The Dark Tower

Mouse Guard

Nightmare & Fairy Tales

I'm currently in the process of collected Fables, Mouse Guard and The Walking Dead. It kills me having to wait months for each Walking Dead trade to come out.

I have never really been into zombies at all, but The Walking Dead is intense. Less about zombies, and more about extreme survival/coping tactics.

I'm really surprised at how much I enjoyed Ultimates as well, as I've always identified as a "Marvel" girl, and never had much interest in Captain America or the Avengers in general. But wow. Captain America is pretty badass. Looking forward to the new Avengers movie, although I should really watch Iron Man :/

I'm excited that Scott Pilgrim the movie is going to be released in August, but at the same time, I think Michael Cera is going to make a horrible Scott Pilgrim. But at least the final volume will be released shortly before...

I've read Watchmen twice, and for me, it's one of those books that's not quite as good the second time, mainly for the fact that I knew how it was going to end, which was a huge shock the first time.

Anyhow, here is the list of graphic novels I've read/own.

Watchmen

Batman: Year One

The Dark Knight Returns

Batman: The Long Halloween

Batman: Dark Victor

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth

Batman: RIP

Joker

The Killing Joke

Batman: The Man Who Laughs

Serenity: Those Left Behind

Transformers: All Hail Megatron Vol 1-3

Y: The Last Man (Deluxe Hardcover edition 1-2)

As you can see, I am a fan of Batman and I recommend every Batman book I've listed there, with Joker and Arkham being my favorites. I think the best of what I've read is Y: The Last Man. It was only after I started reading Vol 2 that I found out it was a massive 60 issue story that has been released in a series of 10 trade paperbacks, and is slowly being releaed in the deluxe hardcover editions. It is all kinds of excellent and I suggest that everyone looks into it.

I agree about Watchmen.

I forgot to add Arkham Asylum! That one blew my mind. Absolutely amazing. Tripped me the fuck out.

I also forgot to add Bone.

Kevin owns a lot of Transformers comics, including All Hail Megatron. I tried really hard to read them, but they're just not my bag :/

i remember when they were called "trade paperbacks" aka TPB's.

I got 3:

The Watchmen (had it for several years, shamefully haven't finished it yet)

Essential Spider-Man Vol.1 (reprints Amazing Fantasy #15, & 1st 20 original issues of Amazing Spiderman 1960's era)

Essential X-Men vol.1 (reprints Giant-Size X-men #1, and the next 20 Uncanny X-men issues by Claremont/Wein/Byrne like #94-116 or something like that).

I haven't bought a comic in years, a shame, i used to be huge into it. I want to get all the Swamp Thing TPB's that Alan Moore did, and the Sandman TPB's that Neil Gaimen did, that shit is gold.

Graham, you are right, most of what Tracy lister are TPB's. The difference being TPB's were released as comics first and then later, the arcs were collected in a TPB. A Graphic novel is something that was never released as individual comics. Though, the definition seems to be quickly changing.

I've been reading the Death Of Captain America Omnibus and will soon be reading The Walking Dead Book 4, I'm excited.

i'm just starting my first.

sandman by neil gaiman.

i'm finding it hard to get into, honestly.

but i heard it gets better, so i'ma keep reading.

i'm just starting my first.

sandman by neil gaiman.

i'm finding it hard to get into, honestly.

but i heard it gets better, so i'ma keep reading.

I met Neil a little while ago and he drew this for me

http://twitpic.com/tq8zh

Needless to say, it's one of the coolest things I own. I have all 4 volumes of Absolute Sandman and I'm going to Order Absolute Death soon.

I absolutely love how the animated series was practically the first volume and the 1st half of the 2nd volume, verbatim. Really awesome.

I'm just into the 2nd volume and I'm so amazed that Sam Kieth thought it wasn't that great. The ideas and concept was amazing.

the ones i've read or am currently reading:

The sandman

Watchmen

Preacher

Fables

Arkham Asylum

Captain Canuck (seriously awesome stuff!)

The Killing Joke

The Marvel Civil War collection once i can afford all the copies

Maus (amazing read, heartbreaking stuff)

Persepolis (same deal as Maus)

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, but god I love to read comics/graphic novels, whatever you want them to be called